[2.5] [UPDATED][HC] Billy's budget bladefall brotems

Hi all,

This build was inspired by Liftingnerdbro's crit spierce totems. I adapted the build for Bladefall, and chose to use power charges (unlike Lifting). At the moment I'm level 80 with this build in PHC, my dps per totem is 27,7k with my skills at level 18. For a totem build its very active, and I'm having a lot of fun playing it.

I changed my pcoc generation set up to: OoS + pcoc + coh + enfeeble.
Edit: With the totem buffs in 2.5 im sure this build is going to be very solid dps wise and survivability wise.

Links
Spoiler
Mains skill: Spell totem - Bladefall - Faster casting - Concentrated effect/Inc AoE - Controlled destruction - Crit Multi
Power charge generation: OoS + PcoC + CoH + Enfeeble
Defensive set up: cwdt (approx 1/3 life)- IC - Increased Duration - Vaal haste/grace
Auras: Arctic armour + Hatred + HoA
Vaal skills: Vaal Discipline - Vaal discipline - Increased duration
Movement: Flame dash + Faster casting
Golem: Cwdt lvl 1 - chaos golem lvl 3
I have flame dash and golem in helmet, vaal disciplines in shield.
Build and levelling
Spoiler
Level 20ish

I levelled with Ethereal knives, linked to added fire and faster casting with a Karui ward amulet. I think bladevortex is fine too, once you get bladefall in act 3, use that, and self cast it (BF+fc+Conc effect + controlled destruction) until you have ancestral bonds and then start using a 4L spell totem + bladefall + faster casting + conc effect/controlled destruction. Also don't forget to start levelling spell totem as soon as you can!!

Level 40ish From here go MoM, and run a seething/bubbling mana flask.

Level 65ish

Final build

ProjectPT approved HC tree

Bandits: Oak/Kill all/Alira

Items
Spoiler
These items will boost your dps but are not at all necessary for the build to work.
Maligaro's virtuosity
Carcass Jack/Belly of the beast
Divinarius
I was using a divinarius, but honestly any 80% base crit dagger with a bit of spell damage and crit multi will be better.

We run EB + MoM for damage mitigation, while levelling I mostly ran only Hatred and had a seething/bubbling mana flask for when I took a big hit and MoM drained my mana. This works fine until you get to about 1k ES, when you can grab EB, and throw in your vaal disciplines and you are good to go.

At the moment I have 84.5% crit chance, and I am yet to spec into the annihilation nodes at witch. It should be fairly straightforward to cap crit chance even while running controlled destruction (edit: it's actually so easy I dropped 2 power charges from the tree for 2.5)!

Offensive page:
Spoiler

Feel free to have a peek at my character running this build, its Billy_Ripped_to_TS
Hope you like it, stay safe!
Last edited by thevdende on Nov 30, 2016, 11:33:29 AM
Last bumped on Feb 12, 2017, 4:19:38 AM
<reserved like a pro>
No Critique? No flame? Where is the hate?
edited pcoc generation.
Hey, I build a character inspired by your guide. It works pretty good and it is a lot of fun. I decided to play without power charges and I play sc only, so a little bit more glassy. Ive played some other Totem builds before, like Flame or Incinerate, but I like this one much more. The clearspeed is better, probably a little slower with some bosses but Iam ok with that.
Good work!
Last edited by traax87 on Apr 12, 2016, 7:51:35 AM
Hey I'm glad you like it! Generally its only worth it to start generating powercharge after you've taken a couple of them in your tree. Its very easy with bladevrtex + pcoc + cwdt. Even with 1 or 2 stacks you will get the charges very fast!
Yes, i thought about a cwdt setup with blade vortex+pcoc+inc.duration, but honestly, at the moment Iam sitting at around 52k per totem, damage is not really an issue. I should probably not play dual wield, but its sc, who cares. (4.7k life 500es 3.xk armour , Iam aiming for 400-500 life more)

Edit: I found a Trolltimber Spire in my stash, looks pretty intresting for a build like this. LL and inc. AoE for Totems is nice, should be an alternative for maps with ugly mods....
Last edited by traax87 on Apr 15, 2016, 2:41:31 PM
Those are some insane numbers for totems ^^
Really? Well, like I said, I play dual wield and these
gave me a really good dmg boost. Oh, and i have to point out, I play std only. The time when I played temp. leagues are long gone, last time was some d2 ladder in 2006.
Btw: sry for my bad english, its not my native language
Last edited by traax87 on Apr 16, 2016, 3:22:01 PM
Nice! Dual wielding daggers will increase dps by a lot indeed. Just wondering why you have the cold leeched as life crafted on the one dagger, I dont think the leech will apply to you. That jewel is really nice too, just need the life for HC tho :<

btw your english is good, didn't notice a thing!
Last edited by thevdende on Apr 18, 2016, 3:48:40 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info