Reflect interaction with Vaal Pact + Ghost Reaver.

Considering picking up Ghost Reave + Vaal pact on my KB character, since reflect would be an issue later on, but he is a hybrid character and will most likely have more life than ES. So, the question is... If I did enough damage to 1shot myself (life and ES combined), how would the leech work? Would I need enough ES to absorb the total amount at once?

Having, let's say, 2k ES, and 4k life.. would that be enough to stop incoming damage amount of 5k from a reflect pack from my KB? I'm sure this has been asked before... but I couldn't find it. Thanks.
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
Last bumped on Mar 28, 2016, 11:15:12 AM
Reflected damage from KBing a pack on a reflect map would come in a bunch of small hits and you would get ES back before each one, as in leech-reflect-leech-reflect and so on. As reflected damage you receive from one hit is unlikely to go anywhere near 2k I'd say you're fine, you just need enough leech to cover for reflect as usual, hybrid or no hybrid.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Mar 28, 2016, 4:20:02 AM
"
raics wrote:
Reflected damage from KBing a pack on a reflect map would come in a bunch of small hits and you would get ES back before each one, as in leech-reflect-leech-reflect and so on. As reflected damage you receive from one hit is unlikely to go anywhere near 2k I'd say you're fine, you just need enough leech to cover for reflect as usual, hybrid or no hybrid.

Would wish it would be like that. I can reflect 3,5k+ dmg from just a single mob.

GGG need to implement some mechanic to counter reflect dmg. Like unique or keystone passive that reduct/negate reflected damage.
Last edited by herflik on Mar 28, 2016, 5:33:06 AM
"
herflik wrote:
"
raics wrote:

Would wish it would be like that. I can reflect 3,5k+ dmg from just a single mob.

GGG need to implement some mechanic to counter reflect dmg. Like unique or keystone passive that reduct/negate reflected damage.

"
herflik wrote:

You're doing 50k+ damage per hit with Kinetic Blast? How?

You can counter reflect damage, it can be mitigated with pretty much any damage mitigation mechanic and avoided with any relevant damage avoidance method.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Mar 28, 2016, 6:02:44 AM
1.For reflect you basically just need to ensure that you dont 1-shot you with 1 of your single hits. This is for a Wander (Especially Ele Wander) VERY unlikely. With a 5k pool, an Ele Wander would need ~100k top end on hit damage.

2.You have to ensure, that after each hit yoou going back to full ES. If you are Ele Based, you need overall 3.75% leech (15% reflected damage divided by 4). This can only be reduced if you use Eva with a good tweaked accuracy rating (or Fortify)
If you are a phys based wander, theres nearly no way around it. You could also skip VP (unless you have a good bunch of armor) or a very high amount of evasion combined with a low accuracy rating
Welcome to the greatest of arenas, Duelist. God is watching you.

Thanks, that clears it up.
Mess with the best, die like the rest.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info