[2.4] Why Life/ES hybrids are so strong yet noone knows that - Frost Blades example

but you know that this character - with its rather unimpressive dps can clear these red maps with mods?

facehugging a boss like fungi is the popular way but it is not the only way that works

note: this char has 39% chaos res and chaos damage is not an issue worth talking about
Hello,

Nice idea, makes sense =P

I'm doing a Saboteur in BHC league and lvl 75 so far.

The only problem that I see with this hybrid build is that you need
high tier life roll on your equip, plus chaos res, specificaly on the shield, everything else is fine to get.

What do you recomend in terms of gear to look for and craft to get good stats?
For exemple, I got one body armour with 120+ to max energy shield, double res and
crafted 65% maximum EV and ES, but the lack of good life stats leaves my char with 200 less life overal.

Thanks
im affraid that the easiest way is to just buy it outright. crafting in case of hybrids is bit ineffective

the most important slot in this case is shield. for a shield you can aim at highest ES possible + EV sacrificing life roll (for now, later on youll easily find cheap life/es/ev shields)

in case you cannot find good es/ev chest - just get 500 ES chest with life roll (for now).

one thing that makes this build harder than sometime ago is the current lootfilter situation. most popular lootfilters remove several bases (all the 'not top tier' fiasco). in case of hybrid gear the tier does not matter that much and you can get a pretty decent items on first 3-4 tiers of bases. sad that only top base of each item type will be visible. this makes market for them very shallow on the 'for sale' end. people not picking them up -> people not IDing them -> people not selling them. not to mention that people rather play meta/sheep builds and hybrids is not the one
Yeah, true that!

I switched to the default loot filter, it seems that hybrid bases are appearing more often
than before, or it can just be RGN ilusion, idk.

I managed to buy an hybrid with good life roll and +to maximum energy shield and will craft again
65% more es and ev when I got lvl 7 master to remove mods, its pretty good now I think.

The next levels I'm picking more ev/life nodes, and with 30% ev now I can see a considerable
difference in sustain (40% chance to block + 30%+ ev, and granite flask with 90%+ to defense)

Hope I get to lvl 90 and post my thoughs on high tier maps =D

Cheers,
id advise picking up Rumi's or Basalt instead of Granite. Acrobatic's penalty cuts into armor but not into Phys Reduction from Basalt. Block from Rumi's is also reduced but it is still a lot of block. Basalt helps with bleeds. Enduring Cry for constant Endurance Charge uptime + picking +Endurance Charge from bandits and youll have a respectable Phys Reduction

in reply to the theme of the original post, many builds are overlooked but aren't popular mainly because the gear is hard to sell on. But just check dismantletime videos, you don't even need amazing gear to get 10k life, and enough life regen to never need a healing potion, and ofc with a dome or whatever for every hit you receive you can get 50% mitigation from armour and basically 40% more mitigation from life regen, problem is u need amazing gear for dps, lv 4 empower and heavy fire based shit, signal fire, explosive arrow rearguard for defense etc, with 900 str iron will makes spells viable. but nothing really owns dmg wise
IGN: Juxax

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info