[2.2] questions about Gladiator & counter-attack skills

Is it worth to do a gladiator 1h/shield, full block focusing on the counter-attack skills?
Are they even worth using?
Alot of people using Gladiator but I didnt see any guide for a build using these skills, so I was wondering if they are viable.
And if they are, how to do so?
Last bumped on Mar 27, 2016, 9:30:57 PM
Hey there. I have been playing an Ice Crash/Cyclone Gladiator with max block. Counter attack skills are awesome although they are limited. I use the skill on a 4 link. The reason the skills don't have a build around them is because they are limited by an internal cooldown. The block one, Reckoning, has the lowest one of 0.4 seconds. If you have space I would defently use it as a gladiator if you are going for max block. I linked Reckoning to Added Melee Damage, Added Fire Damage and Culling Strikes(Attack speed modifiers have no effect on counter skills). I use Facebreakers and medioker gear and it still 1 shots packs of white mobs on T12 maps with my level 89 character.

To sum up my post is it worth a 4 link in your setup as a Gladiator: Yes, the skill boost your overall damage output and activates almost on cooldown. Would I make an entire build based only on that skill: No. It can not be controlled, you have to block or be hit and then it has to activate. You don't want the scary things hitting you in hope you hit them back. You want scary things to die fast, and if they hit you they die even faster.
"
TrexerPoE wrote:
Hey there. I have been playing an Ice Crash/Cyclone Gladiator with max block. Counter attack skills are awesome although they are limited. I use the skill on a 4 link. The reason the skills don't have a build around them is because they are limited by an internal cooldown. The block one, Reckoning, has the lowest one of 0.4 seconds. If you have space I would defently use it as a gladiator if you are going for max block. I linked Reckoning to Added Melee Damage, Added Fire Damage and Culling Strikes(Attack speed modifiers have no effect on counter skills). I use Facebreakers and medioker gear and it still 1 shots packs of white mobs on T12 maps with my level 89 character.

To sum up my post is it worth a 4 link in your setup as a Gladiator: Yes, the skill boost your overall damage output and activates almost on cooldown. Would I make an entire build based only on that skill: No. It can not be controlled, you have to block or be hit and then it has to activate. You don't want the scary things hitting you in hope you hit them back. You want scary things to die fast, and if they hit you they die even faster.

Thanks for the throughout explanation!
My reckoning does 200k dps

but reflect will rekt you so i have to take it off in any better maps

I feel pretty, Oh, so pretty,
I feel pretty, and witty and gay,
And I pity Any girl who isn’t me today!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info