What are the absolute best spots to farm currency at?

"
mazul wrote:
"
Rales007 wrote:
Now that's a good reply, thanks.

Lol, sure just because it is a reply you want to hear even though it is not the correct reply.

You asked a question, you got a helpful honest reply but you didn't like the answer :). At the very least you should thank Mythabril for giving you the correct reply so quickly even though you didn't like the reply and should have rephrased your question.

"I alch low level maps and speedrun them for currency" is not the best spot to farm currency, far from it. Focusing your time entirely on poe.trade is far more efficient.

I am assuming he/she meant by playing the game, but sure, whatever makes you happy.
Last edited by ZenEnott on Mar 26, 2016, 2:18:51 PM
It's my bad, I should of clarified what I meant. Please if anyone has other ideas, I'd gladly listen.
"
Nephalim wrote:
The highest level of maps you can safely do while stacking IIQ.

This sounds pretty good, I would rephrase to "you can do safely and fast while stacking IIQ". And if you don't mind dying every now and then speed becomes even more important than safety. So it is entirely dependent on your build, specifically on the level of your clearspeed, defenses, and magic find.

Talking only map layouts independently of other factors, of course you want maps without backtracking, ideally also with easy bosses. From low to high tier: Tropical Island / Strand / Canyon / Dry Peninsula / Gorge / Bazaar / Plateau / Springs. All these are worth to be ran over and over again if you have the appropriate build to clear them fast.

Tier 8+ gives better items to sell so if your build can't do Alched tier 8 maps fast it might be better to just Transmute them and blow through them fast while not spending much currency on rerolling. Similarly if you can do a blue tier 9 map twice as fast as a yellow tier 11 map you might want to stick to the former if you're not worried about getting higher map drops (tier 12+).

I have no experience with farming bosses so can't help you there. I would think running tier 8+ maps fast will give you returns at least as good as farming Dominus or Malachai unless you're multiboxing or whatever.

There's also a post on reddit from someone who set up very fast labyrinth runs for helmet enchants and profited a lot from it: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/4bwuhh/voc_explains_how_he_generated_a_stable_passive/. Good helmets with good enchants are still going for some Exalted on Standard so if you have a build that can run Lab very fast you might want to do that.
scroogetemplar / scroogewitch / scroogemarauder

Freezing Pulser (safe + affordable): https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1529856

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info