[2.5] HC Firestorm Hierophant (Dual-Curse, Cheap, Beginnerfriendly, Atziri Down)

"
xenogfan43 wrote:
This is a real solid build, i went for the skill duration nodes instead of the right side of the tree and grabbed the %fire damage nodes above the witch's start. I also went into more curse effect and use blasphemy with enfeeble and warlords mark instead of anger.

Also, you can use a cybil's paw with 8 life gain on hit by your spells, two of them if you have dual wield block jewels, and you'll be able to get a solid 500-1600 life per second from life gain on hit alone when fighting a single target, more with more firestorms down, way more with lots of enemies on screen. I found that this in tandem with life leech from warlords mark, the occassional endurance charges (which vastly increase the duration of immortal call, using a CWDT setup with that + inc duration in one claw) and putting the blasphemy curses in your gloves works really really well.

An amazing build to start a league with, just pick up firestorm and echo/faster casting as soon as possible and you can just roll over everything once you get your ascendancy and have that 20% penetration going.

Also, something i think you neglected to mention, you can make a flame totem setup in your boots which roughly doubles your total dps by allowing you to drop 3 flame totems that have life leech, you can also use that to deal with reflect mobs/maps. extremely capable build, i'm running 5k life with crap gear, belly of the beast, rime gaze and repentance. I'm going to pick up a kaom's heart and doryani's fire belt and see how easy atziri is, seems like it'll be a cakewalk.

9/10, really like it, wish it cleared a little faster but it sure does offer tons of survivability and requires almost no gear investment, very solid build for starting the next league.

Thank you for your comments. You mention realy good stuff there to try out. Especialy the Totem's way. But I also think that the single target wasn't realy the Problem, but they will help you nevertheless. Later in the league there is also the option to switch to inquisitor for more damage, but therefor you need the right items to do so.

"
First off, thanks for posting a build that doesn't start with "Required Items: <insert 10+ex piece of gear>..."

This is an ele build and you don't have your weapon slot committed to anything, so there's an item that ought to be mentioned somewhere here-

Even 2 days into a new league, it's 1alch. Put a cold spell in it and you have another effectively six-linked spell, that utilizes Rime Gaze's increased cold damage. Maybe something like Arctic Breath for dropping chilled ground, to keep mobs in the firestorms longer and reap the defensive benefit. You could also make a case for just grabbing a rare wand with 100+ increased fire/spell damage, though...

Yep you can switch around what you want. I personlay liked Rima because of the con-effect and the strong multiplier. Now in 2.4 the wands are way stronger then this unique, so I would probeply still go this way.
Hi there, just started the new league using your build. Really good so far.
Quick question, how good is orb of storm curse spreading in later levels? is using blasphemy w/ curses better or worse?
"
iapoc004 wrote:
Hi there, just started the new league using your build. Really good so far.
Quick question, how good is orb of storm curse spreading in later levels? is using blasphemy w/ curses better or worse?

I think with orb of storms it is the best solution. You need 2 Blashphemy auras for 2 curses, therefor you miss out on the auras i use. With orb of storm you hit nearly every mob with the curse. If you miss some trash mobs, than it is no big deal and rare+unique mobs will always be cursed so its fine i think.
Hi there, really love your build. 2 Days into this build amd already hitting 62. What i want to ask is, can this build switch into flameblast build? personally i think this build lack single target even with conc effect (or maybe i just build it wrong?)
Also what other curse you would reccomend? is tri curse with doedre possible to run?

Great build anyway
Hey, I'm using your build for my new created templar on the essence league, what I want to ask you is what kind of helmet did you use before you used Rime Gaze? Which mods do you prefer to use?
Really nice build (and guide), leveling my second hc char in essence at the moment with this build (the first one ripped at lvl 65 due to me beeing brain afk).

Although now on the 2nd run, i am replacing stone golem with decoy totem, since i really dislike the sloppy AI of the stone golem (always running somewhere pulling / adding stuff and never taunting the mobs i want it to taunt), so a decoy totem give me way more control over what to taunt WHERE.

Trying to find a place somewhere for a chaos or flame golem now with the totem occupying the normal golem slot...
"
jerryperry wrote:
Hey, I'm using your build for my new created templar on the essence league, what I want to ask you is what kind of helmet did you use before you used Rime Gaze? Which mods do you prefer to use?

Leveling any helm should do, if you want Geofri's Crest at level 53 is a pretty solid hierophant helm (lots of resis and +1 socketed gems) giving a somewhat decent boost until you reach Rime Gaze.
Hey, it's me again, i'm currently at lvl 84 in HC essence with this build (still playing with decoy totem + stone golem) and am yet to be able to afford kaoms heart.
I do have a question tho: Is it really worth going for the increased effect duration notes over something like "Heart of Flame" at the top of the tree? Going there would mean spending 1 passive for 10 more int and then getting 1x 10% fire dmg, 3x 12% fire and 1x 25% fire dmg + 3% fire penetration notes.
Thanks for a build. But can u add a video how u clear maps? And add a leveling! Thanks
Hey, i am happy about the people having fun with the Build.
But my Time is limited right now, so I don't update this guide anymore, sry for that. The build itself should work anyways.

For some questions:
-No i can't do a video guide.
-Tri-Curse will be tricky to implement because u need either a 5-link Curse on Hit Setup or another Blasphemie Curse
-U can always use Stone Golem and Decoy Totem
-Today there are better Firestorm/Flameblast builds then this one, but this is more "Hipster"
-The clearspeed is okay, but not that great because of the ramp up time of Firestorm (U need to stack more than 1 at a time)
-I think you can switch to Flameblast instead of Firestorm, but i personaly dont like Flameblast because u need to be more carefull of reflect mobs.
-For leveling: Just use whatever u find as items and go firestorm from level 12 onwards. First 3-Link can be Firestorm- Controlled Destruction/Conc-Effect - Faster Casting
Later on switch Faster Casting with Spell-Echo and use both Conc and CD in 4-Link. Geofri's is a super helm before Rima

Another think i want to note: For more DPS switch Faster Casting in rima with Fire Pen to increase your damage substantional at Resist Monster
And for more survivability use Enfeeble instead of Flamability

Gl Guys
Last edited by Kandes on Jan 16, 2017, 5:46:34 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info