[3.0] Fast Earthquake Berserker - 700k DPS (Shaper Viable)

Any changes for 3.0? I'm thinking of using this as a starter build.
TabSluppins - Pizza guy
"
squ1shed wrote:

Bleed was nerfed into the ground. You're looking at something like a 50% damage reduction.
Did you ever see history portrayed as an old man with a wise brow and pulseless heart, weighing all things in the balance of reason?
Is not rather the genius of history like an eternal, imploring maiden, full of fire, with a burning heart and flaming soul, humanly warm and humanly beautiful?
"
squ1shed wrote:

i havent done a proper re-gearing but this exact tree is significantly worse in 3.0

a pure phys crimson dance variant schould achieve comparable top end damage (maybe 10-20% less) with better defenses. i messed around in path of building but didnt save the tree.

i probably wont redo this for a little while but my changes would be:

- brutality over added fire on EQ
- maim on either leap slam or totem (or both in a 6l)
- defensive auras or blood magic instead of ele auras
- haeomophilia to help with clearing. if the damage isnt enough then herald of ash may still be worth it just for the burns
- drop kaoms roots for rare boots or deaths door, and use brine king pantheon

it should have higher per-hit damage and about the same dps at max crimson dance stacks with flasks up. shaper dps should be worse at the top end but not significantly. phys reflect becomes a major issue so better phys reduction may be warranted. may want ECoMS on leap slam just to make immortal call longer.

that said, as a starter you should basically start as sunder until you get an EQ duration hat, and the tree is pretty generic. so it should be fine as a starter build and easy to transition into another if it doesnt work out.
Last edited by Kavanaugh on Aug 4, 2017, 9:56:18 AM
Hey man, I saw this build and thought it looked amazing. So i wanted to play it in 3.0

I have made a build in Path of building, its goal is to be a fast earthquaker with bleed damage, using crimson dance. Like yours.

If you want to take a look at it and maybe give feedback, it would be much appriciated.

https://pastebin.com/YQ5bH5ZF

Good luck in 3.0!
"
Kavanaugh wrote:

- brutality over added fire on EQ

Brutality would suck unfortunately, as you can't run hatred or any heralds. It just doesn't offer enough dmg.. : /

Haemophilia should be an upgrade and so should Crimson Dance but tbh, it feels that bleed was designed to be the main dmng source and as a result, I don't think that a build which uses it as a filler such as EQ Berserker can benefit significantly from it.

My plan is to have an Ancestral Warchief applying bleeds while I use Bloodlust + Haemophilia + relevant nodes to get ~120% for hitting bleeding enemies.
brutality is definitely less damage on the surface. however it has the added benefit of scaling bleed, improving the damage bonus from maim and witchfire brew, and not being subject to resistance penalties. with the nice addition opening up room for defensive auras or blood magic (or just blasphemy vuln if you have the int).

with the pure phys varient, bleed becomes a non-negligible part of the overall dps and should come close to doubling the overall combined damage at max stacks (and possibly better once the bleeds start overwriting one another). if nothing else, i found brutality+ the higher bleed damage to be far more significant than added fire+hatred+herald of ash if the tree is reworked slightly. the biggest drawback being that herald of ash is far better for clearing than haemophelia is.

bloodlust is rlly strong tho and is definitely better than added fire if you arent gonna bother scaling bleed. EDIT: after toying around with things a bit again it seems like bloodlust is absolutely better so long as you can keep the bleed applied (not hard). so ill probably update it towards that.
Last edited by Kavanaugh on Sep 2, 2017, 12:16:24 AM
Hey man,
Really interested in your build, do you plan to update it for 3.0 anytime soon?
Thanks
(sort of) updated for 3.0

Havent really dont ane of the difficult content with this in 3.0, but I updated the guide to a varient with very minimal changes applicable to the current patch.

Overall the build should be a bit worse for general mapping but better for shaper/guardians..
I would love to try this but got few questions to OP or whoever can help me first.
How significant for this build is warped timepiece? Capping reses and meeting stats requirements with only rings hat and gloves will be hard/almost impossible to do on lower level budget so I was thinking of dropping this unique in place of rare amu with stats and resistances.
What is the go-to 6l now? I believe it is eq-swift affliction-reduced duration-brutality-Melee phys- bloodlust? Or drop one of red gems for inc aoe/conc effect?
Kaoms roots are still viable or we go with rares or other unique?
My current gem setup is 4l ic cwdt id ms, 4l leap slam forty maim fa and 5l brotem chance to bleed maim melee phys fa, I'm using kaoms so only 2x4l and belly, should I think of a change or this is good setup?
Blood magic is viable or we will lose too much dmg?
I would rly appreciate your help.
Cheers
Hey OP, can you help me out pls, doing this setup for a while but getting rly low tooltip and PoB DPS, like 30% of what i had when doing sunder on same items.

MY EQ:

And Passives:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAECAASzBS0HdQmWC2EOPBNMFCAUTRRxF-EYkRo4IVUhkCQ3JvgnICcvLPswdzWSOQ46UjrhPAU8LT38QKBFmka3R35N404yUEdXVFhjWfNZ_l4TXz9f0GEhYVJkUmVNZadmVGjycg9yqXTtdqx4enrve3R7jHzZggeDX4PMhNmE74VShmCHaooiirOMz5BVk6iUb5d5n9-iAKZXp22pJ6mUrKqtja5Qr2y3PryfvTa-p78IwGbApsGjxPbGrsbYz37Tb9i92WHZfNrB3D3g2OJh5FHqEOoY6wnvDu9O73zwH_JF9kj3Mvhf-Ov8S_4K_o8=?accountName=Cedvin&characterName=Wacksack

Cant find the reason my dps is so low, hatred+hoa on full buffs PoB says it is 120k and Haste + Vuln is 150k with both aftershocks around 40-50k.
I fell in love with the skill and playstyle but i need someone help me out with this.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info