[2.2][HC][VIDEOS] Life Crit Dual Spark Totem Inquisitor

Hey guys, been wanting to play dual spark like it was when dual spork was a thing. But, it got nerfed so it kinda disappeared. Now that everything else has been buffed, dual spork totems is back! Still not like it used to be, but viable.

Positioning becomes very important, especially since you should be "walking" with your totems. Its imperative to place your totems AHEAD of you for safety, back up if you need to, and on both sides of a difficult rare/boss to confuse them a bit.

I will admit, although the totems act as a safety precaution, this build lacks a bit of tankiness on yourself and your totems. BUT I DIE TO DC.

Did not try atziri and wont bc im gonna play a new char since i died so stupidly.

VIDEOS
Spoiler

Im not the best player, so likely any one of you could probably clear faster than me.

DRIED LAKE RUN (TABULA 6L, farmed til lv78)

GORGE w/ VOID BATTERY drop (Additional proj/onslaught/monster dmg, playing super safe)

TEMPLE (blue)

FINAL Skill Tree
Spoiler

WITHOUT Piercing Shots

WITH Piercing Shots. If youre not satisfied with just the pierce gem, use this. But, I found the gem was just fine, and prioritizing crit multi was more lucrative.

If you have really good jewels, prioritize jewel nodes. There is leeway with this build bc you can drop jewel nodes for cast speed clusters, or dorp crit multi for an endurance charge if you need it.

Also take it upon yourself to change the build to your gear and liking. You might want more totem tankiness than ive had. But, the idea was crit and life first, then crit multi/totem life. Totem life should probably be prioritized as well, especially in high lvl maps.

LEVELING Skill Tree
Spoiler

I HIGHLY recommend dual wielding Axiom Perpetuums with a Tabula and level using spark and orb of storms for single target help. I used a tabula 6L until lv78 at merciless dried lake. It is not safe, but it helps you practice your positioning. Winds of change are great leveling gloves. Along the way, you can link Added Light, Faster Casting, Controlled Destruction, Spell Echo, Crit strikes, whatever damage or crit you feel you are lacking, just link it in your tabula as long as you can sustain it. I leveled with just faster cast til cruel.

If you level as outlined above, ALL YOU NEED ARE LIFE NODES. Here are the corresponding trees:

26 points, ele overload (great for leveling)

58 points, shadow life/crit

74 points, all life acquired, now going straight crit chance
I recommend getting the high crit CHANCE ones first, then crit MULTI

92 points, drop ele overload, all life and crit obtained, build essentially done

GEAR
Spoiler

WEAPON(S): You can get 2 wands or 2 sceptres/daggers, doesnt matter. I follow the gear guidelines of Whaitiri's arc crit build. Basically the weapon should have at LEAST 80%+ crit, 10%+ cast speed, and % spell/flat spell damage. I got my wands for 4c each, might have gotten lucky, idk idc. Also, you dont have to dual wield, getting a good shield with these stats AND life can get expensive. You will be more tanky if you drop a DPS line.

CHEST: get a highish ilvl 5L white, roll it yourself. Life and resists are priority on this. Armor/ES is preferred bc it can roll the colors needed and you have some armor and still get life. CI buidls obv get High ES vaal regalia.

HELM/GLOVES/BOOTS: Life and resists. Get dex on gloves if you need it (probably will), 20% MINIMUM movespeed on boots, 30% obviously way better.

BELT: Life > resists > strength (prioritize strength if you need it, 2 str = 1 life), 200-300+ armor if you can get it.

AMULET/RINGS: Get life and fill in what resists you need here. Otherwise focus on DPS: crit > crit multi > cast speed > spell/lightning dmg. I HIGHLY recommend call of the brotherhood, it adds safety due to freezing almost everything (including high HP rares), plus lightning dmg and mana regen can possibly allow you to drop clarity.

FLASKS: 2 instant heal, onslaught for DPS, basalt HIGHLY recommended for "oh shit" moments, quicksilver obv to move faster in this slow ass build. Pls get bleeding somewhere, it wont affect you as much as your totems, but is annoying when it happens.

GEMS
Spoiler

Spark (in order of 4L/5L/6L):
Spark + spell totem + faster casting + pierce + crit multi + faster projectiles

Power charge generation 4L:
Ball Lightning + PCoC + CoH + ass mark
Works on bosses and packs = gg

CWDT 3L:
CWDT (lv5) + Immortal call (lv7) + flame golem (lv7)

Auras 3L:
Red mana + wrath + HoI (use HoT if you dont have CotB ring)
Run clarity if your mana regen is slackin.

Mvmt:
Flame dash + faster casting

Self cast enduring cry, put it somewhere.

BANDITS
Spoiler

Life:
Oak, Alira/SP, Alira
I recommend alira in cruel just because we dont get much cast speed from the tree and it will help.

CI: (idk why you would want to go CI with this build)
SP, SP, Alira
More SP means more ES, also able to get cast speed wheel on the way to ES nodes, but sacrifice some crit/crit multi.

ASCENDANCY
Spoiler

Should be in the skill tree, but you'll want Inevitable Judgement first. Next, you can pick up either Augury of Penitence for some ele dmg and ele dmg mitigation OR Sanctify for life regen. You can do without either of them as well, but I recommend to get either one for higher lvl maps.

If I missed anything or have questions, comment or /w ingame @kavali.
Last edited by yellowisawful on Mar 25, 2016, 8:37:09 PM
Last bumped on Mar 25, 2016, 10:32:28 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info