[2.2] Scionic Thundertank - Be the Thunder God

Can you post your def stats? Can I facetank almost everything with this build easly?
hi and thx for posting this, i really like the idea.

am i overseeing something or could it be worth adding added fire or cold or whatever and get EE?

i will give this build a try on phc.

Edit... forget about the EE thing. would have been nice but (i never played sunder) after rewatching your vid i saw that the sunder aoe isnt worth it (to small).

cheers
Last edited by Muspellheimr on Mar 27, 2016, 7:16:22 PM
The only feasible way to use EE in this build is Malachai's Artifice. It would be a damage boost and you'd have to socket your flame golem or ice golem into it.

Triggering EE under normal circumstances is possible (just get "adds fire or cold to weapon") however given the massive amount of Spark projectiles that are being triggered there's no way you'd gain any significant damage by it.
How did you level this build?

im now in act4 normal with spark - pierce - faster proj + orb of storms.

its a huge pain in the butt
I'll add a part with leveling soon! Maybe later today. But I level'd using Orb of Storms + Spark.

Quick version: Orb of Storms + Increased Critical Strikes (to trigger Elemental Overload) and Spark + Faster Casting + Controlled Destruction; Spell Echo is probably better once you get it.

At 28, I highly recommend picking up:

They should be 1c (or less!) on PSC and I imagine on other leagues too since it's a labyrinth unique (they're occasionally farmable). The big deal is 60-80 spellpower and +1 gem level available at level 28! It's super overkill.

Luckily Mjolner can be equipped at 60.
Last edited by Starfires on Mar 28, 2016, 4:31:45 PM
oh wow thats a nice tip and i totaly forgot controlled destruction -.-

and did you do the lab befor CI or with it? im pretty scared. while leveling im picking all the life nodes i can get.
Hybrid is probably the worst thing possible to do the labyrinth with. You can't slam pots.

I initially level'd as life based (since low level ES gear is rather terrible). Slowly went hybrid (you have plenty of strength, it gives you a lot of life) and finally went CI at the start of mapping just to get around needing chaos resist.

If you're leveling as Scion, the normal labyrinth is not a big deal since you don't get to choose your baby-Ascendancy until cruel labyrinth. All you get for finishing normal labyrinth is a bunch of stats (up to 40) and a talent point. So I would recommend just going to it later. I bring this up because at level 42 you unlock one of the best flasks in the game (for life)...

The big deal is, say you have 2k life (which is plenty at 42!), slamming one of those is giving back roughly 1/2 of your health and you get 3 taps. And the labyrinth does damage based on %life/%es. So even with relatively low life, you can do it.

Movement speed is key for the labyrinth, as a result I actually used lightning warp + faster casting + less duration.

I would recommend doing normal/cruel labyrinth as life-based and then doing merciless labyrinth as either life-based or CI but not hybrid (makes more sense anyways, ES gear is easier at higher levels).

And one last thing, Vaal Discipline and Sulphur flask are pretty awesome for CI.

(Although, you cannot use Vaal Discipline on Izaro, but it will work for traps).
Last edited by Starfires on Mar 28, 2016, 8:29:47 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_s319NAdSo

I made this video of me doing the Labyrinth today 3/29. This isn't a speed run or anything like that, but just to show how easy the labyrinth can be with CI. Izaro does take a while, but it honestly didn't take too long.

Also, this was my trying out Discharge with Romira's Banquet. I am not yet sold on it. This is possibly because I only have max 3 charges. I could hypothetically grab more charges in the future though.

And per suggestion of a guildie I was trying out using Frostwall (and Vaal Glacial Hammer, but you can't use Vaal abilities on Izaro).
a little bit feedback:

i reached level 72 and and decided to do the lab. i specced CI at level 70 cause i was stuck at ~4k hp and had my gear waiting for me.

merc lab ~8k ES. i dont even know why i was scared in the first place. the traps were no problem at all. and the best thing is... cause of my weak single target i couldnt handle the 3 ele golems so he got them all and i could still face tank him the whole time.

you really feel like a god. fits the theme completely.

now i have to figure out have i deal with single target mobs if there are no adds.

i love this build.

sry for my bad english, i hope you get what i tried to say ;)
Last edited by Muspellheimr on Mar 31, 2016, 12:02:42 PM
Is there any weapons I could swap out the shield with? I wanna be able to use whirling blades or something to move around quick and clear maps sometimes.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info