Templar Dominator (Alternate Necro)

I've always liked the concept of Dominating Blow and so I've set out to create a toon built entirely around it.

Note: It sucks till you get to 24... feels like playing a Mara without the cool skills.

I can't copy/paste the tree with my current bowser... sooo:

Begin with Melee Damage and go to 2 handed damage. Grab Slaughter, the 3 Life nodes, and Discipline & Training. Grab the 40% Mana regen at the start of the Templar Tree.

From the Templar Life Nodes, go up to get reduced mana cost, prestigidation, and head toward Soul Siphon.

From the Templar Life Nodes, head toward Resolute Technique..... I'm currently heading that way (not there yet).

You're near several elemental resistance (all) nodes so getting them will be good for the trip into cruel.

-----------

I'm level 26 and wielding a Spiked Maul with Dominating Blow as my left click button, glacial hammer + weapon elemental damage as my right button (for bosses the ones that don't go down easily), and freezing pulse as my middle button. I have raise zombie but seldom use it.

Going to try and get Raise Spectre... dunno how long getting both it and the +1 Spectre node will take.

-----------

After using dominating blow as my primary attack for 2 levels, I can say that it is both epic and confusing. I miss a lot right now so it wastes some mana (though it's surprising how efficient reduced mana cost + soul siphon makes it if you have a little mana regen).

Typically, you'll have about 4 minions out at any time, though I have gotten to 8. The screen gets confusing because it's hard to tell what's trying to kill you. Once you get halfway done killing the mob, you can run out of the confusion and see what follows you :P

Seeing it in action is some of the best fun I've had yet :P
Last edited by Manofdusk on Feb 18, 2013, 6:15:09 AM
good idea. I found a dominating blow +11 once and I think im going to use it
Well, I played with this a little more and decided to swap out Freezing Pulse for Lightning Strike.

I attained Resolute Technique, making the build much easier.

That said, I can see some cracks in the build starting to form.

I died around 8 times in the Pyramid... it's evil. I didn't have a lot of esist-All at the time.

Vaal was impossible to solo (ended up wasting about 10 Portal Scrolls before grouping up)... he did not used to be this hard in CB.

Act 3 is evil... pure evil. I've finally gotten to the Battlefront and it feels like I can take a bit of a breather there. The sewers are fun as well.... but topside is a nightmare x.x

I still haven't figured out exactly how I could have built differently to overcome the Pyramid, Vaal, and the above ground areas of Act 3.... though Lightning Strike and Resolute Technique have definitely made my life easier.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info