2.2 Lookinf for help on optimizing summoner.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/elraito/characters

Character Zadarmo.

Currently running a CI classic-ish summoner with most of the damage coming from spectres and a 4 link SRS to help.

Atm packing 9k es but elemental resists are very shy of curse cap. When i get cursed with conductivity it is only resist that drops below 75%.

Helm with +2 minions holding zombies, corrupted sidhebreath for total of 30% minion damage, Ephemeral Edge for the ES boost, rest of gear for ES, resistances and rings house bit of stat boosts for gem levels.

I have chosen so far 2 prop jewels with minion damage and minion elemental resists and then yolo regaled them. With the node near templar its 77% (i guess 75 because of cap) resists to all. Character sheet tooltip says 318% increased minion damage atm.

Because of mana reservation issues im only running 2 auras, Discipline for myself and generosity supported hatred for srs/zombies as it seemed the most logical one at the time.

Current links:
Zombie - Minion Damage, Multistrike, Melee Physical
Spectre - Echo, Minion damage, Controlled Destruciton, Elemental Focus
SRS - Echo, Multistrike, Minion Damage
Convocation, Flesh Offering, Desecrate, Increased Duration
Vaal Summon Skellies -x x. Currently running random 2 gems to level up for other toon. Planning to substitute the 3 link with vaal haste, generosity, increased duration.

Currently the biggest problem is perandus boxes. More or less the only way to clear them so far without my army dying is to yolo inside the pack, convocate for the heal over time and then use the sorrow of the divine flask to get zealots myself and drop consecrated ground for health regen for minions. Currently the result is like playing russian roulette versus the box mob packs. If i try to stay myself ranged the minions go in and get aoe nuked to smithereens and then i have to resummon the whole army usually and it start to resemble ping pong. I feel like the biggest issue is minion tankiness for me. The damage seems to be quite decently over what i was hoping for initially when creating the charcater. With 9k es i can at least take few smaller dinky hits and run away from damage source so i dont feel my own tankiness is too big of a problem.

Im looking for advice on:
As im using cheapo cheapo gear at the moment im looking for advice on what gear/jewel slots should i be looking for upgrades first. As in where can i get the biggest boost to character total effectivness.

Should i change some links?

Are there any passive point optimizations i could do that are masivly better than my current choices?

Currently im running lower yellow maps and about 75% time solo but id like the caharcter to end up as a proper worthwhile party slot for red tier maps by end of league. By that i mean i sohuldnt be the one being carried under any circumstance. Goal was set that long due to limited playtime this season.
Last bumped on Mar 24, 2016, 8:16:51 PM
I too had massive problems with Perandus boxes until around lvl 70, but do mostly fine now.

My advice:

Fortify for Zombies
Defensive curse (temp chains or enfeeble) or better, dual curse
Try to squeeze in a third aura (Purity of Elements)
Two instant Animation flasks

You can check my profile for my build if you like. Its hybrid Life/ES and works really well
Hmm you have necro aegis with victarios shield. The charges im assuming give great dps boost and the tankiness problem of mine might be related to that. I have 8 jewels with minion resists on it and as i understand it should cap ele resistance of every minion of mine so i kinda doubt the purity of elements would solve anything. But i do have to try necro aegis out. The block chance however small might be bog part of why you have no problems with boxes after lvl 70. Losing 320 es shield as CI might be pretty brutal though. But i will try out once i get home in the evening.
It doesn't make much sense to run hatred to scale the physical damage of your minions and to use elemental spectres at the same time. If you want tankier spectres, swap to evangelists. Everyone loves to hate on evangelists but they are in my opinion the strongest spectre. If you don't like evangelists, i would swap to wrath and use revenants. you'll get much more damage out of wrath than hatred with revenants.

Gem links are always tight on a summoner but if you can free up some space for a bone offering against perandus packs you will notice a huge difference.

Also swap your SRS multistrike for melee splash unless you only use them on single targets. If they are splashing and hitting at least 2 targets, splash is more damage than multistrike.

Your skill tree looks really solid, though I believe grave intentions is a trap. I would never take it as minion chaos resistance is almost never important.
How to make currency in Path of Exile, a comprehensive guide:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27Ig9_8XjC8
"
Shmizz wrote:
Your skill tree looks really solid, though I believe grave intentions is a trap. I would never take it as minion chaos resistance is almost never important.

+ 17% Life
+ 1 Zombie
3 skill points.
>useless
If you're reading this, I'm probably on another year-long ban.
Thanks GGG.
Tried necro aegis with victarios shield. The charges are cool but i lost 2.5k es total from shield slot and it hurt like hell. Even though my block chacne is like 25ish or something the combined loss of ES buffer and the tiny block chanche made me take bunch more damage than needed.

The block chance didnt make much difference in survivability of the minions. I did get vaal haste and vaal grace. Linked with generosity it solved 99% of my issues. Vaal grace made the stuff survive and allowed me to stay at range from boxes and bosses. It feels like the secret is the spell dodge from vaal grace. The tornados, the aoe phys spell they have similar to evangelists etc all are spells and thats why vaal grace seemed to work. Vaal haste together with flesh offering made stuff die really fast.

Currently im out of chromes to recolor my ES shield for the them but will put both in definetly. Played a bit and im not even joking when i say that at the moment i feel like im going to pick up leadership node cluster for the 30% aura radius to allow better positioning. Im already pathing past it anyway so its 3 point investment that i think is worth it. The one thing i have to try is bone offering. I do have a slot for it in the chest where i currently level an extra zombie gem for corruption purposes and the spell block from it could potentially be rather useful.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info