[2.4] Axe Earthquake Berserker + Videos! 8k Life, 7 End.Charges, 360k peak EQ, 340k peak AW.

"
tasselhof wrote:
Provided you want to lower total cost of build a little bit (down to ~10 ex for example), what would you suggest - 5L Atziri Disfavour / 6L Hezmana / 6L GG Rare / Some other options (Disfavour + 6L chest, etc) ? Will the difference be notable?

Hey there! There's a section in the showcase that shows viable alternative options! :)

When starting, a 5L Hezmana's and a Belly will do fine for a long time!
But yes, you will indeed feel a huge difference in your dmg. when upgrading to Disfavour and a huge difference in HP when getting a Kaoms Heart.

This isnt a bad thing tho cuz it keeps you playing and makes you have a goal you want to archieve!
Thats how it was for me... allways had the Kaoms and the Disfavour as a goal right before my eyes and I archieved it! :)

Trying to satisfy the whole PoE community is like telling a nymphomaniac to only have sex once in a week.

I think that's fairly accurate. :')
Hi, thanks for the build!

Just a quick, and general, question on EQ: is it better to go with "increased area damage" or "increased physical damage", particularly for a jewel?
I am 90 right now, and I am not sure whether for my last 2 points I should take the 2 passives at the beginning of the tree that give a total of +28% physical damage and +16 life, or go with a jewel that gives me +20% phys (taking the strength bonus into consideration), +11% aoe damage and +11 life.

I am not sure where the aoe damage bonus is taken into consideration in the scaling formula. So in a nutshell, while running HoA and Hatred, is 11% aoe damage better than 8% physical damage?

Thanks!
You are looking at about 50 dps per point of area damage. The AD amplifies the strength of the impact (raising your total combined damage) just as stacking physical damage.

Physical damage falls a bit short of that. It's roughly about 45 dps per point (just a tiny bit less).

You are better off stacking area damage in general when you can (applies to I think every skill with AoE) as even if the values are the same (8 area dmg vs 8 physical), AD still out performs... but only by a hair.
Deliver pain exquisite
"
It's not just about my attack speed, if you take a look at my helmed I have 30% reduced Earthquake duration on it which lets me proc the aftershock alot more often! (watch one of the vids again and you will see how often the aftershock procs!)

Tbh, I also was impressed when I used the Axe for the very first time in an Atziri run and never expected it to do as well as it did. Thing baout it is: It hits really, really hard (just as hard as most Erqi's) but its alot faster + bleed is a nice addition to have.
Disfavour being BiS I dont think so but getting an Axe in Perandus that will outclass is very unlikely to happen.

I think the reason most people dont use PtL is it cuts your overall dmg in way too much elemental. The tooltip might jump up a bit but the true dmg output would suffer.
I do see PtL being really good for a Hegemony's crit version tho! (was accually thinking about doing one just to see how much better it would be...)

Too much life? One can NEVER have too much Life% imo!
I also do have a very agressive playstyle so a high lifepool really helps but to each his/her own! :P

If going for non crit with Ele.Overload I think the mace "Kongors Undying Rage" would be reeeeally go for this! Might be worth a shot! :)

Also thanks for the detailed question and thoughts!
Really appreciate it! :)

Your helmet isn't what I'm concerned about. I know the affix is a game changer for the build, but skill effect duration isn't taken into account on the tooltip and the stats it holds is my area of focus. Everyone can write 6 billion tooltip damage but that's just now how tooltips work in this game.

Your tooltip is high because of the attack speed. My focus is on your actual damage output per single melee hit and up coming aftershock. Your builds hits for between 35k-50k with all your charges and flasks up. It hits for 20k-29k with just your auras. The Erqi does considerably more damage. It's slow as molasses, but the damage coming out of a single hit is far greater. It's considerably slower, but still, it hits about 25-30% harder. In any case, the lack of speed make the build cumbersome to run. Attack speed brings a great deal of QOL of life with it.

I've reworked my tree and moved to the axe from the mace and am happy with the weapon (I'm running a dual curse variant). I don't hit as hard but the skill already does obscene damage anyway. The Erqi is too slow and has too many detriments to warrant use over the axe (reduced attack and movement speed).

I'm not sure what you mean about the PtL gem. It's a straight dps boost. It takes a portion of your physical damage, amplifies it and converts it to lightning. If you don't like running mostly elemental, that's fine, but there is no tooltip inflation going on. It's raw damage:

15k-22k damage without PtL
21k-32k damage with PtL

In fact, PtL brings more damage with it than the Added Fire Damage gem. Honestly, MS is just not suited for this build. EQ is about raw damage on impact. Why you want to tie multiple strikes that don't even generate aftershocks to your links is beyond me, but hey, play how you like to play.

Even my farming set up of EQ - IAOE - AFD - WED - MPD - LD with a tooltip of 45k and 15-22k damage, I can crush Atziri. With PtL, those values go up to 64k and 21k-31k and she melts like ice cream in the sun. Both variants attack for 2.4x at base (not including charges, blood magic, ancestral protector).

MS is useful for leeching, but even then, you're going to hit a ceiling with regards to your leech rate cap. Then there's your already insane attack speed of 5x. If the Marohi suffers from being too slow, you're build expends far too many resources on attack speed, which runs counter to how this gem works as all you're doing is amplifying the melee hits before the aftershock. I think 2x AS is more than adequate. 3x is insane. 5x is just nuts. And you can get up to 6.5x. That's so much overkill...

It's neat seeing other people's builds though, so thanks for posting it. I would have likely still been using the Erqi if it wasn't for your thread.
Deliver pain exquisite
Have any of you tried Lightning Coil instead of Kaom for this build? Wouldn't LC give you better survivability and potential 6-link slots for an expensive leap slam combo? Does kaom's 500 life really work that much better when you already have 7k+ HP ?
Yes I'm running LC. But I'm only running it because of dual curses. I'd never waste a 6-L on leap slam. It's for mobility and proc'ing fortify. Outside of that, it has no real utility in your damage output. I prefer LC to Kaom's though. The lack of slots not withstanding, LC takes the sting off the big hits were armor falls of tremendously. Since armor scales so poorly the bigger the incoming damage, I feel LC is outweighs the extra 1.3k life from Kaom's. Personal preference as both are solid choices.
Deliver pain exquisite
Nice to see the thread keeps rolling by itself thx to you guys! :)

Really like to see people helping each other out!

Also @_Tiem: You seam to be far more knowledable about melee builds than I am. Was mostly playing casters before and wanted to switch things up to not get burned out - it worked. :D

I will test some gem setups you talked about and also glad to hear my thread could help you!

About Coil, no I have not tested it cuz I'm build around the high HP on Kaoms, I would need to switch my gear up by alot to equipt LC... it's a really really good chestpiece! There's a reason why allmost everyone endgame wears it! So if you want to use it, do it! :)

Everything else has allready been answere by _Tiem better than I could! Thx for that!

Cheers, Zahkriisos! :P
Trying to satisfy the whole PoE community is like telling a nymphomaniac to only have sex once in a week.

Looks awesome bro. Question for you though. I was under the impression that multistrike wasnt good with earthquake bc if you hit again before the aftershock goes off you wont get the second aftershock.

Is this true? Or does the less duration gem make it so multistrike works?
ProbablyGettingNerfed - L100 Occultist
Vinktarded - L100 Pathfinder
GoogleDiversityHire - L100 Necromancer

3.13 was the pinnacle of PoE. IVYS+1 Gang 4 Life.
"
TheAshmaker wrote:
Looks awesome bro. Question for you though. I was under the impression that multistrike wasnt good with earthquake bc if you hit again before the aftershock goes off you wont get the second aftershock.

Is this true? Or does the less duration gem make it so multistrike works?

Instead of explaining it, I made this video for you.
As you will see there are more aftershock procs with MS than without.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h09O3PubVeg

Cheers, Zahkriisos! :)

"
You are looking at about 50 dps per point of area damage. The AD amplifies the strength of the impact (raising your total combined damage) just as stacking physical damage.

Physical damage falls a bit short of that. It's roughly about 45 dps per point (just a tiny bit less).

You are better off stacking area damage in general when you can (applies to I think every skill with AoE) as even if the values are the same (8 area dmg vs 8 physical), AD still out performs... but only by a hair.

Alright, I'll go with AD then, thanks for the clarification!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info