Divine Orb & Master Crafted Mods

I returned from a break from POE recently, and I remember when master-crafting was still relatively new, using a divine orb on a master-crafted mod could roll it into a different tier. I was wondering if this was still the case (I remember many suspected that this could be a bug back then).

Example: I add (22 to 27)% increased Critical Strike Chance onto a dagger using Vagan. If i then divine that dagger, could the crit chance then roll to 17% (the lower tier crit chance bracket that vagan can apply)? I tried searching for my answer but couldn't find any recent information on this.
Last edited by chup_ on Mar 23, 2016, 2:41:15 PM
Last bumped on Mar 25, 2018, 2:20:59 PM
BUMP< Someone please? i need this info too
ign: teutonql
"
chup_ wrote:

Example: I add (22 to 27)% increased Critical Strike Chance onto a dagger using Vagan. If i then divine that dagger, could the crit chance then roll to 17% (the lower tier crit chance bracket that vagan can apply)?

No, it can't go up or down in tier.

"
A Divine Orb will not change the tier of the affix; it will only reroll the affix within its current tier.

Source

No clue about divining master mods, never tried myself. :)
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
Just yolo'd it

none of crafted mods went to lower tier brackets

ign: teutonql
They will stay within the master crafted tier, since that is a tier in itself.
It doesn't matter if it's a master mod or a "normal" mod

"
A Divine Orb will not change the tier of the affix; it will only reroll the affix within its current tier.

Tried myself several times on different mods, mastercrafted or not

Right, it seems like this bug was fixed. I divined my dagger 3 times last night and it stayed within brackets on all crafted mods on all rolls.

Here's a thread showing how it used to be bugged: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1056490

Glad this is fixed.
my man

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info