[2.3 HC/SC] DW Rive ST Gladiator

The theme of this build is simple

The build uses 2

to greatly enhance the damage of your bleeds, alongside with the Gladiator chosen tree, double dipping and 7 frenzy charges it allow you to create extremely powerful bleeds that scale very well into high tier maps.

I only did up to tier 10 maps in HC since i died to not paying attention, but i'm confident the build can clear fast higher tiers than that.

Your damage comes from 3 components, the ST dmg, the bleed, and the explosion damage from Gratuitous Violence.

Tree - https://goo.gl/VN13Dw

Gear

Spoiler

Everything is pretty cheap to get this build going, the only requirement that is relatively expensive is Vulnerability on hit gloves, they are required if you wanna clear fast in plus tier 5 maps. The amulet is a personal preference, it allows you to not use faster proj, and also gives you power charge generation. For HC i recommend getting rare gloves with as much life as possible with that specific corruption, for SC you can run Facebreakers for the multi, or Malis.

Belly is a good option for HC.

Your mana reservation is Grace + AA, this gives you 10-15 k armor depending on gear,with AA and 6% less damage taken from bleeding enemies you do very well against physical damage and do not need ToH or LC, i've done plenty of crit/crit multi maps against high physical dmg opponents and was just fine.

For your ST i used ST+GMP+PPAD+Pierce (yeah we already have 100% pierce, but pierce gives 29% more projectile damage). For a 5th link i went for Critical Strikes gem, you can use w/e you want, as a 6 link i would probably slot that out and use Slower+Faster Proj.

Hitting 500 dex should be your goal, that gives you 200% increased bleed damage from the two claws.

Pros

Spoiler

*Can do all map mods (ofc you will skip those that are too hard, but the build can theoretically do them

*Cheap

*Fun to blow up the entire screen

*Counters the much hated Porcupines, you blow up all the targets that are bleeding, so no corpse is left behind

*You can use Whirling Blades

Cons

Spoiler

Damage is low if the target is not moving/is not surrounded by enemies you can blow up, i use a 4l Dual Strike to deal with these mobs, but certain bosses are not melee friendly with 5k hp, so i have to slowly kill them from range

Tree for Blood Rage no Victario's Acuity version - https://goo.gl/2zURm3

Tree for Lightning Coil no IR version with Acrobatics (should net you 15-20k Evasion depending on how good your EV gear is) - https://goo.gl/fccC8o

Tree for Block version (28 block/spellblock, 36/36 with the Gladiator proc up,66/75 with Rumi's + Gladiator proc, theoretically you can corrupt 3-6% block on each Rive, achievable since weapon is so cheap, that puts you at 40/40 block permanently) - https://goo.gl/5AiVwc

Last edited by AusterlitZ on Jun 14, 2016, 5:07:48 AM
Last bumped on Oct 12, 2016, 5:05:59 PM
hey did you end up remaking or are you done with this build?
how are you able too keep up all charges constantly with only 10% on kill ?

i play a reave ranger and the 10% frenzy on kill isnt enough for me to keep all 7 charges up constantly, especially for bosses
I will probably remake the build in 2.3, Gladiator should get buffed then as well.

For the frenzy charge question, WB allows you to zoom across the map, so charges are up most of the time, as for bosses, most of them melt very fast.
Why ST? Isn't it bad for bleed since it hits often instead of once very hard?
I reckon it is still strong enough and it is more about how big the aoe is?

How should I ever be able to play this game, when I have to reroll every week because there are so many cool builds. Loved Rive since I first saw them and your build looks great!
IGN: Scordalia_
Last edited by Caliginosus on Apr 7, 2016, 9:18:49 PM
Which bandits? Also - how did you level with this build?
Yeah also wondering about leveling and bandits.
And good unique weapons to level with for this build?
"
MrNeskOne wrote:
Yeah also wondering about leveling and bandits.
And good unique weapons to level with for this build?

I'm actually doing this build as we speak, love it so far!
As for bandits i'm taking normal oak, not sure wich one i should take on cruel yet, but both oak with the 16 phys dam or kraitlyn with 8% attack speed are good choices and kraitlyn on merciless for the +1 frenzy charge.

The blood reaper uniq 2H axe is a good lvling uniq (lvl 45) or you could just use any 2H weapon with spectral throw untill you get to lvl 70.

To OP hope its ok im answering questions in your topic :)

rgds
Last edited by Jurge on Apr 8, 2016, 6:55:55 AM
"
Why ST? Isn't it bad for bleed since it hits often instead of once very hard?

It's the best clear speed skill i could think off that uses Rive, Reave would work i guess as well. You could use skills that bleed much harder, but your clear speed will probably be lower. Ideally this build would work with a bow skill, but since we don't have super reliable way of bleeding with bows i went with this claw. ST is definitively not ideal, but it's the best i could think of.

"
Which bandits? Also - how did you level with this build?

Oak, Oak, frenzy charge

I leveled as ST all the way, used Hatred until i switched to the claw. Just use w/e best weapon you have.

For people wanting to try this, feel free to experiment with other skills, i died before i could refine the build to that point.
Last edited by AusterlitZ on Apr 8, 2016, 12:03:11 PM
"
AusterlitZ wrote:
It's the best clear speed skill i could think off that uses Rive, Reave would work i guess as well. You could use skills that bleed much harder, but your clear speed will probably be lower. Ideally this build would work with a bow skill, but since we don't have super reliable way of bleeding with bows i went with this claw. ST is definitively not ideal, but it's the best i could think of.

All right, thanks. Makes sense, you could focus way more on the bleed, but for what use if the clearspeed is the best with ST. Gotta give the build a go once I've got more time to play.

So you abandoned the build, or will you reroll it again?
IGN: Scordalia_

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info