[2.2][PHC] Ele Crit ST Raider; Looking for help

Dear Path Community,

since this is my furthest I've ever been, I'd like to be prepared for t11+ maps.

As of right now I have 3 issues I'm unsure about.

* Should I respec more towards the scion tree or do I grab "Arcing Blows" and "Forces of Master" instead.
Current tree
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIBAABeAdEDHgUtBiAGogceCC4NjQ5ID6sRLxGWEvEWvxcmF9wZihmOH0Ej0yP2JIsk_SaVKgsrCi5TMHEwfDY9OkI-z0HQQzFHfklRSn1LeEz_TZJOKlFHVUtVhVb6WHVaGluvXfJh4mKsZU1noGuQbIxtbG8ncFJ0oHTtdct313qEeu99dYTFhNmHdonTivCMC4w2jX2Nfo2_lS6XBppqm42btZ2qo4qly6_rsKu5fLvjvTa95r6nwzPDOsSCxKLNmNCt02_TftQj2sHdqOOf51TpRupi7LDtg-4O73rw1fzF_rr_3g==?accountName=Llyn&characterName=GeraldineAleesia

Scion tree
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIAAQBeAdEDHgUtBiAGogguDY0PqxEvFr8X3BmKGY4fQSPTI_YkiyT9JpUqCysKLlMwcTB8Nj031DpCPs9DMUd-Sn1LV0t4TP9Nkk4qUUdVS1WFVvpYdVoaW69d8l-wYeJirGVNZ6BsjG1sbydvnnBSdKB07XXLdwd313rvfXWDCYTFhxOHdonTjAuMNo19jX6Nv5cGmmqbjZu1nKSdqqOKpcuv67l8u-O9Nr3mvqfA48MzwzrEospKzZjTb9N-1CPawd2o45_nVOpi7LDtP-2D7g7vevGz_MX-uv_e

* How do I deal with reflect? Currently when I crit, I drop to 50%HP and counteract it by anticipating and pre-flasking it. So I toyed with the idea of going VP, but Bloodrage is hurting me bad in return and Vuln maps will be doubly so.

* How to gear up. I got very lucky with a 6l belly and have imo decent gear otherwise as well, but are there any glaring mistakes I'm not seeing?

My character: GeraldineAleesia

Thank you for your attention.
Last edited by Llyn on Mar 23, 2016, 3:20:24 AM
Last bumped on Mar 25, 2016, 4:11:13 AM
"
Llyn wrote:
Dear Path Community,
* Should I respec more towards the scion tree or do I grab "Arcing Blows" and "Forces of Master" instead.

* How do I deal with reflect? Currently when I crit, I drop to 50%HP and counteract it by anticipating and pre-flasking it. So I toyed with the idea of going VP, but Bloodrage is hurting me bad in return and Vuln maps will be doubly so.

* How to gear up. I got very lucky with a 6l belly and have imo decent gear otherwise as well, but are there any glaring mistakes I'm not seeing?

1. Not sure, you have only like 15 points left i think its pretty hard to start now to route into scion.

2. Grab Vaal Pact and the last leech node at Duelist. Thats gonna be fine for normal reflect mobs. If you wanna do reflect as a map mod, you need to swap out 1 gem for life leech. There is no other way. The 4% of Bloodrage will hurt, but you have pots and the instant leech.

3. Crit multi on your amulet is missing. Thats the only slot where you can get it (besides Maligaros gloves). If i do a crit build in HC, i allways take Malis; they are cheap and the boost they provide just outperforms the 80 Life by a far far margin.
Welcome to the greatest of arenas, Duelist. God is watching you.

Last edited by Astarte911 on Mar 23, 2016, 6:44:47 AM
"
1. Not sure, you have only like 15 points left i think its pretty hard to start now to route into scion.

It's not entirely a new route, I'd just drop the life cluster north of shadow and spec into Hired Killer cluster, Harrier and True Strike within my next 2 level ups, which is reasonable in my opinion.

But for the moment, I'll settle with VP and the jewel socket.

"
2. Grab Vaal Pact and the last leech node at Duelist. Thats gonna be fine for normal reflect mobs. If you wanna do reflect as a map mod, you need to swap out 1 gem for life leech. There is no other way. The 4% of Bloodrage will hurt, but you have pots and the instant leech.

I never intended to do ele reflect maps, but it is reassuring that VP will solve my reflect problem.

"
3. Crit multi on your amulet is missing. Thats the only slot where you can get it (besides Maligaros gloves). If i do a crit build in HC, i allways take Malis; they are cheap and the boost they provide just outperforms the 80 Life by a far far margin.

Yeah my amulet would be my highest DPS boost, I'll be on the lookout for those.

I disagree with your choice of Maligaro's. If I wanted a crit boost by giving up survivability, I'd wear a Rat's Nest instead.
"
Llyn wrote:

Yeah my amulet would be my highest DPS boost, I'll be on the lookout for those.

No, your biggest DPS boost would be the removal of BM in your mainskill and the addition of Charisma. You can add anything there. PCoC, Inc CC, Inc CM..

"
Llyn wrote:

I disagree with your choice of Maligaro's. If I wanted a crit boost by giving up survivability, I'd wear a Rat's Nest instead.

Up to you of course. Rats got 10% more Ias and 25% more crit. Mali got 36% CM. Helm slots, if you compare it with gloves, have a lot less affixes and are easier to roll. They also provide more life and its the 3rd best slot for defence.

"
No, your biggest DPS boost would be the removal of BM in your mainskill and the addition of Charisma. You can add anything there. PCoC, Inc CC, Inc CM..

Replacing BM is indeed a nice dmg boost and very doable by going Duelist mana leech. However I am very spam heavy with ST, so I rather have BM instead of a dmg gem.

"
Up to you of course. Rats got 10% more Ias and 25% more crit. Mali got 36% CM. Helm slots, if you compare it with gloves, have a lot less affixes and are easier to roll. They also provide more life and its the 3rd best slot for defence

You make good point. I'll remember that and try to gear up accordingly. Maybe I'm just a bit greedy, when I try to get rats nest and dmg gloves.

I'm pretty torn on this subject, since you brought it up.
I just did some tier 10+ maps and I still can't decide between VP and no VP.

Vulnerability maps are very annoying and I mostly do them without Bloodrage, furthermore some mazelike maps like mines and equivalent are very frustrating to run. I resorted to juggle my BR a bit.

If I could generate frenzy charges through any other way, I'd do it, but I don't see how.
"
Llyn wrote:
I just did some tier 10+ maps and I still can't decide between VP and no VP.

Vulnerability maps are very annoying and I mostly do them without Bloodrage, furthermore some mazelike maps like mines and equivalent are very frustrating to run. I resorted to juggle my BR a bit.

If I could generate frenzy charges through any other way, I'd do it, but I don't see how.

Remove your aura's from your weapon and keep Bloodrage in your shield. If you want to remove the Bloodrage degen, just hit "x" (or wherever you got you weaponswitch assigned. Note: you need something equiped in your secondary slot). It will turn off the buff; just cast it again if you meet the next pack. It's okay, especially, since they removed the cast time from Bloodrage.

Else there are only Blood Dance available and some Ascendancy nodes that grants you Frenzy charges.

Last edited by Astarte911 on Mar 25, 2016, 4:11:34 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info