Here's an idea for the new Currency Tabs: Add Perandus Coin to Currency Tabs (25K capacity)

As the title states, please add Perandus Coin to the Currency Tabs with a capacity of 25K since they are obtainable by the dozens unlike other currency types.

Perandus Coin is used in trade as a medium of exchange like every other currency, therefore, they are just as much a type of currency.

Furthermore, just because Cadiro and his Perandus Chests spread throughout Wraeclast is exclusive only to the Perandus League for now does not change the fact Perandus Coin is a type of currency, and does not mean the concept of Cadiro and his Perandus Chests spread throughout Wraeclast will not be incorporated into every new league going forward like with other league-only concepts: Rogue Exiles (Anarchy), Tormented Spirits (Torment) and Shrines (Domination), just to name a few.

P.S. For those who have not been around long as I have, read up on PoE's League History http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/League regarding league-only concepts from the past that were incorporated into every new league that are here to stay, that which supports my argument saying the same will likely apply to the concept of Cadiro and Perandus Chests, except with lower spawn rates like with Shrines that orignated from the Domination League.

Thank you.
HeavyMetalGear
When game developers ignore the criticism that would improve their game, the game fails.
Just because a game receives a great amount of praise vs. only a small amount of criticism
does not mean to call it a day and make a foolish misplaced assumption that it is perfect.
(me)
Last edited by HeavyMetalGear on Apr 8, 2016, 1:32:14 AM
Last bumped on Apr 8, 2016, 2:10:52 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Yep.

Also, Eternals are missing (not that I have one).
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
"
Char1983 wrote:
Yep.

Also, Eternals are missing (not that I have one).

Eternal Orbs no longer exist drop.

Source: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Eternal_Orb "2.0.0 - Eternal Orbs no longer drop in any league."
When game developers ignore the criticism that would improve their game, the game fails.
Just because a game receives a great amount of praise vs. only a small amount of criticism
does not mean to call it a day and make a foolish misplaced assumption that it is perfect.
(me)
Last edited by HeavyMetalGear on Mar 22, 2016, 11:15:46 PM
They no longer drop, but they still exist.

Besides, these tabs are great, but feel so mandatory that it becomes harder and harder to think of this game as free-to-play. Yes, I know, whining, but its what it feels like to me.

Just call it a "free extensive demo" because that is what it is.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
"
Char1983 wrote:
They no longer drop, but they still exist.

Besides, these tabs are great, but feel so mandatory that it becomes harder and harder to think of this game as free-to-play. Yes, I know, whining, but its what it feels like to me.

Just call it a "free extensive demo" because that is what it is.

I still do not think discontinued currency types like Eternal Orbs should be added to the new Currency Tabs for reason being not enough players have ever saw one to begin with so as to cause a Stash space issue, that and if GGG were to add a discontinued currency type to the Currency Tabs, it would mislead the general playerbase into think they still drop when they do not.

Furthermore, PoE is Free to Play to anyone 'by choice', that which ends up inadvertently garnering support, anyway, due to the fact GGG is not 'forcing' monthly payments to play. That is what I call a modest business strategy, which is more than I can say for most game developers.
(me)
Last edited by HeavyMetalGear on Mar 22, 2016, 11:28:58 PM
Coins aren't currency and will likely be pointless after this league.

Eternals shouldn't be added because they are no longer a part of the core game, if they were in the tab it would indicate that they still dropped, which they do not.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
goetzjam wrote:

Eternals shouldn't be added because they are no longer a part of the core game, if they were in the tab it would indicate that they still dropped, which they do not.

It's got an exchange rate on poe.trade. Currency confirmed, even if it's league specific.
"
goetzjam wrote:

To the first part of what you said, I disagree, because there has been an obvious pattern where the content in old leagues get transferred over to new leagues. That being said, the worse thing more likely to happen with Perandus Coin is GGG making it no longer tradable, but even then, Perandus Coin would still be considered a currency type, except used for Cadiro only.

To the second part of what you said, that is exactly what I said in my other comment. Of course.
(me)
Last edited by HeavyMetalGear on Mar 23, 2016, 12:19:39 AM
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Here's a response: no. Perandus coins do not meet the game's definition of 'currency', in that they have no function beyond trading to a randomly spawning NPC in a temporary league.

I'm almost surprised and genuinely sad how many people are asking for this, as though GGG didn't very deliberately leave them out. Come on, guys. Isn't it obvious? GGG don't see Perandus Coins as true currency items and neither should you.

Wrong.

IF GGG did not consider Perandus Coin a currency, the developers would have applied the same game code for non-tradable quest items to Perandus Coin, too. The fact that GGG deliberately allowed Perandus Coin to be traded between players proves it is a type of currency as well that is used for the sake of acquiring something else in return.

That is the definition of currency and its use.

Furthermore, depending on how you look at it, anything tradable, including but not limited to Armours, Weapons, etc. can be considered currency just as much as actual currency so as to acquire what you need/want for something else in return, and is that not the point of currency? Is that not the point of trading? Is Perandus Coin not being used as a medium of exchange?
(me)
Last edited by HeavyMetalGear on Mar 23, 2016, 12:36:39 AM
Coins are currency:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1595088

"
Interested in a Bargain?

Anyone lucky enough to uncover one of the lost caches will discover something remarkable: fistfuls of glittering coins, currency of the Eternal Empire. Time has not diminished Cadiro's lust for gold, he will eagerly exchange one of his wares for a price. Cadiro's offerings span nearly everything an exile desires. For enough coins, he may even sell you a map to his family's legacy, the Perandus Mansion.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info