[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice EleRaider - Viable for Everything

"
Laskinaama wrote:
Why not 4 or 5 curses?
Im thinking about using windscream and adding flammability to 6L chest armour.
Seems foolish to waste such a good dps boost. And you would not lose too much int since perandus signet would give 2%. Also it has ele dmg and resi so all you really would lose is 10-15% run speed and small amout of ES while gaining significant dps boost.
It could also be a manual cast for only those bosses who have big life pools and no reflect. Then the sixth link in chest armour could be blind to add some survivability.

Windscream has been buffed in 2.6, and I haven't re-considered it yet. Maybe it's worth trying now. Zero Int would be a loss. I just tried it with my 3% legacy Perandus vs my great 54 Int 200 ES boots, and that lost me 43 Int (hmm) and 1.5k ES (ouch). With the 2% Perandus it will be a bigger loss.

But the bigger question is what you get? 4th curse, Flammability or EW. It's not needed for clearing because trash in any tier already dies super fast. But the bosses mitigate curses, so the effect of it would be not quite the same. Also, the effect of Flammability/EW would not be multiplicative, it would just add to the resist penetration that the build already has.

If you have a 6L chest, Enhance is great. Swapping Enhance and 1.5k ES for slightly higher DPS - I dunno if that's a good idea. DPS is not really lacking here.

Of course, there is a further possibility: if we use Flammability then we can replace Fire Pen with a good DPS gem and thus increase DPS and leech significantly. Then again, bosses mitigate curses, but they can't mitigate Fire Pen.

So, it's an idea that you can try and tell us how that works in the endgame. I don't really feel like experimenting in these final months before the whole game may change radically in 3.0.

"
Laskinaama wrote:
Also a little tip to anyone whos playing this build. I have noticed that corrupting one of your rings with "3-6% damage taken gained as mana" is pretty nice if you manage to run out of mana in "no regen" map.

It used to be a good idea before 2.5, if your budget was high enough to buy a few dozen of 10 Int Doedre's and corrupt them, but you don't run out of mana in any maps anymore with SR-CwC, unless you play really badly and spam Icestorm on empty spaces for no reason. You can see me doing Chimera with No Regen in the demo video. If you aren't used to the build yet and this is an issue, simply use a lv 1 SR gem. It costs 4 mana per cast, and the DPS from SR is not really important.

"
How's Elemental equilibrium VS Avatar of Fire? Now that the build contains intrinsically fire/ice and orb of storms as lightning. EE could potentially provide -75% to all mobs resistence.

Icestorm produces 10 fire hits per second per storm. Everything would instantly become 25% more resistant to fire.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Mar 27, 2017, 6:59:12 PM
"
Kelvynn wrote:

"
Laskinaama wrote:
Also a little tip to anyone whos playing this build. I have noticed that corrupting one of your rings with "3-6% damage taken gained as mana" is pretty nice if you manage to run out of mana in "no regen" map.

It used to be a good idea before 2.5, if your budget was high enough to buy a few dozen of 10 Int Doedre's and corrupt them, but you don't run out of mana in any maps anymore with SR-CwC, unless you play really badly and spam Icestorm on empty spaces for no reason. You can see me doing Chimera with No Regen in the demo video. If you aren't used to the build yet and this is an issue, simply use a lv 1 SR gem. It costs 4 mana per cast, and the DPS from SR is not really important.

LVL1 SR? Blasphemy! All dps is important! XD
Anyway its still a good idea imo. Atleast for me its worth that 15c i paid for it since my play style is often one eye on tv one eye on poe. So i pretty often find myself out of mana when running to next pack in no regen map. This corruption ensures that im not left defenceless in middle of that pack.

I tried that flammability on same cwdt that IC is in but ES loss was bigger than i expected so i switched back. uber izaro and T15 bosses seemed to melt faster with flammability but like you said its not really needed and testing its power is way too much work for a slacker like me :)

Last edited by Laskinaama on Mar 28, 2017, 12:58:23 AM
https://youtu.be/RSitqmbqSI8

Items and gems still work in progress ^^
Last edited by Tankus on Mar 29, 2017, 5:35:06 AM
Hello!
What do u think about Juggernaut (Ascendant passive)? It gives stun immunity
(assuming we have all charges) and we can skip Unwavering Stance. That saves about 12 points. How we can spend them in that case?
"
VasyaZ wrote:
Hello!
What do u think about Juggernaut (Ascendant passive)? It gives stun immunity
(assuming we have all charges) and we can skip Unwavering Stance. That saves about 12 points. How we can spend them in that case?

Juggernaut was discussed and even tested about 10 pages back. It does not save you 12 points because there is almost nothing better to spend those points on. And dropping Raider loses the clear speed. The end result is viable but there is no reason to play it: it's inferior to the Witch and Marauder versions in everything.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Mar 29, 2017, 12:23:07 PM
Shoutouts to Kelvynn and this amazing build.

Just did my first uber lab ever--full key run and facetanked Argus and Izaro at level 79, no less.

Saving up for a month was well worth the investment! Thanks for sharing the build, it's definitely become my favourite.
Hi.First of all thanks for the build,it worked out really well for me.I have a question in mind.Would you mind equipping Doryani's Invitation instead of Auxium as a cheaper option?And I didn't understand why we are equipping Auxium.I'd be happy to know the reason.
"
ChrisAdler wrote:
Hi.First of all thanks for the build,it worked out really well for me.I have a question in mind.Would you mind equipping Doryani's Invitation instead of Auxium as a cheaper option?And I didn't understand why we are equipping Auxium.I'd be happy to know the reason.

Auxium is just one of the options when you can't afford to make a good Int Crystal belt yet. It has a very high ES and gives you very nice protections against freeze/chill (it shortens their duration, and if the duration is lower than 300 ms then chill/freeze is not applied at all).

You can use Doryani's as well (fire or cold are both fine; fire gives a little more leech).

But eventually you should get an Int Crystal belt.
Last edited by Kelvynn on May 3, 2017, 5:50:01 PM
Hello,

I really love this build, i like the idea that it depends on a skill of an item, that it's tanky and ask you to go in the heart of the battle to be efficient. This build was what i was looking for, it's absolutly perfect for me.
But, i must admit i struggled to lvl up to 39, i hated lightining tendrils, i was almost unable to kill quickly rares with the Elemental resist mod, died several times to "god knows what". But i like this build, i want to be able to play that in a new league on HC.
So, there is my question, what did i do wrong while leveling ? My lightning tendrils where doing little damages, i was really squishy, it was slow and became a real drudgery (at least that's what google translated)during the last 5 levels.
How can i improve my leveling if i had to play this build as a league starter, especially in HC (i have nothing against farming the card set to get the staff, so i'm mentally prepared)?

Also, since this build rely on the staff to exist, is it worth it to look for the perfect one ? To vaal it ? If yes, to get what ?

Anyway, thanks for your build, and the time you took to wright this guide.
"
MetalHurlant wrote:
Hello,

I really love this build, i like the idea that it depends on a skill of an item, that it's tanky and ask you to go in the heart of the battle to be efficient. This build was what i was looking for, it's absolutly perfect for me.
But, i must admit i struggled to lvl up to 39, i hated lightining tendrils, i was almost unable to kill quickly rares with the Elemental resist mod, died several times to "god knows what". But i like this build, i want to be able to play that in a new league on HC.
So, there is my question, what did i do wrong while leveling ? My lightning tendrils where doing little damages, i was really squishy, it was slow and became a real drudgery (at least that's what google translated)during the last 5 levels.
How can i improve my leveling if i had to play this build as a league starter, especially in HC (i have nothing against farming the card set to get the staff, so i'm mentally prepared)?

Also, since this build rely on the staff to exist, is it worth it to look for the perfect one ? To vaal it ? If yes, to get what ?

Anyway, thanks for your build, and the time you took to wright this guide.

I think they did something to Lightning Tendrils in some recent patches, I don't remember what. I haven't leveled a Scion in quite a while, but I hear that LT sucks now. Use something else. For my recent Witch I used Frostbolt until lv 12 and then Firestorm. Frostbolt is a great early game skill, you launch the projectile and run behind it, it's very OP for those levels. And after the AoE changes Firestorm is very good from lv 12 on. It's not available to Scion, but even in HC you can just make a Witch first, run straight to Cavern of Wrath with Frostbolt and get Firestorm as quest reward. Skip the lightning damage cluster.

As for the staff, 18% isn't hard to find, but if in HC it's harder then 16-17% is OK too. For leveling any % WI will do, as long as it has some sockets. Don't vaal it, 18% block is already the best mod you can have on it.
Last edited by Kelvynn on May 5, 2017, 5:42:07 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info