[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice EleRaider - Viable for Everything

Very interesting idea, going for triple curse. I'm trying it atm.

You may also want to try the Windscream boots. They also give +1 curse, and +15% all res. Whilst they lower your ES by the same amount as swapping the Perandus ring for Daming, they do not lower your INT. Thus keeping ur damage the same (actually a bit higher even due to the +10% ele damage on the boots.) You do lose a bit of movespeed though, but I don't feel like that is a huge problem with all these Quicksilver flasks.

Quad Curse with Flammability incoming ;-)

/EDIT:

Tried triple curse with both Damning, and Windscream. I very much prefer Windscream in my setup. Better Damage, and better mana management due to extra regen from Perandus. The triple curse setup is definately an upgrade in survivability! 11.4k ES, and close to 12k damage at lvl 92. This is definately a keeper.

Also tried quad curse with Flammability....this is fun :-)
With Quad Curse I still have 10.6k ES, and over 10k damage.
Here's my quad curse setup:

So technically we could even do 5 curses, also using Ele Weakness, but this would probably gimp us too much. Perandus is just such a good ring for this build.
Last edited by Fritso on Apr 12, 2016, 9:55:49 AM
This build looks amazing, dude. Always wanted to try CI but was put off by how technical and unfun to level it seemed. Starting a new char tonight.
"
Fritso wrote:
I very much prefer Windscream in my setup.

Agreed. I tried this variant, too, and I feel like Windscream option is a lot better than Doedre's. Having 2x Perandus is too good, especially when you are going for 2 uniques in the head and feet slots.
I did try Windscream, but didn't like it because the movement speed looked too slow and I was thinking about Uber. Can't have enough flasks for that fight, and dodging her stuff without speed can be very problematic.

Also, it won't work with Black Sun Crest cause there is no way to get enough resists on just gloves and body armor.

But I didn't give it much time because with my current gear it was much easier to go with Doedre's and there was nothing good for sale at a reasonable price to change my gear to accomodate that version.

I'll try Windscream some more.

Dunno about quad-curse. The problem with it is if you just CWDT all curses they will fire too randomly. You take a hit, and the source of the attack gets Flammed and keeps hitting you, while CWDT has a cooldown - that's not very helpful, is it? Using CWDT Ball Lightning CoH makes sure that everything around you (and even some stuff off screen) gets Enfeebled and Temp Chained at the same time.
just started leveling this char for WI & so far loving it. question have u considered using the heretic veil for a tri curse set up w/ windscream? it would free up a socket blasphemy for something else. thanks for the guide its been very helpful.
"FMR it's another day in paradise" IGN NEEDBLOOD
"
coonass wrote:
just started leveling this char for WI & so far loving it. question have u considered using the heretic veil for a tri curse set up w/ windscream? it would free up a socket blasphemy for something else. thanks for the guide its been very helpful.

Yes, I have (see the first pages of the thread). There is no way to accomodate the mana even for two curse auras, let alone three. Also, Blasphemy without quality is not as good. Curse efficiency rocks, especially against bosses.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Apr 12, 2016, 1:55:53 PM
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
coonass wrote:

Yes, I have (see the first pages of the thread). There is no way to accomodate the mana even for two curse auras, let alone three. Also, Blasphemy without quality is not as good. Curse efficiency rocks, especially against bosses.

sry for the repeat on questions. i haven't read thru the entire thread to see if the heretic was mentioned. just came across ur build had a very good write up & ran w/ it w/o reading. i see ur point on the as far as using the heretic vs a good rare helm. thxs
"FMR it's another day in paradise" IGN NEEDBLOOD
"
Kelvynn wrote:
I did try Windscream, but didn't like it because the movement speed looked too slow and I was thinking about Uber. Can't have enough flasks for that fight, and dodging her stuff without speed can be very problematic.

Also, it won't work with Black Sun Crest cause there is no way to get enough resists on just gloves and body armor.

But I didn't give it much time because with my current gear it was much easier to go with Doedre's and there was nothing good for sale at a reasonable price to change my gear to accomodate that version.

I'll try Windscream some more.

Dunno about quad-curse. The problem with it is if you just CWDT all curses they will fire too randomly. You take a hit, and the source of the attack gets Flammed and keeps hitting you, while CWDT has a cooldown - that's not very helpful, is it? Using CWDT Ball Lightning CoH makes sure that everything around you (and even some stuff off screen) gets Enfeebled and Temp Chained at the same time.

Thing is, I'm not a fan of using the Black Sun Crest because it has too many downsides. You just lose out on too much ES and Resists. Also, using a Perandus ring instead of Black Sun Crest gives a bigger boost to INT (I'm using 6 unique items incl. the Windscream, so that 18%). To each their own I guess. But you are right, it's not possible to cap resists using both Windscream and Black Sun Crest.

As far as quad curse goes, I may play around with it just for fun. But I will mainly stick with the triple curse. That feels like the sweet spot for this build.
Have you considered Raider ascendancy? 10% chance to gain frenzy charges ( enough to keep it up almost 100% of the time ) + onslaught while on full frenzy charges. Basically free 32% cast speed and 12% more damage, also 25% to dodge status ailments which is probably crap but still something.
Just curious, how much int do the Perandus rings add?
IGN- Vyvanne | Voxxvi (Tempest League)
Vyvanne's Odds and Bods Boutique - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1311497

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info