My solution for Labyrinth - Abandon runs with difficult traps

I play ARPGs because I like the challenge of taking on tough bosses and large spawns. I'm not a Super Mario player and I never will be. I don't have the reflexes or the temperament for that kind of game.

If traps look doable throughout a Labyrinth run, then I continue. I abandon runs in which I reach a point where the combination of traps looks deadly. The key stopping points for me are if I reach a point where I have to carefully time the traps to continue or when I can't see a clearly safe route through the point in the mini-map that I've reached. If I'm deep into a run then I'll see if I can't back up and find a safe way through from another direction. Otherwise, I bail and try again another day.

When I get my Ascendancy points on a character, then my visits to Labyrinth will be done for that character. For me, enchants aren't worth the bother of running Labyrinth more than I have to run it.

I think it was an unfortunate decision to gate highly enticing game rewards behind the kind of mini-game experience that will turn off a large proportion of players. I wouldn't mind at all if an alternate, more battle-heavy route to getting Ascendancy points was worked out (ie: more Izaro fights, whatever).
Now that prestige classes will finally leave lab in 4.0, will GGG get it right this time or will they find new ways to repeat old mistakes?
Last bumped on Mar 21, 2016, 7:01:32 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
I play ARPGs because I like the challenge of taking on tough bosses and large spawns. I'm not a Super Mario player and I never will be. I don't have the reflexes or the temperament for that kind of game.

If traps look doable throughout a Labyrinth run, then I continue. I abandon runs in which I reach a point where the combination of traps looks deadly. The key stopping points for me are if I reach a point where I have to carefully time the traps to continue or when I can't see a clearly safe route through the point in the mini-map that I've reached. If I'm deep into a run then I'll see if I can't back up and find a safe way through from another direction. Otherwise, I bail and try again another day.

When I get my Ascendancy points on a character, then my visits to Labyrinth will be done for that character. For me, enchants aren't worth the bother of running Labyrinth more than I have to run it.

I think it was an unfortunate decision to gate highly enticing game rewards behind the kind of mini-game experience that will turn off a large proportion of players. I wouldn't mind at all if an alternate, more battle-heavy route to getting Ascendancy points was worked out (ie: more Izaro fights, whatever).

Right.
PoE may another game conception, GGG pls don't make another clone of one old game

(so many keyboards I broke in this game)
Last edited by Protanos on Mar 21, 2016, 7:02:16 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info