Which support gems are good for Righteous fire?

I'd like to try and make a decent Righteous fire build, so at the moment I'm looking into support gems for it.

When I was playing with different gems I found out that RF's spell icon doesn't show that it is supported by Iron Will or Fire Penetration(took them out and put them back in a few times just to make sure). Do those gems really not support RF? Things like "Increased Burning Damage" and "Controlled Destruction" pooped up on the spell icon as expected, so I've no idea what's the logic behind some supports not working with the spell. Or is this just a visual bug and RF is actually being supported with Fire Pen & Iron Will?
Last bumped on Apr 6, 2018, 9:23:30 PM
Elemental, fire, burning and DoT work. Spell damage does not.
So Elemental focus and Inc.burning damage will work. If RF is on a totem then Rapid Decay will also work. Controlled Destruction and Iron Will give spell damage so they will not work.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
silumit wrote:
If RF is on a totem then Rapid Decay will also work.

So if it RF is on a totem it will work with Rapid Decay, but not when RF is on you??

And which support gems are left after all of this? Can you even get a 6link RF? I can only think of Focus, Burning dmg, Inc AoE, Conc Effect. Are there any others that acually support it?
Last edited by ivkoto77777 on Mar 21, 2016, 4:19:19 AM
Item rarity and Item quantity.
Also yes, Rapid decay only works on totem RF because totems have "duration" tag which is somehow applied to RF used by totem. That's very strange logic but it works this way.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
silumit wrote:
Item rarity and Item quantity.
Also yes, Rapid decay only works on totem RF because totems have "duration" tag which is somehow applied to RF used by totem. That's very strange logic but it works this way.

So is there even a point in going for a build that uses RF as its AoE? Can such a build achieve decent damage for mid-high level maps?
Idk about high maps but DPS is totally fine for mid ones(if we are talking about RF as source of damage, not as spelldmg buff).
edit: although its clearspeed is of course lower than of archers/CoCers.
Last edited by silumit on Mar 21, 2016, 6:29:18 AM
people clear shaper with RF all the time, to do more damage you just need more life, most builds dont bother 6l with RF
It is actually an advantage. you can use your chest links for something else or you can use Kaom's with a shield. people use essence crafted helm/gloves as a "5th link"
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
"
people clear shaper with RF all the time

When the last post in this thread was made, the Shaper didn't exist.

Seriously, how did you manage to dig this thread up, and what made you desire to post in this one in particular?
Last edited by Abdiel_Kavash on Apr 6, 2018, 9:23:52 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info