[3.0] COLD CHAMPION SIEGE BALLISTA GUIDE - DPS... plenty - Meme Ballistas - Video(s) Inside

"
royyabang16 wrote:
"
SuperDementio wrote:
What do you think of using the perfect form new armour?

Well for me, it's a very good choice of armor in this build since it will give you free phase acrobatics and of course free arctic armour which greatly helps against physical damage and other fire damages.
I always want to pick phase acrobatics in the tree but 4 nodes away from acrobatics is wasting since life is more reliable, so this is a very good choice of armor.
It's your choice, if you can sustain your -cold resist and dex requirement it's ok.

I think Perfect Form is best in slot for this build. Don't forget it gives % increased Dexterity (up to 10%) which can quickly surpass a high dexterity armour.
Looks fun, gonna try this.
I think I'm going to try this build in 2.6. Have you thought about Elementalist? I came up with a tree for it, dumped the stats to excel, and compared them. Let me know what you think of the elementalist's potential. On paper it appears to have more damage potential.

Tree
Spoiler
http://poeplanner.com/AAUAAP0jKwB834pUrn3SIvRsC5MnUzVQQow2idNwUlVLYeImlRa_D6ttbDY9napsjGKspctVheywjAu5fCSLwzoZipcGxKK74_66fXXTfiSdYlqNv9QjUUfnVCT9_9431O0_Ps-95jB8fys51KCfMfp29-967g78xQ2Nh3bjn0p9VvpbryF2hs7BM04qTP9DMY1-6mLawXTtBS1678MzWhqbtYTF2L01krXybqpKyP6PbRkI9MBUakNN4yP2TZKNfSpNPyd1y76nt7ZuadX4ZU29NmSEBqD5vX1brEdRTMpKX7AbyM_d8YpvnoMJvoqhL9QH3I1resi_RlL8TJD6320AAAAAAA==

The high level summary of differences from the Elementalist perspective:
+About 100% more elemental damage total
+Easy status ailments and spreading them
+60% Accuracy/Crit Chance
+2 Golems
-No Fortify
-20 Dex on tree
-40% Evasion
-20% Maximum Life
-70% Life from flask Recovery
-8% Run speed
-10% Res All

Elementalist
Spoiler

+50 Mana
+25% Mana Regen
+140% Increased Elemental Damage
6% status ailments
2 Golems
Golem immunity to elemental dmg
Spread Status ailments
Status ailments all the time
+4% Attack Speed
+60% Crit Chance - from golem
+60% Accuracy - from golem
+40% Cold/Elect dmg - from golems

Champion
Spoiler

+20 Dex
+40% Evasion
Intimidation
40% increased Damage when not on Low Life
+20% Maximum life
+10% Res all
20% increased Physical Damage
Fortify
8% run speed
+35% Increased Damage
70% increased Life Recovery from Flasks

What do people think about the Champion Siege Ballista build in 2.6? Drillneck was nerfed by 50%, are there positives or new uniques that would make this build stronger? Think it would be a good league starter?
"
Ravenous0001 wrote:
What do people think about the Champion Siege Ballista build in 2.6? Drillneck was nerfed by 50%, are there positives or new uniques that would make this build stronger? Think it would be a good league starter?

you doing fork build? no cos Ballista cant fork, then Drillneck is still BiS.
how good is this build for starters? ballista always been solid T2 build and fairly cheap.
Followed your build up until the evasion thingy. I'll go for iron reflexes and take the crit/life in the middle just because i like incomming damage to be more reliable. Might use Arctic armor as well.
Will be updating this thread for 3.0.

Check out my stream for my latest variant
twitch.tv/wabachaw
Nice, please remind me to add it to the Buildlist again (or update it there).

█▀▀▌ █▌█▀▀▀ █▀▀▌█▄░▌
█▀▀█ █▌▀▀▀█ █░░▌█▀▌▌
█▄▄▌ █▌█▄▄█ █▄▄▌█░█▌

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info