2.2 Ascendancy HC Perandus - 154k DPS Ice Crash Tank

Do you like marauder style gameplay? Do you like leaping in a group of mob and one shotting the whole group? This build is for you.

This build is expansive but you can start with a low budget and still be viable.

Pros/Cons:
Spoiler

Pros:
-Really fast clearing speed
-Fun to play
-Very solid so perfect for HC

Cons:
-Can't do reflect maps
-No spell block

Budget:
Spoiler

It requires 20-30c worth of currency to be able to start doing maps. Currency that you can find while getting there. But to have the amount of DPS and defense that this scion has, you will require 10-20ex depending on luck while 6-linking.

Offense:
Spoiler

This build rely on a very strong but slow attack (Ice crash) to one shot pretty much everything except bosses that might take 3-6 hits instead

Tooltip is 154k dps with lion's roar flask + full charges + herald of ash + blood rage
114k removing the flask
59k removing blood rage and the charges
49k without herald of ash

Defense:
Spoiler

Having only 18% block and no spell block and being melee might be a problem.
Against physical damage, this build is enough strong with 6.8k+ life, basalt flask, fortify, 7k armor and enfeeble blasphemy aura.

Against spells and chaos, and elemental reflect mob. This build require careful gameplay.

Gear choice tree and links:
Spoiler

Please Inspect my character Sarinalia level 90 HC Perendus league(EDIT:MY CHAR RIPPED A FEW HOURS AFTER WRITING THIS GUIDE :) CHECK FOR SARINALIA STANDARD) for gear choice links and tree.http://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/KaptNCrounch

Blood rage grants the life leech that you would not have otherwise, also grants attack speed and an additional way to generate frenzy charges.

I chose Juggernaut for immunity to chill and stun on full endurance charges.

Lacking attack speed. I picked Raider to be permanently buffed with onslaught during map clearing.

This build uses Hegemony's era for the dps and power charge generation. Kaom gives the life required because this build has only max resist and life for elemental damage.

I recommend using all rares for the rest of the gear to have the most life possible. Also this build requires elemental weapon damage, critical chance and critical multiplier, attack speed, accuracy. So try getting good rares that benefits you in those areas.

Lion's roar is really important and cost only 2 chaos. It buffs armor and dps but also helps you generate charges with knockback effect.

Intuitive leap is just a luxury.

Leveling:
Spoiler

Leveling to act 3:
You can choose molten strike or frost blade with last resort for the very early beginning.
Lightning strike is a good option when reaching the end of act 1 to continue to act 3. You can buy very strong two hand weapons for a single alch at this point
Resists don't matter that much because you already picked a lot of resists from the tree.

Act 3 normal:
You can finally start using ice crash. link it with melee physical damage weapon elemental damage and faster attack. Buy cheap gear as needed during progression. Try to have 1200+ life for Malachai.

Cruel: Buy a 1c two hander that you can use through the whole difficulty, at this point it is really easy.

Merciless: Buy upgrades for maybe 15-20c budget to have some armor, 3000 to 3500 life. and a decent weapon.

Maps: You made it, time to upgrade weapon again and buy a cheap 5link body armour. Use blasphemy assassin's mark to generate charges. Once you save 2ex buy Hegemony'era. Now you can drop assassin's mark for using enfeeble instead. Save another 2ex for a bad base cheap 6link body armor. At this point you will want to link your Hegemony. For this you buy another , 5link it resell, buy another, 5-link it resell repeat. You will do this until you have a 6-link.

Or you can pick the no RNG option and save 10ex+ to buy a made 6link.

Once you have your 6link Hegemony. You can think about buying Kaom for 4ex. But this is not mandatory.

Considering you resell stuff that you don't use anymore. This build will cost you 10ex to 20ex depending on luck 6-linking your Hegemony.

In conclusion I hope my english was not too bad. Unfortunately I can't upload a video because it takes forever. Thanks for reading this build and if you play it I hope you enjoy it like I do.

Last edited by KaptNCrounch on Mar 20, 2016, 7:50:19 PM
Last bumped on Mar 23, 2016, 11:34:08 AM
RIP to crit mod on a map with powerful crit huge rare skeleton in Necropolis.

Still recommend this build, was fun !
Could you link the tree and the gear in the op? If the tree of your char changes (free tree respec) or you remove some of the gear/gems from the char the build will become unintelligible.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info