Quick fix for the labyrinth: Orb of Enchantment

"It makes no difference if theyre just one tier above". You literally have no idea what youre talking about at all, completely. Please just stop lmao.

The difference between ilvl 66 enchants and ilvl 75 enchants are pretty much double in alot of cases. Double isnt significant ? Lmao, get out of here.

Youre just embarrassing yourself at this point, really.

12 labyrinth runs under 6 minutes per.

1 Labyrinth run under 6 minutes.

3 Labyrinth runs under 6 minutes.

Do you know how much i can sell these for ? Multiple, multiple exalts. Do you know how long it takes to make multiple exalts ? Significantly longer than running the labyrinth a handful of times. If were speaking Chaos recipes at 75 chaos per exalts, most piece of gear being decent with the proper build enchant are generally upwards of 3 exalts, youre looking at 225 chaos orbs or 112 unided chaos recipes or 225 normal chaos recipes, which will take you much, much longer to do than labyrinth runs using your own piece of gear.

You dont know what youre talking about, period. Just stop lmao.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
Last edited by Tin_Foil_Hat on Mar 20, 2016, 1:35:37 PM
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
"It makes no difference if theyre just one tier above". You literally have no idea what youre talking about at all, completely. Please just stop lmao.

Adding "lmao" to the end of every single attack you make certainly makes you seem like the serious and intelligent one...

Again, it makes no difference. Sure, they're BETTER, but the mechanics of getting them will remain exactly the same. It's like Atziri vs. Uber Atziri. Just because Uber has more valuable items doesn't magically alter the nature of the encounter on its own; it's harder in its own right.

"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
Do you know how much i can sell these for ? Multiple, multiple exalts.

Naw, I don't think a single one of those is worth an exalt. Last I checked, I could buy the same Atziri's step for a little under an exalt, the helmet has a crappy life roll, and the gloves are borderline vendor food.

"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
Do you know how long it takes to make multiple exalts ?

About 30-60 seconds to rush Dried Lake and kill Voll for a Brittle Emperor card. Or 1 second to kill a mob in Normal Ledge and for a Mirror of Kalandra to drop.

Again, you're confusing RNG luck with actual consistent results.

Also, I doubt you've actually made a 5-minute run, ever. Given that Izaro spends a combined 1-2 minutes ALONE just riding that elevator up and down into each arena...
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
Last edited by ACGIFT on Mar 20, 2016, 1:40:27 PM
"
ACGIFT wrote:
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:

Adding "lmao" to the end of every single attack you make certainly makes you seem like the serious and intelligent one...

Again, it makes no difference. Sure, they're BETTER, but the mechanics of getting them will remain exactly the same. It's like Atziri vs. Uber Atziri. Just because Uber has more valuable items doesn't magically alter the nature of the encounter on its own; it's harder in its own right.

"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
Do you know how much i can sell these for ? Multiple, multiple exalts. Do you know how long it takes to make multiple exalts ?

About 30-60 seconds to rush Dried Lake and kill Voll for a Brittle Emperor card. Or 1 second to kill a mob in Normal Ledge and for a Mirror of Kalandra to drop.

Again, you're confusing RNG luck with actual consistent results.

Also, I doubt you've actually made a 5-minute run, ever. Given that Izaro spends a combined 1-2 minutes ALONE just riding that elevator up and down into each arena...
LMAO dude just literally compared normal Atziri drops to Uber.

Im done, the sad part is you arent even joking with these comparisons and the fact that you dont even understand the value difference between normal and uber is also funny. Things off normal atziri sell for a chaos, things off uber sell for exalts which only further proves my argument with your comparison.

The fact that you dont even understand the power difference between normal atziri drops and uber atziri drops proves your lack of game knowledge.

Im done arguing here, feel free to think that you "won" if it makes you feel better, im not going to waste my time with someone making completely absurd comparisons while ignoring facts.

Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
Last edited by Tin_Foil_Hat on Mar 20, 2016, 1:44:43 PM
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
LMAO dude just literally compared normal Atziri drops to Uber.

I made an analogy of Uber vs. Normal as to different tiers of Labyrinth. I CONTRASTED them, not compared.

But sure, go ahead, and insert your catchphrase of "lmao" and make an entirely inaccurate statement because you had nothing intelligent to add.

"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
Im done, the sad part is you arent even joking with these comparisons and the fact that you dont even understand the value difference between normal and uber is also funny. Things off normal atziri sell for a chaos, things off uber sell for exalts which only further proves my argument with your comparison.

So you're saying that iLvl 75 enchanted gear will sell for the exact same as iLvl 66-enchanted gear?

"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
Im done arguing here, feel free to think that you "won" if it makes you feel better, im not going to waste my time with someone making completely absurd comparisons while ignoring facts.

Whatever makes you feel better about not understanding the game, bud.
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
"
ACGIFT wrote:
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
Theres a huge difference between storing enchants and selling an enchanted piece of gear, lmao.

Explain the "huge" difference, "lmao."

You didn't think it through.
Uh i already did, maybe you should read before being all "hur dur your argument is invalid".

Sorry, but I agree with him. I don't see what the big difference is between selling enchanted items vs. selling orbs that will randomly enchant.

And also, it seems to me that he was aware that Uber Atziri drops are a lot more valuable, as would Greater Orb of Enchantment. Maybe the problem is with the idea that 9 Lessers should equal one Greater?

I think the Orbs might make enchanting a little too easy (or maybe this would be a good thing?), so maybe this would need to be considered as well, but the base idea seems fairly sound. But I think GGG wants us to have to run the lab to get them.

-VG-
Invited to Beta 2012-03-18 / Supporter since 2012-04-08
Last edited by VideoGeemer on Mar 20, 2016, 3:35:50 PM
"
Char1983 wrote:
It depends on whether the orb of enchantment would show what its enchantment would be or whether it doesn't. It does alter the situation in either case, but if it shows what its enchantment is, I am strongly opposed to this. Otherwise I think it is kind of okay.

You can, btw, also just pay someone to enchant your gear, but it requires you to trust that person.

It would work exactly as in the end of the lab. It rolls a random enchantment.
"
Willemoesium wrote:
The idea is very simple. When you finish the labyrinth, you dont get to enchant a gear piece, but instead you gain an orb of enchantment. This orb will have the ability to enchant an item, exactly as the skull thing does at the end of the labyrinth. This will enable players who don't like the lab, to buy these orbs, and the players who like to run the lab, to sell them, if they don't need them for their own gear.
Before: if you don't run the lab you can't enchant yourself, but if you trade you can buy enchanted items off players who do

After: if you don't run the lab you can't enchant yourself, but if you trade you can buy enchanting items off players who do

In all honesty, the only impact of this suggestion would be that it makes lab-running (and flipping off lab-runners) better. Instead of storing a 2x2 item to sell, you store ten of those items in a 1x1. Instead of lab-runners taking the risk of RNG, you push it onto the end-user of currency.

Do I think PoE needs even more trade-centric advantage? Noop.

So no to this suggestion.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Mar 20, 2016, 1:59:08 PM
"
VideoGeemer wrote:
Maybe the problem is with the idea that 9 Lessers should equal one Greater?
-VGz-

Having the ability to convert the orbs, was just to make sure that the ones from normal and cruel would not pile up and feel worthless. Ofcause people who are able to run merciless lab, would do that.
"
VideoGeemer wrote:
Maybe the problem is with the idea that 9 Lessers should equal one Greater?

I think the Orbs might make enchanting a little too easy (or maybe this would be a good thing?), so maybe this would need to be considered as well, but the base idea seems fairly sound. But I think GGG wants us to have to run the lab to get them.

Yeah, I mostly only was addressing how not dissimilar the two systems would be. Naturally, I think that a 3:1 uptrade might be weird.

Granted, for speed-runners, Merciless lab (or 75 lab) would likely still be the target, given that the time spent traveling through the labyrinth (spamming leapslam, etc) still accounts for the biggest chunk of time. But that'd be hard to predict, to be honest.
"
Willemoesium wrote:
"
Char1983 wrote:
It depends on whether the orb of enchantment would show what its enchantment would be or whether it doesn't. It does alter the situation in either case, but if it shows what its enchantment is, I am strongly opposed to this. Otherwise I think it is kind of okay.

You can, btw, also just pay someone to enchant your gear, but it requires you to trust that person.

It would work exactly as in the end of the lab. It rolls a random enchantment.

Well there are a few issues with those. The Orb would be random, so you do not know what you get. It might be one of the best enchants or a random terrible one. So those Orbs would have value because, similar to Vaal Orbs there are a few very good results. Manual running the labyrinth though creates in almost every case crap. Because you have to own the item that has to be enchanted. If someone wants a certain enchant on his rats nest, he can buy the orb and use it. To get the same result the Orb acquirer would have to run the lab and actually own a rats nest, if he doesn't he can't get the same outcome. So if someone owning a pair of Skyforth wants a certain enchant he is likely out of luck, unless he does the lab himself. Because most people running the lab won't have skyforth themself to put an enchant on it. With the Orb however it would be trivial for him to enchant his boots, since the Orb is likely a lot cheaper than a pair of Skyforth with the Enchant he wants.

Also the labyrinth is already way too rewarding. Opening 4 or 5 treasure chests gives you a lot of loot (exspecially if you manage to get the currency chest) and the ability to turn the labyrinth into Nemesis or other league specific areas is another big benefit. You can also turn normal talismans into rare ones etc. So the labyrinth is a great place to earn currency already and it is incredible easy for what you get. Giving out those Orbs which likely have a fair demand would just be too much.

Maybe you coul allow it if you have to use the Enchant from the fond on an exalt orb to get the Orb of Enchantment, this would make them a bit rarer, since otherwise a single player can create hundreds of those pair day, which would be way too much considering their power.
Last edited by Emphasy on Mar 20, 2016, 2:11:41 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info