[2.2X] Triple Incinerate Fire Trap Tank [HC/Aziri viable]

[2.2X] Triple Incinerate Fire Trap Tank [HC/Aziri viable]

Wow, another PoE Ascendancy Totem Hierophant, what a suprprise! So why do I write a guide for this one? Cause it is super easy and fun to play, ultra tanky and awesomely cheap to start.

Breakdown:

- 6.6k Life, 600 Regeneration/s, 5k Armor w/o Flask, horribly overcapped on resistances
- Triple Incinerate Totem + Fire Trap for mobile DPS (no Ancestral Bond)
- Leap Slam + Fortify for moving, hell you're looking fancy then
- Blasphemy - Elemental Weaknes + Arctic Armor
- Abyssal Cry for no reason but Explosions and dat Sound tho, Baby!

Passive Tree:

- No Ancestral Bond? Hell no! We've got Hierophant subclass! Why is AB still in this game?
- No Elemental Overload? I don't trust my Firetrap to crit efficiently, being linked to controlled Destruction

Gem Setup:

Body Armor: Spell Totem - Incinerate - Elemental Focus - Controlled Destruction - Faster Projectiles - Iron Will / Fire Penetration / Empower
Helmet: Fire Trap - Concentrated Effect - Controlled Destruction - Empower (+ Pseudo Fire Penetration from Hierophant Subclass)
Shield: Leap Slam - Faster Attacks - Fortify
Weapon: Up to you: Stone Golem - Cast When Damage Taken - Arctic Breath or Stone Golem - Vaal Ice Nova - Cold to Fire
Gloves: Blasphemy - Elemental Weakness / Flammability - Arctic Armor - Abyssal Cry (could swap for any other but AC imho is so much fun)
Boots: Cast When Damage Taken (l.9) - Immortal Call - Molten Shell - Increased Duration

Elemental Focus and yet using Celestial Punishment? Yes, cause Status Ailements are generated by Fire Traps, not by the Totems. You could go ahead and link Increased AOE + Burning Damage, but it feels fine as is.
Why Iron Will? Cause we manage to get around 300 Str. on this Build

Gear:
Spoiler

Helmet: Geofri's Crest, nothing else! + 1 Level of Gems in combination with Empower can give you a level 25 Fire Trap in a Pseudo 5-Link
Body Armor: Armor Base Type, High Life Roll, Additional Armor and Resistances. Try to get Chaos Resistance. Ideally 6-Link it. I got mine by farming and trading "The Celestial Justicar" Divination Cards, then colored it by crafting -% Attribute Requirements before to easily get 4 Off-Colors. Then just spam Chaos Orbs and praise RNGesus!
Weapon: Doryani's Catalyst Seems to be a solid choice here, but any Scepter / Wand with Fire/Ele Damage might do the trick
Shield: High Armor Base, Life, Resistances
Gloves and Boots: Life, Dex, Resistances
Rings / Amulets: Life, Resistances, Dex, Fire Damage, Spell Damage, Cast Speed

Jewels: Rain of Splinters of course and 3x 7% Increased Max Life + 15%+ Increased Totem Damage + Stats like Strength and Dex

Yes, you're gonne need some dex in order to level Fire Trap, Faster Projectiles, Faster Attacks and Arctic Armor all the way to lvl 21. From Passives we're getting exaclty 10!

Aziri Kill:
You'll have a super easy time if you're experienced: If not, here are some Tips:
- First Boss: Easy, nothing to do here
- Second Boss: Switch Ele Weakness with Enfeeble if things are getting Tricky
- Aziri: Turn off Blashphemy and use Purity of Fire instead. Get a Rise of The Phoenix shield to even Facetank her Flaeblasts. Depending on your how overcapped your Resistances are, you can even sustain her reflecting selfcasted Ele Weakness / Flammability curses.

Videos:
Random T8 Map, Super sloppy Playstyle
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyjsV2OrvH8
more to come soon!
Last bumped on Jun 12, 2016, 3:45:03 AM
How do you get the 3 totems? I cant see haha
He gets from ascendancy.
Thanks for the build (and the time taken to present it to us)
It's fun and efficient. (i'm only level 68 but it's the fiste time i kill Dominus in merciless at this level and so easily ; it's the first time i kill Izaro in cruel ^^)
I keep AB for the fourth totem and the nodes in the totem radius : why did u not take the AB ? More life and safety ?

Assayan

(sorry for my english)
Last edited by A55ayan on Jun 12, 2016, 3:45:55 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info