[2.2 - Occultist] Lowlife Cold ST CoC "Kamehameha Throw"

Gorge Run Video:

General Overview:
Spoiler
This is a pretty standard CoC build, and as such it isn't very party friendly. I wanted to go lowlife for maximum auras and to help give my spells some extra "umph". As you may have guessed, yes this is indeed a Standard build, but it could be potentially viable in temporary leagues (given you would have to be exorbitantly wealthy :P), and could even be done in Hardcore as long as you play it safe, and have some knowledge of advanced game mechanics. Overall I'm very satisfied, I have done several deathless T15 maps, you just have to play a bit more carefully and take it a bit slower, and Bosses without adds take a bit longer to kill, as the single target isn't nearly as great as the AoE potential damage. Outside of that the clear speed is amazing, and I feel very tanky all the time. The "Kamehameha Throw" in the title is simply because, with all 3 spell procing like crazy, it looks like Son Goku letting one rip across the screen to me personally. So without further ado, let's get to the meat and potatoes.

Ascendancy Options:
Spoiler
My first choice would be the Occultist, the notables I would go for here would be Forbidden Power, Profane Bloom, and Malediction. This takes care of power charge generation, lets us dual curse, and gives a bit more AoE and chaos damage thus more leech. This build can be done as a Shadow as well, with the Trickster ascendancy, the notables I would pick up would be Walk the Aether, Ghost Dance, and Shade Form, the tree would pretty much be the same as well with the exception of taking the nodes near the top of Witch to dual curse (Assassin's Mark, and Warlord's Mark).

Bandits:
Spoiler
Kill all in Normal, help Kraityn in Cruel, and Help Alira In Merciless

Passive Tree:

ST Offence (Crit Chance w/ 7 Charges):
Spoiler

Defence w/o Endurance Charges:
Spoiler

Gear:
Spoiler

Getting Strength on your Belt and Amulet are a must (maybe even a Ring as well), as we don't get too much through the tree.

Flasks:

Jewels:

Near the Life/ES nodes Southeast of the Witch starting location.

This is what you should aim for with the other 2 slots.

Enchantments:
As you can see, my enchantments suck, this is pretty much because I have limited time to do lab runs, and they are far harder for Lowlife builds due to how the traps deal damage/no life flask options, So I'm building a life based character to do runs with, that aside, for Gloves I would aim for Decree of Winter or something similar, for Boots, Stun Avoidance, Spell Dodge, or Attack Speed would be ideal. For Helmet, just try to get one that gives increased damage to one of your spells.

Gem Links:
Spoiler

Chest: Spectral Throw(lvl1-10), Greater Multiple Projectiles, Cast on Crit, Freezing Pulse, Arctic Breath, and Ice Spear.

Helmet: Herald of Ice, Curse on Hit, Elemental Weakness, and Warlord's Mark.

Gloves: Cast When Damage Taken(lvl8), Immortal Call(lvl10), Summon Ice Golem(lvl10), and Increased Duration(lvl20)

Boots: Discipline, Purity of Fire, Purity of Lightning, and Whirling Blades(lvl1).

Dagger: Vaal Discipline, Blood Magic, and Arctic Armour.

Shield: Haste, Grace, and Anger.

How to Deal with Reflect:
Spoiler
Simply pop your Atziri Flask, Rumi's, and Sapphire to essentially become reflect immune, for added safety, you can use Vaal Disciple right before unloading, also if the rare happens to get cursed with Warlord's Mark, you are just that much safer.

Map Mods this Build Can't Handle:
Spoiler
There are only really 3 mods that are 100% undoable for this build that I know of right now, they are Elemental Reflect (Naturally), Blood Magic, and No regen, other than that they are all doable, maybe a bit frustrating (Curse/Status Ailment Immunity, Temp Chains etc) but possible.

Closing Thoughts:
Spoiler
In general, I find myself having a ton of fun with this build, freezing mobs, causing explosions, being extremely tanky, joining a group and having people shout things like "God damn ALL the auras :DDD". No build is perfect per say, so, if you have a lot of experience with this kind of build, have any recommendations, or see some glaring tree optimizations that need to be made, don't hesitate to let me know! Stay safe out there Exiles!
People of the gutters, steel your bellies, for the slaughter is at hand!

Last edited by XSyntheticX on Mar 20, 2016, 8:33:38 PM
Last bumped on Apr 14, 2016, 2:08:02 AM
CoC gmp is the most p2w ever do u know, if u don't have good computer u're fucked :(
"
CoC gmp is the most p2w ever do u know, if u don't have good computer u're fucked :(

Yeah that is the main drawback for sure, hopefully when this optimization patch finally hits everyone's quality of life will improve :)

Nice build! Can you provide a brief description on where to go in the passive tree as you level up? And when you did switch to low-life?

In addition, have you tried cold snap for the build?
Hiya, i'm trying your build. I'm leveling a trickster, how will I be obtaining power charges without occultist?
"
buckwildg wrote:
Nice build! Can you provide a brief description on where to go in the passive tree as you level up? And when you did switch to low-life?

In addition, have you tried cold snap for the build?

I haven't tried cold snap yet, but I think it could work, I'll try to set aside some time to write up a leveling portion as well, but as far as swapping to low life, I made the change when I got all of the aura and ES nodes pretty much.

"
Vangoule wrote:
Hiya, i'm trying your build. I'm leveling a trickster, how will I be obtaining power charges without occultist?

Grab the Curse nodes near the top left of the Witch area (for +1 Curse) and use assassins mark instead of elemental weakness.

Here's the shadow tree I was using:

Last edited by XSyntheticX on Mar 24, 2016, 9:41:43 PM
Hi, what are the single target options?

Swap ST for Barrage or another skill?
"
JobiEl_Pfiff wrote:
Hi, what are the single target options?

Swap ST for Barrage or another skill?

Probably Cyclone, this option is even better with Trickster.

Still planning on adding more to the guide, such as a leveling portion, just haven't had much time the past few days, RL sucks sometimes :P

just started this, a leveling guide would be ace!
Hi,

Just wanted to give you what I did with your build.

I just came back from Shatterchuck CoC 1.2, and trying to make do with what I have.

However, I am using wand and Barrage to proc coc. I think it is stronger for single target.

Also I went for more defensive with ascension with Wicked Ward and Vile Bastion. (went with single curse warlord for endurance charges)

My gear are as follows:

Used Arc instead of Ice Spear as it shocks target for 50% more dmg during 20% Shock. Arc Also AoE clears pretty well.

Self Buffed No Charges No Blood Rage

FP: 11640 damage per use
AB: 6999
Arc: 6202

With 8 Charges + 3 Frenzy + Blood Rage

FP: 18232.12
AB: 10752.91
Arc: 9652.18

Not Final Tree: @lvl 92. (changed new tree updated. 1 more jewel slot 1 more power charge)

Still Playing around
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMBAAMeBUINfA3REQ8RLxFQFX4WQBa_Fy8ZihpIGo8bJR0UHU8dqh9BIG4ksCaVJ6kqCyo4KwosnC0fL281uUGWRnFJUUmxS65Ms1AwUEJTNVVLVdZca1yKXfJfal-wYENh4mJaY0Nk52aebRluPW-ecFJwu3cHe9d_xoCkgwmESITFhX2HE4nTjDaPRo_6knSTJ5UglwaboZu1nKShL6KjpyusmK6ztAy7_L6AvorBxcHzwzrDbcSixvfKSsrT0B_Q0ND118_ZE9lb217fit-Y4YjjhOkC6rrsGO-I7-vw1fQo9tr31_k3-tL7Cf5J?accountName=Neyeah&characterName=Neyeah

Used: http://latexbruderschaft.wyldside.de/?page_id=368 All Count as 1 Projectile (No More Shotgun)

http://imgur.com/NpEAanc

Barrage 3 Proj + GMP 5 + Volley Fire Jewel (2 at beginning 2 at end) = 12 Projectile Total

2.99 Attack per second

= 745k DPS

However, vs boss, prolly only count 8 projectile as LMP effect from Volley Fire prolly dont hit ?

= 497k DPS Boss Fight

Cheers~
Last edited by Neyeah on Apr 11, 2016, 8:19:40 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info