GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

Can you guys please make suggestions? I feel like my dps is low

Spoiler
"
realizeyes wrote:
Can you guys please make suggestions? I feel like my dps is low

Spoiler

I'm guessing you're in league? If so, you usually make do with what you can find when you're starting. If you're in standard or have enough to spend, I would recommend instead of asking for pointers you check the builds of players who post here. Many of them share them openly and many more keep our characters open so anyone can take a look. For one, yous staff is a four link, which is a waste, since it can be a six link. Then, you can get a bow with better modifiers and also add a quiver with even more of what you may need. You're not wearing an Allelopathy. I would also recommend a Devouring Diadem, and if you get rich, an Aul's Uprising with malevolence modifier. There's plenty to upgrade.
Last edited by Jedijax on Sep 13, 2019, 11:48:45 PM
Anyone tried this with t16 blight maps and encounters? I'm not enjoying playing a summoner and rather go back to playing a build I like but I'm not sure if it can handle it.
"
M0rdin_Solus wrote:
Anyone tried this with t16 blight maps and encounters? I'm not enjoying playing a summoner and rather go back to playing a build I like but I'm not sure if it can handle it.

I've tried t14-t15 Blight encounters with no problem, so I'm sure it can handle t16, too.

Blighted maps are a lot more problematic for me, though I'm not sure how much that has to do with the build; I think I'm just not that great at the fast-paced multitasking and rapid attention-shifting required for tower defense this frenetic.

The build is overall still very strong, and Contagion works really well at quickly deleting blighted monsters because they're always very close together. I would honestly expect a good summoner build to be stronger in blighted maps than almost any self-cast build, though, given the importance of stalling enemies coming at you from many directions.

can someone tell me what to focus on getting next , i feel like struggling in t14/t15 did fine till t13 maybe change helmet? or any gear improvements? thanks in advance (budget is around 2-3 exalted at the moment )
"
vanyar31 wrote:

can someone tell me what to focus on getting next , i feel like struggling in t14/t15 did fine till t13 maybe change helmet? or any gear improvements? thanks in advance (budget is around 2-3 exalted at the moment )

Helmet with higher ES would be a good start for survivability. I'd save for the crafted 6L bow though. Around 6ex but it gives you such a big boost in damage and the faster casting makes mapping so much smoother.
Last edited by bakaneko16 on Sep 30, 2019, 12:17:13 AM
I'm having fun with this build but I end up never using ED because it feels so clunky compared to Bane. Unless you're facing a very large mob it's not worth it to me to launch contagion and then ED. And since the projectile is so slow, it forces me to stand still with bosses and I don't like that.
Am I the only one that feels that way?
Hi,

I am new to the game and ED. The author mentioned about using the Devouring Diadem helmet need some change in the tree. I try to understand what should I change if I have Diadem. Could any one please explain what should I do to get the most out of Diadem? I read elsewhere that mention about removing MOM, but dont understand why. Many thanks.
"
Tuan173 wrote:
Hi,

I am new to the game and ED. The author mentioned about using the Devouring Diadem helmet need some change in the tree. I try to understand what should I change if I have Diadem. Could any one please explain what should I do to get the most out of Diadem? I read elsewhere that mention about removing MOM, but dont understand why. Many thanks.

Take a look at my character, Xyric.
Currently @ Level 78. It turned out to be a very tanky build with 4700 life, 4300 ES & 18300 evasion. These figures will go up as I level up

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info