GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

"
your Cast When Damage Taken gem is way too high a level. I keep mine at level 6 and the highest I've seen on others is level 8

I just started playing POE mid-December, and this is the very first build I've ran, so needless to say there's been a lot of lessons learned through trial and error. I'm no novice to ARPGs, and definitely not to online games in general, so I've acclimated to some things seamlessly, but POE has been excitingly complicated to say the least.

Little things like not leveling Arcane Surge too high, same with CWDT, or where Frenzy Charges come from, were answered in this thread and I am so very grateful for those players who take the time to answer these questions for the rest of us. I've learned so much just reading this thread and seeing questions posed by other players that I myself have.

I can't wait to start next season knowing what I know now.

/cheers
Currently lvl 91, have been able to do maps up to T16 (no attempt on sharper yet) but i have been having a heck of a time doing Red tier elder (t15 Basilica spawn). I feel like i dont do enough dmg even with wither totem stacking debuff on it. I used your build as a guide but have taken some liberties of my own in the gear/passive tree. Advise/suggestions?
My current goal is finding a new helm with an ED dmg enchant

How you like that chest piece sexy eyy? tried to get max roll on 'damage taken as mana' affix to match CoD, close enough

Passive Tree

Damage tool tip with flasks & frenzy/power charges

Also i am at
Life: 4,395/4,395
Mana: 2,802/4,312
Is that a decent amount, I was shooting for around half of my life for unreserved mana. I was thinking of unspecing a couple mana passive nodes for more life and see how that feels.
Howdy! I noticed in your build video you say you shouldn't play in a group more than 2? I was just wondering why this is?
"
Nonstopas wrote:

My current inv. I hit Mercless and now my resistances are not stacked anymore. Should i go for all the cheaper uniques like gloves and boots and the shield that is required during this build?

I would do that yes, but make sure you get those resistances sorted, they are crucial.

"
GreasyGinzo wrote:
Why is Walk the Aether used here instead of say Ghost Dance? This build has a ton of mana and cast speed doesn’t seem all that important since its basically curse, fire 1 projectile move.

The build is mainly designed from the core to be a fast leaguestarter, Walk the Aether simply enhances your clear speed :)

"
Namrezy wrote:
"
your Cast When Damage Taken gem is way too high a level. I keep mine at level 6 and the highest I've seen on others is level 8

I just started playing POE mid-December, and this is the very first build I've ran, so needless to say there's been a lot of lessons learned through trial and error. I'm no novice to ARPGs, and definitely not to online games in general, so I've acclimated to some things seamlessly, but POE has been excitingly complicated to say the least.

Little things like not leveling Arcane Surge too high, same with CWDT, or where Frenzy Charges come from, were answered in this thread and I am so very grateful for those players who take the time to answer these questions for the rest of us. I've learned so much just reading this thread and seeing questions posed by other players that I myself have.

I can't wait to start next season knowing what I know now.

/cheers

This, literally this.
This is why I'm doing what I'm doing with my stream, youtube & forum threads.

Thank you for taking the time to post this <3

"
ThroatLotion wrote:
Currently lvl 91, have been able to do maps up to T16 (no attempt on sharper yet) but i have been having a heck of a time doing Red tier elder (t15 Basilica spawn). I feel like i dont do enough dmg even with wither totem stacking debuff on it. I used your build as a guide but have taken some liberties of my own in the gear/passive tree. Advise/suggestions?
My current goal is finding a new helm with an ED dmg enchant

How you like that chest piece sexy eyy? tried to get max roll on 'damage taken as mana' affix to match CoD, close enough

Passive Tree

Damage tool tip with flasks & frenzy/power charges

Also i am at
Life: 4,395/4,395
Mana: 2,802/4,312
Is that a decent amount, I was shooting for around half of my life for unreserved mana. I was thinking of unspecing a couple mana passive nodes for more life and see how that feels.

Hey,

The chest piece is absolutely dashing!
Though, I have always preferred any of the +1 lvl of gem options due to the lack of damage in the late game, at least imo. Which is somewhat the issue you're having. Obviously higher dmg gain from tweaking the tree as well as higher dmg from gear depending on currency investment will have a huge impact on this.

I really like the Allelopathy glove setup due to the Spreading Rot jewel setup allowing you to make enemies take increased DoT which enhances your ED dmg as well if it's bosses you're having issues with.

Other than that I think the setup you displayed looks pretty damn nice :)

"
FenZii wrote:
Howdy! I noticed in your build video you say you shouldn't play in a group more than 2? I was just wondering why this is?

Hey,

Unlike many other builds, DoT is a fragile subject and very hard to balance as it will either be completely brokenly overpowered or it will be shit. This was the biggest fear we had when they implemented the ability. However, GGG made an amazing work on this one. The problem the solution brought was that the scaling doesn't work as well as other builds such as benefiting from more than 1 offensive curse on enemies and/or auras. The idea of ED to spread to hit everyone is for the initial target to die with Contagion on, now most builds would attack everything at the same time all the time which means that when the pack is dead, your ED will then spread to the other enemies which in this case is already dead. If you play in a lower sized group the enemies don't get that much HP making your ED actually have time to kill the initial target so you're ... well.. "useful" for the party!
Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
always been a fan of this build 100/10 that i will always use this league starter, from harb to those races and to abyss league i always go for this as my starter. now im at 34?? challenges done i might go back to this and make a new with a lot of currency to invest just to see how far will this build go. i'd like to ask what's your thoughts about the new impresence + despair for this build capt.?
"
Ghazzy wrote:

Hey,

The chest piece is absolutely dashing!
Though, I have always preferred any of the +1 lvl of gem options due to the lack of damage in the late game, at least imo. Which is somewhat the issue you're having. Obviously higher dmg gain from tweaking the tree as well as higher dmg from gear depending on currency investment will have a huge impact on this.

I really like the Allelopathy glove setup due to the Spreading Rot jewel setup allowing you to make enemies take increased DoT which enhances your ED dmg as well if it's bosses you're having issues with.

Other than that I think the setup you displayed looks pretty damn nice :)

Thanks! a lot of thought and research has gone into this build/league with your guidance. Made a lot of mistakes, wasted a lot of currency but have learned a ton this time around

And wow... thanks for the tip!!! Just picked me up a +1 tabby for 40c, it was like a 30% dmg increase!!! I didn't consider what 2 levels of base skill damage would translate to at this point in the game with all this scaling!!!

I also swapped out my 3 Grand spectrums for some cobalts i found on trade, each one about 20c but had at least 28% damage increase between increased Spell Damage, increased Spell Damage while holding a Shield and increased Chaos Damage for another 8% overall dmg increase on top of tabby dmg!!! And have not had to give up too much def to get there

100c later and now will hopefully will have a dead red tier elder on my screen soon
Last edited by ThroatLotion on Feb 7, 2018, 6:48:55 PM
This is probably a stupid question, but how do you generate endurance charges for the CWDT/IC setup?

I've been playing PoE casually for a long time, but this is the first character I have taken past the low 70's. It's been a lot of fun so far. I always play SSF and in previous leagues I usually hit a wall in the 70's. It seems like I'm close to hitting the wall at 86 and starting tier 7/8 maps. Feeling kind of squishy and probably should replace my tabula with a 5-link chest, which is reasonable to craft, as well as switch out my weapons for a dagger/shield for shield charge/fortify and more life. But I'm also hoping that a CWDT setup will help.
Hello. Pretty new to this game. I'm trying to get the 2r2b colors on the boots. It says in the calculator that the best way to get this is through Vorici 1r1b. But how exactly do I do it? Do I just spam that option on the bench? thanks.
hi thanks for this build. This is my only second build which is like good in damage, tankiness clear speed.
My current gear

Gear is bit crappy needs improvement in all areas. But can you please suggest where i can start with, since buying decent gear is expensive, especially shield and dagger/sceptre.
Also i am using Blight in totem; feel bit safe to let totem tank and slow the bosses/crowd and i stand at safe position

Bisco leash is awesome, does super clearing of mobs, stunning them; have saved me lot of time.
Last edited by Dragonnik1 on Feb 8, 2018, 12:19:43 AM
"
RedRover57 wrote:
This is probably a stupid question, but how do you generate endurance charges for the CWDT/IC setup?

I've been playing PoE casually for a long time, but this is the first character I have taken past the low 70's. It's been a lot of fun so far. I always play SSF and in previous leagues I usually hit a wall in the 70's. It seems like I'm close to hitting the wall at 86 and starting tier 7/8 maps. Feeling kind of squishy and probably should replace my tabula with a 5-link chest, which is reasonable to craft, as well as switch out my weapons for a dagger/shield for shield charge/fortify and more life. But I'm also hoping that a CWDT setup will help.

This build does not generate endurance charges. The point of the CWDT/IC setup is that IC's base duration of 0.4 seconds will save you from burst damage. So level CWDT to a comfortable % of your total health (lvl 3-8) and keep IC at lvl 1.

"
CapedBaldyyy wrote:
Hello. Pretty new to this game. I'm trying to get the 2r2b colors on the boots. It says in the calculator that the best way to get this is through Vorici 1r1b. But how exactly do I do it? Do I just spam that option on the bench? thanks.

Vorici's workbench has the fun capability of reducing the number of sockets on an item by crafting 1 socket or 2 sockets, etc. So for the boots, you can craft it to have one socket, then craft the color of that socket to be what you want (in this case red or blue). Then you craft the boots to have a second socket which will add a socket without changing the color of the first socket. If the random color of the second is what you want, then proceed to the third socket. If not then roll back to the first socket. Rinse and repeat until you have all the sockets colored the way you want. This process has the advantage of being cheap since the low crafting options are inexpensive compared to Vorici's higher tier crafting options.

"
Dragonnik1 wrote:
hi thanks for this build. This is my only second build which is like good in damage, tankiness clear speed.
My current gear

Gear is bit crappy needs improvement in all areas. But can you please suggest where i can start with, since buying decent gear is expensive, especially shield and dagger/sceptre.
Also i am using Blight in totem; feel bit safe to let totem tank and slow the bosses/crowd and i stand at safe position

Bisco leash is awesome, does super clearing of mobs, stunning them; have saved me lot of time.

In order of return on cost I would buy the following:

1. Allelopathy
2. Withfire Stibnite Flask
3. Rathpith's Globe
4. Rings with 80+ life and mana/resists (maybe a decent but cheap Le Heup of All)
5. An amulet with 80+ life and mana/resists
6. An abyss belt with 80+ life and mana/resists plus an abyss jewel with 40+ life and % damage while holding a shield or mana/resists
7. A Tabula Rasa with +1 to socketed gems
8. An Empower lvl 3
9. Breath of the Council

After all of this the basic build is done and you start getting into late game where you'd be looking for:

1. an upgrade to your helm (same stats but higher life roll)
2. perfect rolls on Allelopathy and Witchfire
3. Jewels for your passive tree with two stat 25%+ damage and life % or mana %
4. A shield with 70%+ spell damage and life/mana/resists

These are basic upgrades that between relative cost and value to your survivability or damage are easy wins. The next and final section though are end-game min/max items that are either expensive because they have large benefits to the build or expensive because they're incremental upgrades to a lot of builds:

1. A helm with 40% Essence Drain Damage
2. 21/20 Essence Drain gem
3. Lvl 4 Empower
4. A perfect roll Breath of the Council
5. Jewels with three stat 30%+ damage and life % or mana %
6. Rings and Amulets with spell % or chaos % damage plus life/mana/resists
7. Perfect support and off-main gems (see my post on page 212 about this)
8. Boots with 30%+ movement speed and life/mana/resists
9. Body armour with +1 to socketed gems and additional stats or a Skin of the Loyal with +2 to socketed gems

Last thought, keep in mind as you upgrade that you have to keep maxed resists and 43% of your life pool as unreserved mana at all times. Also aim for 100k+ tooltip damage (when your charges and arcane surge are all up) and 5k+ life.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info