[2.2 Theory] Army of Aurora Thors (Guardian Group Build)

Hi again,

New crazy idea. Very expensive, but very funny and strong group. Everyone in the group will be a Tank, perfect to combine with CI DD.

So whats the idea:

Have multiple Guardians that reserve high amount of life and mana to provide extraudenary high amounts of Armour and Energy Shield to nearby Allies. So they have to stay close.

With aegis aurora equiped they replenish high amount of ES when they block, they use Mjölner because it has a guaranteed dps.

This time each group member only uses about 5-6 auras, because they share them. It's only about reserving life and Mana, not to have the highest amount of possible auras. If you want you can even use casts like heralds or blasphemy to increase dps as long as every needed aura is cast by one party member. The bigger the group, the better.

They will have about 6 k reserved life and maybe 3 k reserved mana, i can't say exactly. So every party member will provide 10 k base armour and about 400-500 base ES.

You can imagine what happens if 5 or 6 of them fight together. Its like: 15 k ES, 10 % ES regeneration, 75 % block - replenish 5 k ES or even more on block. High physical reduction from armour 82 % light and fire res, 87 % cold res. 30 % of lightning damage leeched instantly.

To have a higher DPS and instant leech they use legacy vessel of vinktar x2 and the retch.
To reach maximum block they need Rumi's Concoction. x2
So a minimum of 4 flasks is needed to have about 30-35 secs flask uptime.
They should use Resolute Technique.
It's possible to use romiras banquet + discharge, but the dps won't be the best, still.

It would be usefull if the group has some damage dealers (with CI).

Possible tree (edited, last one couldn't work):
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgUAQ2Oaz3FNQ8hPBGjyBLOiAPAf2L3-Crc-g8w8LcauC2GvbF7AiFqWdHxLg1_56EGHGFa9Jxg8gscNfFfJKPqQ1iympus3g-q6bRki9GwLkye-isrTtAynKzW5EVBq-g5cRX5Msy0fHU9Lrhsl2VvpAt-KoS_AZmpDwFQI9LzqSbHXz_k374gqU7JwYpWTOqBCVyu9gv6z-d33wRps42oWbySqNukMXxjXU6WApCSwFy_60v5JHarhiEZxgwlCS3zZ9zJyqcT2_lQNzStQHM6vpwY5PQ_zBvuqUWC1BOQiRUeGOxT2X2rQ0I_6f8ZJUfDVBx6VLhGW

Needed gear:
1 Block jewel
Mjölner (maybe legacy for higher dps)
Aegis Aurora (legacy)
Shavronne's Wrappings (legacy not needed) you can also use Solaris Lorica.
Stone of Lazhwar
Rainbowstride
The Retch
(Romiras Banquet)
Gear with Chaos res, bonus on life, mana, inc ES, maybe inc Armour. Needs Attributes from gear. (About 100-200 each)
I don't think Freeze or stun immunity is needed, because of medium high life and reductions, but maybe I'm wrong. Silence immunity could be useful.

Needed Flasks:
(legacy Vessel *2)
Rumi's Concoction *2

Gem Setup:
Some auras w/wo Blood magic
Some Lightning spells on mjölner
Tempest shield
Attack skill with high hitrate, like molten strike, lightning strike or cyclone (best for discharge).
There will be some slots free for whateveryouwant.

Maybe I forgot something and this group build won't work, but i like the idea.

Thanks for reading.
Last edited by Thermoth on Mar 19, 2016, 10:59:53 AM
Last bumped on Mar 19, 2016, 10:38:29 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info