[2.2][HC] Ben's Champion Poison Barrage [Atziri Killer][s06e01 Real Build of the Week]

crazy and easy build, thanks a lot! great job!
removed this post, I figured it out :)

Thanks for the guide!
Last edited by Nubmuffinzz on Aug 31, 2016, 6:55:00 PM
Hi! Saw your post in the other thread so now I'm here.

Just out of curiosity, why do you select Duelist over the other class options?

Thanks!

Edit: Ah, this is a HC build. I suppose you selected Duelist/Champion for Fortify.
In that case, what do you think about the other class options (Ranger, Shadow, etc.)?
Last edited by mechclams on Sep 14, 2016, 8:43:46 PM
"
He posted this guide months after mine, made the skill tree less effective... removed the inexpensive aspect of the build and hc aspect of going champion... copied my thread page almost section by section... and didnt give any credit or props

LMAO No he didn't His guide is far better formatted and more in depth. Everyone uses those sections. Get over yourself.

Example: the build you claimed ripped yours off:
Why Barrage? (over Lightning Arrow)
Spoiler

First off, Barrage has the highest base damage against single target among all bow skills because the multiple arrows in the one same cast can "shotgun" -- 61.4% * 4 = 245.6% at level 20. While Blast Rain, the well-known top tier bow skill for single target, only has 47.6%*4 = 190.4% at lv20.

Secondly, volley fire jewels provide a FREE lmp/gmp or even greater multiple projectiles, which means it enables Barrage's ability of pack clearing with no downside. Volley Fire let Barrage fires the side arrows twice per cast, which means 61.4% * 2 = 122.8% in terms of AOE. As comparison, Split Arrow only has 109% at lv20.

Thirdly, Barrage has one of the best enchantment among all skills -- 2 additional barrage projectiles -- which means 50% more damage against single target! (Look at those 40% increased damage of XXX skill LoL)

Finally, Barrage is also the best bow skill to apply poison. Reason: 1. Pure physical. 2. Free multiple projectiles. Let's do some simple comparison with the meta poison bow builds:
1. Reach physical poison with LA ---- get fucked by the 50% damage conversion.
2. Reach AddedChaos poison with LA ---- get fucked by the damage conversion, but better than #1, but the addedChaos damage is still kinda low.
3. Non-reach poison with whatever not-barrage skill ---- get fucked by GMP's LESS double dipping.
4. Reach/Voltaxic poison with Barrage ---- Win.

-----------

Some calculation of single-target damage comparison between Barrage and the frostwall & LA meta:

Assumptions:
1. Non-Reach of Council.
2. Lightning Arrow with lv20 GMP
3. Barrage with +2 helm enchantment. (fires 6 arrows per cast)
4. Barrage with 30% more overall damage from the additional link.

Then,
Damage of single arrow of lightning arrow: 119% * 0.74% = 88.06%
Damage of single arrow of Barrage: 61.4% * 1.3 = 79.82%

Damage of Barrage per cast: 79.82% * 6 = 478.92%,
which equals to 478.92% / 88.06% = 5.4 LA arrows overlapping.

That's to say, without wasting time casting second skill, Barrage's single target DPS outperforms LA + with one frostwall! Time to save your time and save your socket!

Your poorly written math lacking tripe
Reason for using Barrage instead of Blast Rain or Lightning Arrow

Spoiler

Barrage is one of my favorite skills because of the volley fire unique jewel
You dont need two skill setups to have aoe and single target, instead we just use barrage

This allows this build to run as CHEAP AS POSSIBLE

You can purchase any corrupted voltaxic or cheap one that you may find and not have to worry about links

Barrage + Poison allows for poison stacking on aoe mobs and Single Target

PIERCE IS THE NEW GG SUPPORT GEM

50% chance at lvl 1 and a multipler it actually has a multipler on par with Slower Projectiles

Implying that other people can't see synergy between items is conceited and stupid.
You expect me to act as something I'm not? I picked this name for a reason.
Last edited by Arrogant on Sep 14, 2016, 9:56:43 PM
"
Arrogant wrote:
"
He posted this guide months after mine, made the skill tree less effective... removed the inexpensive aspect of the build and hc aspect of going champion... copied my thread page almost section by section... and didnt give any credit or props

LMAO No he didn't His guide is far better formatted and more in depth. Everyone uses those sections. Get over yourself.

Example: the build you claimed ripped yours off:
Why Barrage? (over Lightning Arrow)
Spoiler

First off, Barrage has the highest base damage against single target among all bow skills because the multiple arrows in the one same cast can "shotgun" -- 61.4% * 4 = 245.6% at level 20. While Blast Rain, the well-known top tier bow skill for single target, only has 47.6%*4 = 190.4% at lv20.

Secondly, volley fire jewels provide a FREE lmp/gmp or even greater multiple projectiles, which means it enables Barrage's ability of pack clearing with no downside. Volley Fire let Barrage fires the side arrows twice per cast, which means 61.4% * 2 = 122.8% in terms of AOE. As comparison, Split Arrow only has 109% at lv20.

Thirdly, Barrage has one of the best enchantment among all skills -- 2 additional barrage projectiles -- which means 50% more damage against single target! (Look at those 40% increased damage of XXX skill LoL)

Finally, Barrage is also the best bow skill to apply poison. Reason: 1. Pure physical. 2. Free multiple projectiles. Let's do some simple comparison with the meta poison bow builds:
1. Reach physical poison with LA ---- get fucked by the 50% damage conversion.
2. Reach AddedChaos poison with LA ---- get fucked by the damage conversion, but better than #1, but the addedChaos damage is still kinda low.
3. Non-reach poison with whatever not-barrage skill ---- get fucked by GMP's LESS double dipping.
4. Reach/Voltaxic poison with Barrage ---- Win.

-----------

Some calculation of single-target damage comparison between Barrage and the frostwall & LA meta:

Assumptions:
1. Non-Reach of Council.
2. Lightning Arrow with lv20 GMP
3. Barrage with +2 helm enchantment. (fires 6 arrows per cast)
4. Barrage with 30% more overall damage from the additional link.

Then,
Damage of single arrow of lightning arrow: 119% * 0.74% = 88.06%
Damage of single arrow of Barrage: 61.4% * 1.3 = 79.82%

Damage of Barrage per cast: 79.82% * 6 = 478.92%,
which equals to 478.92% / 88.06% = 5.4 LA arrows overlapping.

That's to say, without wasting time casting second skill, Barrage's single target DPS outperforms LA + with one frostwall! Time to save your time and save your socket!

Your poorly written math lacking tripe
Reason for using Barrage instead of Blast Rain or Lightning Arrow

Spoiler

Barrage is one of my favorite skills because of the volley fire unique jewel
You dont need two skill setups to have aoe and single target, instead we just use barrage

This allows this build to run as CHEAP AS POSSIBLE

You can purchase any corrupted voltaxic or cheap one that you may find and not have to worry about links

Barrage + Poison allows for poison stacking on aoe mobs and Single Target

PIERCE IS THE NEW GG SUPPORT GEM

50% chance at lvl 1 and a multipler it actually has a multipler on par with Slower Projectiles

Implying that other people can't see synergy between items is conceited and stupid.

If people want to learn about the mechanics of a gem or skill there are write-ups about everything.

Im not making a guide for people who are coming to the game for the first time.

I made a guide for HardCore players looking to farm atziri with cheap gear.

None asked for indepth explanation, and therefore i didnt overbear my guide with needless information.

The thread layout is almost exactly the same, and the tree he posted is much worse.

Its obvious he saw my thread before making his.

The similarities are wayyyyyy too obvious and no credit or props were given to anyone.

Its just posted as "his build"

When its been done many times before and he simply made a non-hc viable std version.

No respect for that
Both the builds are bad get over yourselves. Everyone who has a clue doesn't give a shit about BOTW because all the builds GGG post about are pretty terrible. If you must know the first barrage poison build was using quills and it was in fucking talisman almost a year ago.
"
Aggnog wrote:
Both the builds are bad get over yourselves. Everyone who has a clue doesn't give a shit about BOTW because all the builds GGG post about are pretty terrible. If you must know the first barrage poison build was using quills and it was in fucking talisman almost a year ago.

Did you even read anything you child?

Both builds are bad? lawl

First build was using quills........ rigwald items in talsiman... looks at top of my thread..

Credit to ? = the link of the talisman quills poison guide

I didnt even use that guide remotely in making my build no items were the same other than volley fire/voltaxic

However i still gave him credit

Then this other guy insobyr posts a copy of my build

If you hold both threads side by side it looks like it was made by the same person..

First a picture,
Then video section,
Then he had the gear section and everything was like word for word copy of my thread

He just edited it today 9/15 and moved stuff around so it doesn't look that obvious....

Its not about someone making a build on barrage...

Its not about someone making a build on std... with 6link gear... and going full offense on the ascendancy.... etc..

Its the fact that i looked at his thread and it was an exact replica of my thread almost word for word

Sure he may have gone and added in more analysis, but it was 100% copied.....
and he didnt give any credit....

I have another build i made from along time ago where i made flame totem popular.

I got over 100,000 views on that thread

Someone reposted my build and gave me credit

I have no problems what so ever...

But when you copy someones setup, thread, and make the tree worse and non hc viable? Its just like wtf are you doing?

I made this build to be cheap, simple, right to the point, and posted 2 video guides.

I had a bunch of people kill atziri for the first time ever in HC because of this simple setup and extremely cheap-ass-requirement in gear.

I dont appreciate someone getting build of the week with no credit to anyone on poe when its an obvious copy

lol why so salty brah, your half assed effort wont get you anywhere, make a better build so you can get into next epsiode instead of bitching everywhere
So, what is used to generate endurance?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info