hmpphh please delete

Delete this post
Last edited by Lergrodan on Apr 4, 2024, 9:55:33 AM
Last bumped on Mar 7, 2017, 3:23:49 AM
#Update 1: Updated for 2.3
#Update 2: Added a video. I will record a better one another time and an Atziri kill.
#Update 3: Change skilltree
#Update 4: Changed from Chieftain to Slayer as a second ascendancy.
#Update 5: Added a leveling section
¤Update 6: After some testing, my Warchief now brings more single target DPS than Protector, making Protector obsolete for this build and is therefore removed.
Last edited by Lergrodan on Jun 11, 2016, 10:48:30 AM
Nice meme m8
How do you cap your resists with all those uniques?
With the proposed tree (lvl 100 btw) and gear you are sitting at 20 fire/-3 cold/-17 lightning (if i haven't overlooked some stuff). Getting phys damage AND 35 fire, 78 cold and 92 lightning resist (and maybe some life too) on 2 rings is very unlikely.

One might be getting away with non capped resists on a normal totem build but i have my doubts with ancestral protector as you have to be near your totems. Can't see that working versus volcano boss, temple piety or residence dominus for example.
"
Bada_Bing wrote:
How do you cap your resists with all those uniques?
With the proposed tree (lvl 100 btw) and gear you are sitting at 20 fire/-3 cold/-17 lightning (if i haven't overlooked some stuff). Getting phys damage AND 35 fire, 78 cold and 92 lightning resist (and maybe some life too) on 2 rings is very unlikely.

One might be getting away with non capped resists on a normal totem build but i have my doubts with ancestral protector as you have to be near your totems. Can't see that working versus volcano boss, temple piety or residence dominus for example.

I'm using every unique listed except the amulet. The shield, Great Old One's Ward, is only used for more dps when killing trash. I'm switching to a rare shield with resistances as stated above.

But let me try to do the resistance math for you with the gear I'm using.

Skilltree
59% to all
8% fire
1% max fire resistance

Shield
32% cold
37% lightning

Ring 1
16% to all
43% cold

Ring 2
70% to fire

Amulet
30% lightning

Belt
14% cold

Boots
29% fire

All in all
182% fire resistance
164% cold resistance
142% lightning resistance

All my rares are self found and crappy otherwise. I am not seeing any problems with capping my resistances?

Last edited by Lergrodan on Mar 18, 2016, 2:11:20 PM
Well, what you're saying in your last post isn't the same as what you've posted as your "current gear".

What's in your first post doesn't come very close to capping in merciless, but what you say you have in the last post makes more sense
Roses are buckets,
violets are cars.
this poem doesn't make sense.
Panda.
"
iviazzter wrote:
Well, what you're saying in your last post isn't the same as what you've posted as your "current gear".

What's in your first post doesn't come very close to capping in merciless, but what you say you have in the last post makes more sense

Yes, I've found new gear by the time I posted that comment. But I was resistance capped with my previous gear too, even overcapped by a decent amount.

I've now put a screenshot of my defenses in the build guide.
Last edited by Lergrodan on Mar 20, 2016, 5:20:38 AM
I tried this on an alt; kind of questioning Chieftain after playing with it, since you have to kill to get the 15% added fire and you have ancestral bond...

Also doing a crit version with the rigwald ammy, so maybe assassin would work better.
Last edited by pabrt on Mar 21, 2016, 12:57:48 AM
"
pabrt wrote:
I tried this on an alt; kind of questioning Chieftain after playing with it, since you have to kill to get the 15% added fire and you have ancestral bond...

Also doing a crit version with the rigwald ammy, so maybe assassin would work better.

Chieftain is still the best option because of the increased damage and life regen. While Berserker gives 10% more damage and benefit my totems better with leech and possible attack speed if I get hit, which I shouldn't, I think I rather choose the Chieftain for the life reg instead. Juggernaut isn't so good either as they don't benefit the totems at all. 30% armour is neat I guess, but I would still need unwavering stance because the totems couldn't keep the endurance charges to make them stun immune. So Chieftain or Berserker are the only viable choices if you are playing on Perandus league. If you are playing on Standard, Assassin + Rigwald and make a crit build is the way to go.

But, if you really wanted to min max this build, Use Hierophant + chieftain, remove ancestral bond, use Abyssus instead of Bringer of Rain and have a 6-link cyclone/ib in chest and just go nuts with 2 high dps totems and your own fists. And with the skill points saved after removing ancestral bond, pick more block nodes etc.

Something like this poeurl.com/Anr
I just did some quick changes without really thinking of them though.

But I want to keep the 3 totems! :)
Last edited by Lergrodan on Mar 21, 2016, 12:47:48 PM
Hope you release a video soon :)
I had this same build idea but was worried about the clearspeed cuz it takes a while for the AP to start attacking once summoned. Not a big deal but might be enough to defer me from this playstyle.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info