[2.2] Kripp's Assassin self-cast Discharge (Dual curse 100+k DPS, ES/Life Hybrid)

Introduction

Hi there fellas,

This is the build I'm using at Perandus league atm and it has got me to lvl 87 within less than a week (and I don't really play that intensively). Those of you who happened to watch Kripp's Ascendancy Alpha stream sessions are already familiar with the build. Obviously I'm not taking credit, however I've added a few personal tweaks in order to make it tanky and sustainable beyond lvl 80-85. I think Kripp only showed us the build up to lvl 75-80 or something, I don't know what his plans were, or what he's been up to the past few weeks or if he's playing at all but after spending all 22 respec points and about 50 regrets I believe my way is probably the most efficient way to improve survivability (although suggestions and advice would be more than welcome, and that's the reason I'm posting anyway).

Pros and cons
Spoiler

Pros:
-Cheap (you can do it with a 4L Voll's)
-Fast clears
-Very high DPS
-One shot evey pack

Cons:
-Elemental reflect (If you don't see it and you discharge, you're dead)

-Stuns can interupt casting (life and death sometimes depends on wether you have the time to discharge. Currently trying to get the ascendancy boots enchantment that provides 80% stun avoidance which I hope will solve what I consider to be the build's major issue)

-Not the tankiest build out there (although it's decent for a sort of glass cannon type of build), as there is no damage mitigation and it solely relies on ES/Life pool

So let's break it down...

First things first... The tree
(Heretic's Veil version)
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYBAQSzBx4I9A3RDkgPqxCSEQ8RlhZAFm8WvxbzFy8XsBhqGjgdFB_HIG4i9CM2JIsmPCaVJy8qCyo4K3gsnC2LLdIvnTIyOlg62DwFPV9FfElRSbFKi0yzUDBSU1MQVUtVxlXWWAdZ813yXypfamHiY0Nk52aeaPJqQ2wLbRlwUnIPdFV4L3xLfOV_xoCkgpuFfYnTjDaOZI9Gj_qQVZMnlS6WdJeVl5eX9Jo7m6GfPp_foS-iAKyYtDi2-r6KwFTAZsM60NDXz9te42rjhOUZ7DjvfO-I8B_w1fem99f5N_rS-_U=

How it works (Important, please read):
Spoiler

Defence
Spoiler
As I say in the title the build is a ES/Life hybrid. Obviously we take as much +%life as possible (I get 160% from my tree) and gear with good life rolls on it. The build also stacks up a lot of INT and the gear required also provides some so I had to figure out a way to make both my life (around 4k) and my ES pools (around 3,5k) effective. Since the build runs dual curse (assassin's and warlord's mark) that provide both life leech and life gain on kill, I let 'on kill' go to life and I take Ghost reaver and Vaal Pact to transfer the leech to ES. With the amount of DPS Discharge does my ES, even if depleted will burst to full with one hit.

Now what I've found to be probably the most important mechanic for the build's both attack and defence is CWDT+Cold Snap. Seriously I cannot stress enough how good this this is. It's so good it makes me wanna cry. It will freeze enemies on the spot when I'm in danger and... If for some reason I'm left out of charges, it will instantly generate them for me as it will most likely crit(and I'll get them charges from Voll's). I have Cold Snap liinked with CWDT, Immortal Call, and Increased Area of Efect in order to freeze as many enemies as possible.

Finally, tri-curse Enfleebe (enemies deal 35% less damage) with Heretic's Veil and Doedre's Damning or Windscream boots (+1 curse ring)

Offence
Spoiler
The build takes advantage of the '100% more critical strike chance of the Assassin's tree, which guarantees me a crititical strike if my crit chance is at least 50%. With Blasphemy, I don't have to damage enemies to apply curses and the time saved from not having to cast them is used for positioning and casting discharge before anything touches me. Obviouslly I use a Voll's protector to generate power charges for every crit, and discharge them again and again to one shot almost every pack within my screen radius. I use Storm call to generate the first charges, and sometimes for single target damage along with flame totem.

Numbers
Spoiler
Like I said, hybrid life/ES pool of a total 7k and resistances are maxed (except chaos). Dps wise, Discharge does something around 100k with 7 power and 4 endurance charges. You can use Poacher''s mark to get frenzys in order to reach 130k or something but I don't think you need it. Surviving is always the priority

Required uniques
Spoiler

Additional suggested uniques
Spoiler

I use Heretics Veil in order to go 3 curse enfleebe (or Poacher's Mark if I wanna see my dps skyrocket, but I don't think it's better than enfleebe) or Discipline.

Lightning Doryani's helps with damage and leech.

Divinarius for dps and additional life+mana gain on kill.

My gear
Spoiler

Links
Spoiler

Chest:
Discharge- Increased area of effect-Lightning penetration-Controlled destruction/Elemental Focus/Increased critical damage (all work fine, it's up to you. I use increased item rarity

Helm(Heretic's Veil):
Enlighten-Warlord's Mark-Assassin's Mark-Enfleebe/Poacher's mark/Discipline

Storm Call- Less duration-Lightning penetration-Spell echo

Flame Totem-Fire penetration-Chance to ignite(you know better, I've never used totems before)

Lightning Warp-Less duration-Faster casting(if you can afford the slot)

Cast When Damage Taken-Cold Snap-Increased area of effect-Immortal call

Bandits
Spoiler

Oak (+40 life)
Passive skill point
Alira (+1 maximum Power charge)

Notes
I think that's all guys. If I'm forgetting something or if there's something you'd like me to add let me know. You might run into some mana problems cause Discharge is gonna cost something close to 100, so feel free to experiment with the tree as you see fit (that is take more mana nodes if you need them there are a lot right next to the tree path). My tree grabs reduced mana reserved nodes for 3-curse with Heretic's Veil. If you don't want to use the item respec those and grab what you need. Hope you enjoy the build if you try it out. I'm not taking credit as it is Kripp's build like I said before but I did have to figure out the defense mechanics on my own, which of course I'm not saying it's an accomplishment. It just felt good for me cause I'm a casual PoE player. Advice and suggestion would be appreciated.

Thank you :)

IGN: Damnatureyouscary

Last edited by 0ddfell0w on Mar 19, 2016, 11:59:59 PM
Last bumped on Apr 2, 2016, 10:30:40 AM
Hey dude,nice built..i was watching kripp's stream also and i was trying to figure out how to make this discharge shadow work on high tier maps.Nice trick there with those curses,but do you really have to use Heretic's Veil?
"
MsBjork wrote:
Hey dude,nice built..i was watching kripp's stream also and i was trying to figure out how to make this discharge shadow work on high tier maps.Nice trick there with those curses,but do you really have to use Heretic's Veil?

Hi there buddy. You only need heretics Veil if you run 3-curse with either enfleebe or poacher's mark, or discipline. The build works without it as the mandatory curses are Warlord's and assaassin's mark.
What kind of setup do you recommend for leveling?
To gain frenzy charges I personally run HoI and link Ice Bite to my Discharge, I went Inquisitor instead though so I slotted it over Light Pen, Not sure if you have that much room for it. I've also personally gone with temp chains/enfeeble though I never thought to get Ghost Reaver to help with my ES buffer so I may retry Assasin's Mark and Warlod's Mark. Also thank you for the Cold Snap tip, I've been looking for a good CwDT spell link and generally settled on Ball Lightning but Cold Snap seems much better.

Thanks for the thread.

EDIT:

"
bood3e wrote:

I started leveling with Discharge as soon as I got Voll's, it worked alright but Lifesprig's with Spark/FP whatever your favourite spell is to level with would also work well and probably more smoothly.
Last edited by konakonakona on Mar 19, 2016, 5:24:17 AM
"
bood3e wrote:

Hi there, I used Storm call, Orb of stroms (just for the fun of it), and Flame totem up to lvl 50-55. Started discharging as soon as I got Voll's. If you a need a leveling guide for the tree let me know.
"
konakonakona wrote:
To gain frenzy charges I personally run HoI and link Ice Bite to my Discharge, I went Inquisitor instead though so I slotted it over Light Pen, Not sure if you have that much room for it. I've also personally gone with temp chains/enfeeble though I never thought to get Ghost Reaver to help with my ES buffer so I may retry Assasin's Mark and Warlod's Mark. Also thank you for the Cold Snap tip, I've been looking for a good CwDT spell link and generally settled on Ball Lightning but Cold Snap seems much better.

Thanks for the thread.

EDIT:

"
bood3e wrote:

I started leveling with Discharge as soon as I got Voll's, it worked alright but Lifesprig's with Spark/FP whatever your favourite spell is to level with would also work well and probably more smoothly.

Het buddy,
Ice bite does work. I noticed after I took out elemental focus while I was doing test runs that every enemy I killed was frozen. I'm not sure why though... Could be because I was using this

It does however take up a slot in the 5L and I think it's only worth it if you get the extra 3 skill points to grab the +1 frenzy, which I don't think is worth it as frenzys don't provide anything significant(like power charges for example that provide both crit chance and spell dmg).

Since I've gone Ghost reaver I personally use discipline and the 2 standard curses.

Cold snap is the the MVP of the build.

Thanks for the comment :)
Updated tree, improved survivability
Hello.
I am considering following your build.
I am quite determined to create a shadow hybrid discharged to see if is good to play life and energy shield at the same time.
This build is good for HARDCORE? because I only play HC.
And why u dont get the Nullitification on tree? wich improve 5% maximum life/ 10% max energy shield/ 8% all resists and some evasion?

Last edited by Alive_asd on Mar 23, 2016, 4:57:37 PM
"
Alive_asd wrote:
Hello.
I am considering following your build.
I am quite determined to create a shadow hybrid discharged to see if is good to play life and energy shield at the same time.
This build is good for HARDCORE? because I only play HC.
And why u dont get the Nullitification on tree? wich improve 5% maximum life/ 10% max energy shield/ 8% all resists and some evasion?

Hi there buddy,

I honestly wouldn't recommend this build for HC as I don't consider it to be safe and tanky. It's sort of a glass cannon build which brings a lot of fun with the DPS+AoE output. However, I play only SC myself (as I'm pretty casual about the game as I mention above), so if you think you're experienced enough with the game and HC you might be able to sustain it.

About the Nulification, you cannot imagine how much I've struggled with skill point allocation in order to make this build as effective as possible, and since Nuli requires 1 more skill point to allow me to reach the Power charge I don't grab it.

If you do end up going with this build stay in touch with me as can provide very useful info about it.

Good luck

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info