[2.2] Low Life Ball Lightning Hierophant: Help me reach maximum efficiency

Hi everyone!

I am working on a low life Ball Lightning Hierophant. The basic idea of the build is to use a Pledge of Hands (100% increased maxium mana) and stack on mana to benefit from the Hierophant skill Sanctuary of Thought (15% of mana as energy shield).

The build is working quite well already, but I think there is plenty of room for optimization. I found a lot of interesting guides online, but the build I have in mind is different enough to leave many questions unanswered. THUS this thread!

Please help me reach maximum efficiency!

Here is where I am at now:

Gear

Stats:

Tooltip DPS: 4.5k (without charges)
Tooltip DPS: 5.5k (with 5 charges)

Energy Shield: 6.5k
Life: 87/1250
Mana: 186/3030

fire/cold resistance: 75%
lightning resistance: 80%
Chaos Resistance: -4%

Progress:

With this I can run t8 maps without problems, have not tried t9 yet, but should be fine as well.

Reflect is no issue, and no mana regen is ok with two mana pods and the CwDT+Warlord's Mark setup, when I disable one aura (even though it feels a bit cluncy). My only problem atm is chaos damage.

Charge generation through Conviction of Power is working like a charm.

My plans for the future:

* I got a new Pledge I am trying to 6l now.
* Next skill points should go into Arcane Potency.
* The gloves need replacement: more energy shield and chaos instead of lightning resistance (I have plenty extra lightning resistance).
* Skyforth would of course by perfect for this build, but unless I get lucky with chanceing it, I will probably not be able to afford some.

Things I am unsure about:

* Because I am a noob, I helped Oak on Normal, I am not sure whether I should take +mana or +skill point instead.
* Should I try to go for Voidbringer? I assume that it could work if I stack more mana regen and take some extra reduced mana reserved nodes (maybe even Righteous Decree).
* Do I really need the Auxium Belt (or Dream Fragments)? Or can I do with just a flask?
* Is Lori's Latern any good, or should I replace it with a ring with energy shield?
* What is the best support gem setup for Ball Lightning for this build for a 5l/6l? How good is increased area of effect and slower projectiles for Ball Lightning?
* What is the best aura setup? Should I go for more reduced mana to squeeze in another one?
* What is the best way to run no regen maps with this build. I am doing quite fine with CwDT+Warlord's Mark and two mana pods, but it feels a bit cluncy. Should I go for blasphemy+Warlord's Mark instead and then maybe remove the LL from the links? But that would make me vulnerable to curse immune maps....

Last edited by ruthgar1 on Mar 17, 2016, 3:23:59 PM
Last bumped on May 17, 2016, 8:50:25 PM
Hey, I think you could afford an Energy from Within Jewel in the highway between the Shadow and Witch, and then get the life/es nodes adjacent to that jewel slot. If you respec out of the 5 witch starting nodes, you'd trade up 38% es, +14 flat es, and 25% mana regeneration (how much do you need that regen?) for 52% ES (if you get a 12% Energy from Within jewel). That's another 14% ES for the same 5 points.

Regards,
Your fellow PoE-er

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info