[2.2] Guardian - As Summoner - Need some help.

First of all. Why Templar instead of Witch?

Guardian Subclass works more of a Defensive mechanism with a bit a offense compared to Witch's, which seems to be the main problem when dealing with Specters getting killed by difficult enemies late game.

Spoiler

Radiant Faith
Grants Armour equal to 160% of your Reserved Life to you and nearby Allies
Grants maximum energy Shield equal to 15% of your Reserved Mana to you and nearby Allies

Unwavering Faith
Auras you Cast grant +1% Physical Damage Reduction to you and Allies
Auras you Cast grant 0.2% of Maximum Life Regenerated per second to you and Allies

Prayer of Glory
You and nearby allies have 15% increased Attack, Cast and Movement Speed if you've used a Warcry Recently
Using Warcries is Instant

Proposed Tree and Auras:

Equipment

Spoiler

Midnight Bargain: 30% dmg, 20% spd and +1 Specter.
Prism Guardian: Self-explanatory
Solaris Lorica/Shavrone: We're going low life
+2 Minion ES Helmet: Self-explanatory
Bones of Ullr/Wondertrap: +1 Specter / 100% IIR
ES Gloves
Umbilicus Immortalis Belt: IF our defenses are enough, this could keep our minions going non-stop with ever-healing and dmg bonuses.
Use Jewelry for IIR and Resistances

Gem Set-up

Spoiler

Shield: Discipline + Haste + Hatred (for Zombies) or Anger (for Specters, with the aura efficiency we'd end up with a 113 - 180 added fire to spells)
Boots: Purity of Elements (or another purity of choice) + Blasphemy + Enfeeble + Temp Chains or Offensive Curse for your Specters
Wand: Lightning Warp + Less Duration + Faster Casting
Body: Specter Set-up
Helmet: Zombie + Minion Damage + Melee Physical Dmg + Stone Golem (Could move Golem to Mutewind or Binerot rings if resistances are with the rest of the equips)
Gloves: Enduring Cry or Rallying Cry + Flesh Offering + Bone Offering + Increased Duration

End result is a high defensive yet high offensive 4-Specter Summoner with Potions that affect it's minions which opens up a lot of choices, since, if I'm not wrong, we won't be needing any kind of potions at all.

Anyone thinks this could work? Or would it be best to just do this on a Witch?
Last edited by unicorrrn on Mar 16, 2016, 8:57:10 PM
Last bumped on Mar 28, 2016, 2:27:43 PM
With with few items and bone offering self are more MORE tanky that templar - not only 75block/spellblock, but with good amount HP recover per block - like necro-Aurora.
p.s. plus 120% HP spectre/145% damage just insane buff for skip
Last edited by Arish on Mar 18, 2016, 11:32:02 AM
"
Arish wrote:
With with few items and bone offering self are more MORE tanky that templar - not only 75block/spellblock, but with good amount HP recover per block - like necro-Aurora.
p.s. plus 120% HP spectre/145% damage just insane buff for skip

Can you elaborate? a little bit? :D
"
unicorrrn wrote:

Yeah why not, in short words - see my current build (Charlina char in perandus)
In long words:
1 Necromancer Assendary Class gives u Mistress Sacrifice (your offerings affect u too), so bone offering(BO) lvl20 gives u 35% block|34%spell block . Important thing about it - u heal on blocks a lot (20lvl =590 hp)
2 Add in Adv Fortress new claw (15% block)(and superior mobilite +free fortify) and Rapith Globe with decent spell block% roll (mine 59%) - and u get 75|75 when bone offering UP (no even need recless defence or any shield nodes).
3 I take Antistun passive near maradeur -> can freely fly on monsters when BO is up (and if needed -granite for extra mitigation). And with this u can ez go Chain maps (that pain in the ass for classic summoner), u just blocks 75% attack and get overheal from that attacks that hit u. U even CAN 2-3proj +chain maps.
4 and last point as u can see my char - i have decent mf setup for that(need better ventor's to reach 200% rarity) so u are all in one machine = exp farming, almost any mods(no regen pain is the ass but if u want - u can do it), +drops
Last edited by Arish on Mar 18, 2016, 7:00:37 PM
"
Arish wrote:
"
unicorrrn wrote:

Yeah why not, in short words - see my current build (Charlina char in perandus)

Ahh, great, GREAT build, thank you so much for the help!

PS. Which specters do you use?
I use Knitted Horrors from Dread Lake, sadly they cannot be desecrated.
Last edited by Arish on Mar 18, 2016, 7:49:57 PM
"
Arish wrote:
I use Knitted Horrors from Dread Lake, sadly they cannot be desecrated.

Heya Arish!

Loved your build! I always wanted to make a Tank-Summoner but with support features, Guardian seems pretty good at this.

I have a few questions;

How do you tank so much? I can see that you don't have a HUGE life pool or armor/eva, this is just from blocks?

I just want to make a summoner-tanky-support character to play with my friends, do you think this tree could handle?

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUDAQQHBLMGSQj0DR8NfBZvFy8YahslHNwdFB2qJKoksCj6MtE1kjbpOlg64TwoQYdDyEQERUdFnUZxS65Ms025TeNOUk8EU1JVxlfJWAdakVugaPJqQ2qsa9ttGXgvfA585X0YgKSA4ILHg9uFYIhAj0aQM5IrmuCbMJuhnL6iAKUYplemrKcIp1WofarErJi0DLc-uJPAVMBmzLzT-9i92Vva3d-K4YjjaukC6rrr7vAf8kX31_no-tL9AP4K_kn-jw==

And feel free to speak freely if you have any suggestion, i really want to make a Guardian-Summoner and your build rocks! Can you help me out making a Guardian good enough? Thanks!
"
Midas_ wrote:

I just want to make a summoner-tanky-support character to play with my friends, do you think this tree could handle?

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUDAQQHBLMGSQj0DR8NfBZvFy8YahslHNwdFB2qJKoksCj6MtE1kjbpOlg64TwoQYdDyEQERUdFnUZxS65Ms025TeNOUk8EU1JVxlfJWAdakVugaPJqQ2qsa9ttGXgvfA585X0YgKSA4ILHg9uFYIhAj0aQM5IrmuCbMJuhnL6iAKUYplemrKcIp1WofarErJi0DLc-uJPAVMBmzLzT-9i92Vva3d-K4YjjaukC6rrr7vAf8kX31_no-tL9AP4K_kn-jw==

And feel free to speak freely if you have any suggestion, i really want to make a Guardian-Summoner and your build rocks! Can you help me out making a Guardian good enough? Thanks!

Yo, I ended up trying my build but with a few changes for the same reasons you posted.

This isn't my steam account where I play but I'll be making a guide soon.

I'll give you the short version:

1. You need Shavs 5L - 6S, Lowlife is super important. Thank god they're "only" 3-4 ex nowadays.
2. Your party will clear fast as hell, my friend's DPS go up by over 3x times their base dmg.
3. Their defenses are insane too.
4. Specters never die, nor zombies, nor golem nor guardian (which gives another 2x auras).
5. Clear speed is fucking stupid, I'm at 100,000 exp/hour at lvl 68 doing Dried Lake.
6. CAN TANK PERANDUS BOXES NO PROBLEM! this is my favorite part.

Tree: All aura nodes (except Duelist's), get all the minions nodes (except the big wheel near the scion, well I'm lvl 70, haven't use it yet and clear speed is stupid good) then hp/ES or ES/armour.
Last edited by unicorrrn on Mar 25, 2016, 1:24:52 PM
It's nice to see someone realize the strength of the Guardian Summoner.

Everyone was a bit too blinded by Mistress of Sacrifice to see all the amazing things Guardians give to their minions. Most importantly the incredible amount of Armor and Physical Mitigation. and ofcourse all of the life regeneration.

I'm curious though, have you tried the new Umbilicus belt with this build yet? It seems perfect since you get so much defense for yourself.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info