[2.2] Fakequisitor - 1h Avatar of Fire 69% fire pen Ice Crasher [SC, hipster, hierophant]

gif example

I present to you a project of mine that I found fun to mess around in standard.
It by no means uses godlike items or anything, but can be tricky to play in a new league because the core items can be tricky to get.

The gif is without Conc. Effect (Chance to Ignite instead) and no Lion's Roar active, else the ignite would be even more crazy.

gif - concentrated effect version

• Premise

Make use of Hierophants 20% elemental penetration on helm & free endurance charge generation.
How do we do it:
  • Use BoR for 6L helm
  • Use Ice Crash because it has inbuilt AoE and is cold based (super important)
  • Link Fire Penetration - WED - Chance to Ignite to Ice Crash
  • Spec Avatar of Fire to convert your Phys to Fire
  • Use Pyre to convert all cold to fire
  • Use Romira's Banquet to generate Endurance charges via attacks

The build racks up DPS with the use of several mechanics:
  • Izaro Turmoil jewels
  • 69% fire penetration
  • Doryani's Catalyst
  • Huge ignites (especially if you swap Chance to Ignite for Conc. Effect on bosses)

That being said if you ever feel like ignite isn't worth it, feel free to change the Change to Ignite for Elemental Focus gem for another 49% damage multiplier (for example on Atziri), a Increased AoE gem for more spread or Conc. Effect for really tough bosses (boosts both the hit and the burn to insane levels).

You can always track my current build gear / passives from my profile:
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Mannoth/characters
Character name is Endomanos.

• Build budget

Build utilizes several key items which you cannot build without:

• Bringer of Rain
  • Izaro's Turmoil jewels (can be somewhat replaced by rares)
  • Romira's Banquet
  • Doryani's Catalyst

• Ascendancy

Illuminated Devoit & Conviction of Power are pretty much mandatory, it is what defines this build.
Pursuit of Faith combos with Rallying Cry for some nice DPS boost, the fact the damage gained from both increases both the initial hit and the ignite is just the cherry on the top.

That being said it is possible to do a Chieftain in a simmilar fashion, ending up with 59% fire penetration and less tree damage but with more life / regen / chance to ignite / armor and leech, it is better suited for the HC leagues.
Chieftain however doesn't utilize the Rallying Cry / Romira Banquet so gearing and skill usage is different (You need Enduring Cry, your ring slot opens tho).
I will post a tree for the chieftain version also.

• Stats & videos

Stats (screenshots)

Gear used for screenshots / video (ignore legacy BoR, this isn't a block build anyway):
gear

offense

auras only

auras + frenzy

auras + frenzy + pursuit of faith / rallying cry

auras + conc effect

conc + all buffs (no lion's roar tho)

defense

in hideout

charges + granite

Video showcase:

To be added as I figure out interesting fights / maps to do.

• Pros/Cons & numbers

Spoiler

Pros:
  • 69% fire penetration means at most enemies only resist 6% of your damage
  • Huge ignites
  • 7 endurance charges
  • Mediocre armor
  • Most packs explode in 1 hit
  • Sustains attacks via mana regen
  • Interesting playstyle
  • Generates endurance charges while attacking

Cons:
  • Melee
  • Ignite isn't for everyone
  • Leech isn't great versus single targets
  • Requires some gear investment
  • Capping resists can be hard
  • Armor is dependent on your shield mostly
  • Not crit based

• Current tree (leveling trees can be found in the 2nd post, endgame tree below this one)

• Endgame tree

• Chieftain tree

• Gear

Spoiler

Weapon choice

The only weapon worth considering for this build. It has decent DPS, and comes with up to 110% increased elemental damage + elemental leech. It increases both our initial hit and the ignites drastically and I wouldn't recommend playing maps without it.

Ring choice

Pretty much the two above, they are a part of the needed uniques for the build to function.

Amulet choice

Dexterity is the stat of choice to look for, followed by life & resists.
Weapon Elemental Damage & Flat Cold Damage is also nice to have.

Belt choice

Strength, fire damage, fire leech & decent armor / resists. This is the perfect belt for our build. Use a rare until you can afford it.

Gloves choice

Rares with high life, resists, and decent armor is nice to have. Attack speed is nice for faster leep slam and ice crashes also.
If resists permit the Wyrmsign gloves might be fun for the rampage.

Boots choice

Rares with high life, move speed & resists. Ideally armor based.
Nothing much to say other than that, don't think any unique boots are worth it.

Helm choice

Bringer of Rain is mandatory for the playstyle.
Legacy isn't required at all since this isn't a block build, I just happened to have one on standard.

Shield choice

High armor & life is prefered, along with resists. I do not have a good life & armor shield on standard so I grabbed the next best thing I could.

Flasks choice

Basalt flask

Ideally you want to roll reduce charges used so you can use it twice and Curse/Bleed/Freeze immunity on it. That being said %evasion is still a nice roll to have.
This along with 7 endurance charges and our mediocre armor trivializes almost all physical threats.

Silver Flask

This flask to me is a lot better than quicksilver flasks. With 25% reduced charges used it is at 30/60 uses and provides 6 seconds of onslaught at 20 quality giving 20% attack and move speed.
Second mod to roll would be Immunity to Bleed/Freeze/Curse.

Lion's Roar

Preference choice of mine, it gives a hefty amount of DPS boost along with added safety of knockback, two uses and 5 seconds at 20 quality.
It further boosts the huge hit of ice crash for even more potent burn.

Bandits

• Normal - Oak
  • Cruel - Oak or Kill All
  • Merciless - Oak

• Main attack skills & choices

Spoiler

Bringer of Rain
  • Ice Crash
  • Weapon Elemental Damage
  • Fire Penetration
  • Chance to Ignite / Concentrated Effect / Elemental Focus

Depending on your preference on ignite you can either use Chance to Ignite or Elemental Focus. For bosses swap in concentrated effect for massive ignites.

Gloves
  • Rallying Cry
  • Increased Duration
  • Hatred
  • Herald of Ash

Reasoning being that 20% increased area of effect will increase the potency of rallying cry and herald of ash.

Shield
  • CWDT
  • Enfeeble or Temporal Chains
  • Increased AoE

Boots
  • Vengeance
  • Leam Slam
  • Fortify
  • Endurance Charge on Melee Stun

Doryani Catalyst
  • Immortal Call
  • Increased Duration
  • Flame Golem

[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662
Last edited by Mannoth on May 5, 2016, 6:05:36 AM
Last bumped on Jun 27, 2016, 8:38:15 AM
Last edited by Mannoth on Apr 30, 2016, 5:27:12 PM
Hey man thanx for a great build, i was thinking of trying it, and just have a few questions for you, i enjoy theorycrafting things way too much.

Can this build be a crit build? You already have all the items and ascendency passives (good weapon, acuracy and power charges from ring and power charges from ascendency), and elemental overload node is really close in your tree. That means 40% more all damage if you crit 1 time in 8 seconds, i think thats doable and then you would have no need for chance to ignite since it will happen on crit and you can put additional accuracy for example if you have trouble hiting things.

Or can you use Kongors unique 2h mace? sure you loose a shield, but it has a good crit chance for elemental overload (along with you other gear and passives), and you always hit with it so no need for accuracy, and you can put any gem you want to further boost the damage. I understand defences can be low and capping ressists would be hard but its interesting to think about it.

How is build holding btw, im interested to hear your opinions.
Last edited by grindermann on Mar 23, 2016, 8:35:58 AM
Well only tested it in standard because I am still pushing my duelist in perandus, but the damage was quite fine on this build (didn't test higher than t10 tho).

One of the negatives was relatively low life pool (4.5k on level 85) which I am not really happy about but could be at least 5k with a few points more (3 or so levels).

Kongor & Elemental overload can work just fine, given you can somehow cap your resists with it. It would outdps the current spec but would need even more life from the tree to negate the loss of block / shield.
Also Lion's Roar is really expensive on standard so couldn't test it there, but it should be a massive boost really.
Last edited by Mannoth on Mar 23, 2016, 3:16:13 PM
How do I make this for facebreakers 925% ?
"
TalonC wrote:
How do I make this for facebreakers 925% ?

It's not really suited for facebreakers because you lose a lot of damage without flat physical on rings.
romira's generates power charges, not endurance charges.

is this some sort of joke?

Quoting Saltychipmunk:
...I look at the new act 5 boss where you have to hide behind the statues to survive the bullet hell and all I can think is... how the fuck are zombies going to survive that?

They don't know what hiding is... they don't know what dodging is... they are morons.
"
joachimbond wrote:
romira's generates power charges, not endurance charges.

is this some sort of joke?

Conviction of Power has 25% chance to give a endurance charge whenever you gain a power charge.
Opinion on using the Cold to Fire gem and freeing up a ring slot? 50% gem conversion + 50% AoF = full conversion. Less damage, but there are *much* better rings than Pyre out there. WED/life/resists rare as an early gearing option. Mokou's Embrace or Ngamahu's Sign give ignite chance and fire damage. Berek's Respite to go full Bino's with ignite transfers? Also, your gif has Hatred, but your skill choice section doesn't have Hatred anywhere and it seems like a sizeable damage gain.
"
PathOfOtter wrote:
Opinion on using the Cold to Fire gem and freeing up a ring slot? 50% gem conversion + 50% AoF = full conversion. Less damage, but there are *much* better rings than Pyre out there. WED/life/resists rare as an early gearing option. Mokou's Embrace or Ngamahu's Sign give ignite chance and fire damage. Berek's Respite to go full Bino's with ignite transfers? Also, your gif has Hatred, but your skill choice section doesn't have Hatred anywhere and it seems like a sizeable damage gain.

If you want to use Cold to Fire you would have to drop the Chance to Ignite socket for it, since WED an Fire Penetration are cruicial.

You are right, I do use hatred, just forgot it at the time of writing down, updated to reflect this change.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info