2.2 flaskmaster bladevortex build - Max block, high dps - Uber down, TWINNED 8mod core down

A few people have asked me how come I never die and can carry entire parties on lab runs, so here is a really rough sketch of what I've been doing. I used several build guides but because of ascendancy none of their skill trees worked anymore so I kind of came up with this as I went. It's definitely not min-maxed and I'm sure there is a ton of room for improvement. A special thanks to Malthil!

Key features of this build

- You can have permanent uptime on any flask you want, including the nerfed vinktars!
- Max block/spell block
- pretty amazing dps considering how damn tanky it is!
- With all flasks up all the time, you have perma 83% all res. You don't even have to get to much res on your gear because the enhanced flask effect nodes do SO much
- Whirling blades! need i say more?
- perma poison enemies hence the added chaos damage

BANDITS: Point - Point - Powercharge

For ascendancy points! you want master surgeon and master herbalist. The perma poison is actually pretty insance and if you have life leech in your 6l you will usually have you ES pool almost permanently filled just because of the poison stacks. super nice for sustaining boss fights where you need to run around for a bit :)

I can do 8mod core with this build which has always been a dream of mine(depending on mods of course :), atziri is faceroll, all in game content is pretty damn faceroll. 8 mod twinned village ruin? no problem. Reflect? not a problem! (with phys refl you do have to play a bit safer)

This is my current setup that I run for almost all maps and bosses since it yields high survivability. If i'm trying to do something a little insane like 8mod twinned core, I switch to CI and bump myself up to 10k es. Once i can afford acuities I'm thinking I might be able to lose vaal pact and then use shavs for all bosses since then I will have life regen again...

Current gear for most content

Spoiler

Here is my current skill tree

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIDAAPuBUIHHgkzDXwOSA5cD6sRLxFQEZYVIBa_GYoajxslHaodviBuIvQkiySdKPoqCyo4KwosnCzpM4c1uTdMPV894kGWQktEDUV-RnFI7klRSbFLrkyzUDBSU1fJXIpd8l9qYlpknWr6bAttGXBScLt1_XvXf5Z_xoLHhG-ExYXFhrONko_6kyeVLpcGl5WX9Ju1n22hL6Kjpyuus6_rsnC0DLVIvorB88M6xKLHncjwytPQH9DQ0PXRNtN-1ELXz9lb217fit-Y377hiOIs5-rpAuq662Pr9ewY73rviO_r8NXyHfaj9tr3Pfkz-Tf56PsJ?accountName=h4stings&characterName=EowynBlades

As you are leveling get all the flask nodes first, go down and left and get the skill duration nodes and the flask nodes. You could also get life nodes where possible until you can stack enough ES. Get jewel nodes as they get close to your tree. Then head up the tree to the witch flask nodes and es nodes. Lastly get as many block nodes as you need to get max block with rumi's active. Then get DPS nodes and whatever else you need.

Until you can go CI, and even when you are CI, Cybils Paw is REALLY nice, your life pool will fill almost instantly will all your blades whirling about. Once you're CI, divinarius is a great option until you can afford a really nice dagger.

Until you can afford a rathpith, use a stone of lazhwar.

Use a second bladevortex setup for power charges and warlords mark curse on hit. You will need to use that every 10 seconds or so to make sure you are cursing and getting power charges. You could also use blasphemy but then you can only run 1 aura. I like running hatred and discipline currently.

I have two daggers, a dps dagger and a vagan dagger since your flasks will never be down even on single target.

I usually have ice golem on CWDT since that will also help fill flasks faster. typically that's only necessary for risky boss fights

Here is my current flask setup
Spoiler

I also suggest running life leech instead of added fire damage until you have a vinktar because you will need that for sustaining heavy damage.

Let me know if you need any more info and I will try and help you out!

Last edited by h4stings on Mar 24, 2016, 1:32:34 PM
Last bumped on Mar 26, 2016, 7:12:08 PM
bumping because I just did another 8mod core, TWINNED, WITH temp chains :D
Last edited by h4stings on Mar 18, 2016, 6:18:13 PM
Twinned core, nice. Were is the video? I wanna see the action :)
Got this build up and running now and it's working great so far, managed to solo http://i.imgur.com/DKHmXa2.png boss in a 3 man party without taking almost any damage, this was without taste of hate aswell, hoping to be able to do some t14-15 maps soon to see how tanky this build really is :D
Cool build! Could you possibly post a video of Uber?
you have perma 83% cold light res.
Simple correction. You don't have rubi flask.
"
BoneFaer wrote:

To be fair, the gear in the OP doesn't exactly match the build description in general, plus you could easily switch the diamond flask out with a ruby flask as long as it has the shock removal on it and you'd get 83% all resists at the cost of some dps.
Last edited by ghotbijr on Mar 25, 2016, 10:26:44 PM
"
ghotbijr wrote:
"
BoneFaer wrote:

To be fair, the gear in the OP doesn't exactly match the build description in general, plus you could easily switch the diamond flask out with a ruby flask as long as it has the shock removal on it and you'd get 83% all resists at the cost of some dps.

I'd rather say everything pretty much sounds fishy and the tree looks extremely unoptimized. Why is life crafted on both rings for instance? Added chaos damage is also an inefficient link, and faster casting to some extent, in fact controlled destruction + promise will net more alot more chaos+physical damage.

Twinned core with only 2 flask charges? Even with 50 blades up, which is unlikely, and crit capped, which is also unlikely with his gear, my bet is that he'd run out of flasks charges 16 seconds into the fight.
Natrak 94 Witch | Low Life Crit Arc'er - Standard
Jannee 92 Templar | Low Life Wander - Standard
Ntk 74 Ranger | Low Life TS - Standard (idling)
Jaaneee 72 Ranger | LS Tank (idling)
Joramm 73 Templar | Ele cleaver - Hardcore (idling)
"
Ntk wrote:
"
ghotbijr wrote:
"
BoneFaer wrote:

I'd rather say everything pretty much sounds fishy and the tree looks extremely unoptimized. Why is life crafted on both rings for instance? Added chaos damage is also an inefficient link, and faster casting to some extent, in fact controlled destruction + promise will net more alot more chaos+physical damage.

Twinned core with only 2 flask charges? Even with 50 blades up, which is unlikely, and crit capped, which is also unlikely with his gear, my bet is that he'd run out of flasks charges 16 seconds into the fight.

On 1 enemy you can keep 100% uptime on all 5 flasks, I've done it myself.

I wish he would update his guide though, he's changed quite a lot of stuff around.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info