Two hand swords needs a dedicated skill

A lot of people are already saying that accuraccy is pretty irrelevant in the game, and I actually agree to that. The reason I feel like 2h swords need a dedicated skill, is because other weapons simply does whatever a 2h sword does better. For example cyclone, if you want range, you can get an 2h axe. And recently we gotten 2 new skills for maces axes, and just makes me feel that swords in general needs more love.
Last bumped on Mar 15, 2016, 4:31:32 PM
Well, swords are the only two-hand weapon that is capable of using Viper Strike, at the very least.
They do have somewhat of an edge if you'll pardon the pun, sword is the only 2H weapon that can use Puncture and Viper Strike.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
it would be cool if there was an aoe 2 hand blade melee only bleed skill to take advantage of all those bleed and degen nodes by the duelist
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
it would be cool if there was an aoe 2 hand blade melee only bleed skill to take advantage of all those bleed and degen nodes by the duelist

Yeah, would be nice for variety but it would kinda suck, melee has few options to double dip bleed and they can't improve bleed it as long as bow double dips.

I suppose they could make some extra powerful version of melee-only bleed but that would be kinda iffy now that it has been standardized. The other option would be reworking MPD support to have 'more physical', it's still an attack support so it wouldn't be able to support phys spells. And FOR GOD's SAKE rework splash to 'less attack damage' already.

That only leaves the shitty concept of bleeding something that stands next to you, so it would have to use a long ranged AoE like Sunder to be worth the trouble.

Now that you mentioned it, we do have a nice hard-hitter with a big AoE. If I craft bleed on a powerful 2H axe and use earthquake, that might be fun.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Mar 15, 2016, 4:32:53 PM
But are they good at doing it? I still think puncture is more viable with bows,since you'll be kiting more. What I'm talking about is some skill that uses swords will out perform then using other weapons.
Last edited by Enrovy on Mar 15, 2016, 4:31:52 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info