Praise our Lord Vhlad, Master of Sparks and Savior of the arena.

"
Sadat wrote:
how does a fight between 2 sparkers in the 1vs1 arena look like?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHHZkpxafHU&t=30m22s

This video is from 2.1 old meta.

There is some rng factor, but for well rounded builds (no crazy damage, not glasscannons), life based wins over ES recharge based because of avenger life flasks.

ES vs ES the higher damage / more proj speed / more duration / better recharge wins, with some more rng factor of avoiding hits.
IGN: Márkusz
My builds: thread/1600072
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
Last edited by Márkusz on Mar 17, 2016, 2:07:25 PM
That's probably the lamest video on the internet
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
Pretty much sums up PvP now a days. Think they added this to the next Special Olympics.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
"
Vhlad wrote:

Everything needs reverse far shot in pvp, i.e. The further that damage is applied from its source, the less damage it should do. Spark off screening vs. LA/EA (or almost any long range lmp/gmp projectile, even shrapnel shot) is not much different than a screen view space restricted attacker (totems, melee, blast rain, etc) vs. LA/EA/other long range projectiles. If you don't have the superior range you feel useless.

The word you're looking for is "attenuation", and freezing pulse does it to an extent. However, it'd be difficult to accurately attenuate for Spark because its duration and range vary so wildly upon builds. I've campaigned (said once or twice) that attenuation would work for some skills, but with Spark, it's likely a different story, seeing as how it would have to account for how long a spark lasts, or how close the user is upon casting it, all sorts of weird shit. Spark really throws a wrench into the works. At least with EA/LA, some of that shit is easy to fix, lower the secondary damage, maybe attenuate, etc.
Lavender or Leave.
PvPresident, 2016
//
You'd better run.
“EA is fine” -relith
i can one shot 6k life with burning arrow without fire pen, pvp damage calculation formula should be reworked.
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Tried to look here again and I thought ea was dumb. Goodluck to you guys.
"
Rupenus wrote:
i can one shot 6k life with burning arrow without fire pen, pvp damage calculation formula should be reworked.

This is kind of a reason why devs do not listen to players most of the time when it comes to balancing.
You said the dmg formula should be reworked just cause your char hits for 6k. Is it burning arrow or your brood twine and 650+ crit multiplier ;-)? You can use any bow skill you want and you will have good results (aside from ea and ca ofc).
Last edited by Heelon on Mar 19, 2016, 10:21:44 PM
"
Heelon wrote:
"
Rupenus wrote:

This is kind of a reason why devs do not listen to players most of the time when it comes to balancing.
You said the dmg formula should be reworked just cause your char hits for 6k. Is it burning arrow or your brood twine and 650+ crit multiplier ;-)? You can use any bow skill you want and you will have good results (aside from ea and ca ofc).

decent damage amounts in 1.3 patch:

LL ST, 90k
LL Wander, 110k
Tornado Shot: 90k
LL EK: 150k-200k
cyclone: 40k
flicker: 35*-40k

now my tornado shot is like 260k
My friends ll st is 160k
Kaiserin's LL wander is 300k
Cyclone: 300k(thanks to crit swords also divide this number by 2, since cyclone tooltip formula changed)
flicker: 120k

jewels and ascendancy classes buffed builds a lot but we are still using same pvp damage formula. its only punishes attack speed.

"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
"
Rupenus wrote:

decent damage amounts in 1.3 patch:

LL ST, 90k
LL Wander, 110k
Tornado Shot: 90k
LL EK: 150k-200k
cyclone: 40k
flicker: 35*-40k

now my tornado shot is like 260k
My friends ll st is 160k
Kaiserin's LL wander is 300k
Cyclone: 300k(thanks to crit swords also divide this number by 2, since cyclone tooltip formula changed)
flicker: 120k

jewels and ascendancy classes buffed builds a lot but we are still using same pvp damage formula. its only punishes attack speed.

And what do all these guys have in common?Pretty sure everyone of these is crit based. Tooltips shouldn't be an argument. There is a lot of things you can do to push your tooltip dps without dealing more dmg.
can you knock out someone with punching only to stomach or chest? you gotta punch to the nose, or to the eye to knock out someone. simple life fact.

RT is cool and shit, but that just helps you to ignore evasion which is not important in meta at the moment.

someone who puts arrow in the middle of the forehead of course gonna win the battle. (mulla will answer this with a wall of text, im waiting)
Last edited by Rupenus on Mar 20, 2016, 1:25:12 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info