Commander of Darkness and Generosity

hi guys,

i have noticed as soon as i support my Auras with Generosity, i do not profit from the increased damage/ attack and castspeed Commander of Darkness (Witch - Necromancer Ascendency Passiv Skill) should grant per Aura.

i dont know if it still interacts with 'Allies' in this case.

i think since Commander of Darkness is some kind of seperate Buff it should benefit the Caster of the Aura even if the Aura is supported with Generosity.

farther i would suggest if you plan to keep it the way it is (without a change to the interaction with Generosity) atleast change the wording of Commander of Darkness because it is misleading.
Last bumped on Oct 23, 2016, 9:13:40 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I have found the following:

I still have questions:

1. If the auras are not effecting me, but effecting the minions, that means the same multipler will counts to minions? Or if the auras are not effecting me then the minions get no bonus from Commander of Darkness?

2. The auras from items that effects me or my minions (example Leer Cast or Dying Breath) is added to the Commander of Darkness bonus?

Last edited by Fyuhgin on Mar 14, 2016, 1:52:41 PM
I wouldnt mind an answer on this, the node clearly says auras you cast regardless of it actually benefitting you. So it should work...
if this is working as intended, then it really feels underwhelming
"
gwenZ wrote:
i think since Commander of Darkness is some kind of seperate Buff
Commander of Darkness is explicitly not any kind of separate buff. The node does not give you a bonus while your aura is active, it changes the effect granted by your aura by adding damage, attack speed and cast speed bonuses to each aura skill you cast.

Just as the node says, this bonus is granted by the aura, so can only be granted to a thing the aura can grant bonuses to.
Agree that this makes commander of darkness really underwhelming, and somewhat out of place in the necromancer tree.

Please, please make this explicit in the node text. If I'd known this, I'd have gone for one of the other nodes. As it is, I have to wait until I get a few more respect points before I can really start using my Witch again.
It makes Commander of Darkness amazing. Just get some Aura nodes and the commander of darkness buffs get boosted too!
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
It also means that, even though you don't buff yourself with a level 21 Generosity Support, your minions get +4% increased damage and +2% increased attack/cast speed... per aura.

I do think it should be reworded for clarity though:
Non-Curse Auras you Cast grant 10% increased Damage to you and Allies
Non-Curse Auras you Cast grant 5% increased Attack and Cast Speed to you and Allies
You and Allies affected by your Auras have +20% to all Elemental Resistances while affected by at least one of your Auras
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
dudiobugtron wrote:
It makes Commander of Darkness amazing. Just get some Aura nodes and the commander of darkness buffs get boosted too!

Hmm? How does this work, exactly?
Wash your hands, Exile!
"
gibbousmoon wrote:
"
dudiobugtron wrote:

Hmm? How does this work, exactly?

Commander of darkness gives:
Auras you Cast grant 10% increased Damage to you and Allies
Auras you Cast grant 5% increased Attack and Cast Speed to you and Allies

Let's say you are using a Level 10 Purity of Elements which gives:
You and nearby allies gain +20% to all Elemental Resistances

If you have commander of darkness, it instead gives:
You and nearby allies gain +20% to all Elemental Resistances
You and nearby allies gain 10% increased Damage
You and nearby allies gain 5% increased Attack and Cast Speed

Then let's say you have 40% increased aura effect (eg from nodes, dying breath, matua tupuna - whatever you like). Level 10 Purity of elements will instead give:
You and nearby allies gain +28% to all Elemental Resistances
You and nearby allies gain 14% increased Damage
You and nearby allies gain 7% increased Attack and Cast Speed

Pretty cool, right? Generosity also gives increased aura effect, so it will boost the damage and attack speed buffs to your allies. Not to you, though, since generosity stops the auras affecting you.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
Last edited by dudiobugtron on Oct 23, 2016, 3:10:02 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info