should i stick to 1 element?

As of now i'm playing a hybrid templar, and i've read over a few posts on here with people saying they're playing a lightning templar for example, although i use fire and lightning skills, is this a bad idea? should i stick to just 1 element? i'm using firetraps, firestorm, lightning strike, arc, decoy totem, fire totem, and determination. any advice would be much appreciated. And if i should stick to one element (I'd go with lightning) what are some good lightning skills to use and just other skills that synergize well with lightning strike and arc. thank you in advance.
self bump
I only use cold because freeze/shatter makes me feel boss. The advantage to using one would be less passive point buffs needed (maybe, dunno if people bother with the %dmg buffs, I did).
We tested it extensively
yeah, that's the first thing i thought of, wasted passive points when i can just invest them into 1 single element
its better to get all elements because then you have all status ailments. You can achieve this through gear
yeah, i guess i could do that and just get the elemental damage nodes
IMO Absolutely yes... you will only really have enough points to stack one elemental damage.

Don't get me wrong it would be possible to stack 2 elemental damage types but then you would have to make sacrifices elsewhere like health nodes, shielding or resistances. Which would be far more beneficial than having another damage option.

My highest Char is a fire dmg templar and whenever I encounter an enemey which has fire resistance I cast Flamability (spell which reduces the fire resistance of targets), which mitigates any resistance they have.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info