[2.2] 100% chaos ICE TRAPPER - UBER down (T15 Abyss Double Boss fight in 10 sec!!)

for standard there's still a chance that they're nerfing to 60% conversion across the board which would leave legacy CDs at 45% conversion. losing 10% conversion isn't a big deal.

"
Bataille wrote:
for standard there's still a chance that they're nerfing to 60% conversion across the board which would leave legacy CDs at 45% conversion. losing 10% conversion isn't a big deal.

Chris confirmed that even legacies will be changed to 30% . For source please check other trapper thread - im on mobile - coping sux.
IGN: PojzonAbyss
[3.2] Immortal Indigon Poet's Pen Hirophant - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2129766
[3.1] Yamata No Orochi - Oni-Goroshi Jugg http://poeurl.com/bHB9
[2.4] The True Queen Of The Forest - Poison LA/BR Pathfinder http://poeurl.com/M6u [Retired]
Any of you planning to run this in the upcoming HC Prophecy league?
Will you make any changes to the tree, anything new that changed to be aware of?
will this build still be viable in 2.3? bc f the chaos conversion nerfs?
i have uber set prepared and after new league starts i will test it

but im quite sure it will be still very good (i hope ice trap wont be nerfhammered)
Last edited by obojetnecotujest on May 31, 2016, 9:14:26 AM
"
V_a_m_p_i_r_e wrote:

We lose a lot of chaos conversion to the changes, right? Thankfully reflect is no issue because of traps, but I still wonder how this will affect us.
"
zankioh wrote:
"
V_a_m_p_i_r_e wrote:

We lose a lot of chaos conversion to the changes, right? Thankfully reflect is no issue because of traps, but I still wonder how this will affect us.

i'm guessing that nothing much about conversion nerf, since chaos damage most advantage is bypass monsters energy shield

maybe took more time killing atziri now, since she got energy shield that much
To be honest, I would not go chaos conversion after nerf. You lose 40% effectiveness of any chaos damage node for the initial hit as well as the poison, and double dipping also lost 40%. If you just spend points in elemental damage, your poison will be weak so it's just not worth it.

At that point, you might ask, how about stop at cold to fire and scale the burn. OK, we got Atziri and burn immune map mod. But one is just a boss among hundreds in this game, the other slow you down but don't completely destroy the build
Last edited by Taxi_Driver on May 31, 2016, 7:43:40 PM
You forgot that this build uses elemental focus gem so we cannot freeze, shock or burn anything at all. And the worst is that not only we lose 40% of total damage, our fire(cold converted into fire) is very weak so getting the extra 10% trap/mine element penetration on the trap/mine mastery is must, thus losing 1 extra skill point.

At this point, I think we're better going full ice trap like pohx's build. If we're using ice pen gem + ice bomb -20% cold resist and the other ice pen skill points. Our damage will be better, although we lose long term dps as it doesn't stack like chaos.

I think we need more testing because mobs will have resistances to our damage as we will not dealing 100% chaos damage.

This is an easily supported skill. Controlled Destruction, Crit/Crit Multi, Conc Effect, Fire Pen, Trap damage, cluster... there, pick what you like.

Get rid of Void Manipulation. Elemental trap were weaker before, but now the conversion nerf simply balance it out. The burning damage by fire conversion is WAY better than using pure Ice Trap with Ele Focus (and you still have the option to use ele focus in burn immune map).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info