[2.2] 100% chaos ICE TRAPPER - UBER down (T15 Abyss Double Boss fight in 10 sec!!)

Hey guys i Have 1 question :( .. I didnt get my Carcass 6 linked -.- .. only stucked @ 5 l .. so much question is rly.. what do u think is better on the 5l ? controlled destruction/ void or ele focus ??

Hope some1 can Help me .. thx alot guys <3
"
inzano wrote:
Hey guys i Have 1 question :( .. I didnt get my Carcass 6 linked -.- .. only stucked @ 5 l .. so much question is rly.. what do u think is better on the 5l ? controlled destruction/ void or ele focus ??

Hope some1 can Help me .. thx alot guys <3

I recommend that you simply run 6-link in a Tabula Rasa - by dropping a gem you're giving up a huge amount of damage. CJ gives you increased AOE (nice for better clear speed), some life, and some resists... and that's it.

For single target DPS, all 4 of the traps you throw in a cluster will hit a target in the center of the cluster whether you wear CJ or not.

The DPS loss moving from a 6-link Tabula to a 5-link CJ isn't worth the gains CJ provides.

That said, if you insist on running a 5-link CJ, just test each gem yourself and drop whatever gives you the least DPS boost.

If you're going non-crit, the best gem to drop is Void Manipulation. But if you're going crit, at some point, VM will become better than Controlled Destruction as you gain more crit. So drop whatever is giving you the least DPS boost at the moment but continue leveling whatever you drop (for example in your weapon swap slot) in case the better DPS gem changes or in case you 6-link your CJ.
Last edited by hankinsohl on Apr 22, 2016, 9:23:09 AM
"
Aedax wrote:
How do damage conversion builds work when it comes to damage boosts; could I theoretically invest in either fire/cold/chaos damage as it all is converted to chaos damage in the end?

e.g. if I go for a node or piece of gear with 10% increased fire or cold or chaos damage, will it have the same DPS output in the end? Same with 10% increased trap damage?

See this post.

Note that since I made the referenced post, I've found several reputable sources claiming that Trap Damage and Area Damage also double dip. I'm inclined to believe that this is true... though I've not seen any posts by GGG about this.
Last edited by hankinsohl on Apr 22, 2016, 9:35:39 AM
How much life did you guys atchieved at 85?...With Izao's Turmoil instead of a 7% life gem ?...Just a thought, do you hit 4500 ?...I guess 4500 is enough if you play well for ubers, but I must think from the perspective of someone who has done atziri normal just 1 time.
Never invite Vorana, Last To Fall at a beer party.
"
Vendetta wrote:
How much life did you guys atchieved at 85?...With Izao's Turmoil instead of a 7% life gem ?...Just a thought, do you hit 4500 ?...I guess 4500 is enough if you play well for ubers, but I must think from the perspective of someone who has done atziri normal just 1 time.

If you get hit in an Uber's boss encounter - you're dead with this build.

For Uber trash, you're probably dead when hit by melee trash.

My tentative strategy (I've not yet run Uber so take my advice with a grain of salt) - is to go dual curse - for safety - against Uber trash. I'm confident I'll never be hit by melee trash.

For bosses - I plan to switch up my gear and go for maximum DPS. I want the boss encounters to end as quickly as possible. If I'm hit by a boss, I'm almost certain to die. So my boss "defense" is DPS.

As a reference point - I've got "only" 4300-ish life at level 92. I almost never die (died once) with this health pool running a dual-curse, crit variant, except for Atziri, or Core. If I want to level, I simply avoid these maps.

So, once you reach about 4200 life or so, if you're dying on run-of-the-mill maps, either consider going dual curse, or if you're already going dual-curse, consider playing less aggressively on maps with difficult mods.
=============
Technique will be important in an Ubers run. If you're sloppy you're dead. So I recommend trying to farm the requiste Uber fragments yourself rather than buying them. That way you'll run regular Atziri enough times to develop good technique.

If you run out of normal Atziri fragments, either farm those or raise currency to purchase them, whichever is cheaper/more-to-your-liking. And not that you can run non-Midnight fragments in an attempt to convert to Midnight fragments. Even if your attempt eventually fails, you'll gain currency via drops to (probably) make this worth your while.
Last edited by hankinsohl on Apr 22, 2016, 10:02:32 AM
Thx alot for the help <3 ... i qwill try now out what is in my plesaure and what is best to lvl up/ farm XD ..
"
eragon1111 wrote:

You fail to address any point with valid response :) Bragging about the build means that sooner or later someone will ask you to prove what you said. And im doing exacly that.
For me you are blantly lyin. And i didnt come up with anything "first" as i was responding to message that was posted BEFORE (had to quote something didnt i?)...

You want a prove - i give you an offer to do so - you shy away. That happens right now.
Ahh so your "Debunking" one by one Wall wasn´t a response to my Post (even you quote exactly that) - in witch parallel universe you living!?

"
The biggest problem i have with the your first post is that:

My biggest problem i have with you is that you aren´t able to read correctly and you really think you have the right to uprate your own opinion other all others. Thats called self-regarded and bigoted, but it´s up to you how you act but you have to life with some sort of opposing wind if you acting like that.

"
1) You call superiour mechanics to mana flask as a "waste of points"
2) Brag that handicapping yourself with mana regen is actually a good solition.

1) May the underline help you with text comprehension!? Can you distinguish personal opinions from universal aspects!?

"
ÐeathwinG wrote:
(I personally don´t like the idea to invest so much passivpoints to get those Nodes)

I even explained in the last posting, i´m aware of the fact that EB/ZO is on less/no regen mods superior, that obvious and never was a question at all. I tried to use highmanareg instead of EB/ZO with the knowledge it have some drawbacks on less/no regen mods but benefit from the passivpoints, which i now could spend elsewhere. Surely i´m not as fast clearing less manareg maps as you can with EB/ZO but it still works - and the fact you even call me liar for this again, shows how bigoted you really are. But i take it easy for now and just smile about your tryhard disbelieve. You want prove, I offered you the chance to see that in live action, you chicken out. Your problem, i don´t have any reason to lie, or to hide. The Offer still holds, by the way.

2) See 1) kinda interesting that you are able to read and understand at least this point. You making progress.

"
Completly disregarding clearspeed on -regen maps and HC aspect of my responses...

Well I was a bit premature to give you to much credit for read and understand...if you call this disregarding in terms of clearspeed...well you got quite a wide imagination, i´ve to admit.

"
ÐeathwinG wrote:
Need I more time for Mapclears!? Probably. Does that matter!? Rather not, unless you are in a race for whatever.

I play softcore, so tell me why i shud care about HC Aspects (where your priority is to build around defense mechanics and there are probably tons of more viable HC Builds outta there to choose from) but again if you would be able to read, i wouldn´t have to expose yourself over and over again.

"
ÐeathwinG wrote:
This build issn´t about defensive mechanics at all, that counts even more for standard league play.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"
I have no will to continue this conversation. I would rather let possible followers to judge my build themselves than to hide by the wall of "I SWEAR IT WORKS FOR ME"...

Uhm OK!? YOU run away but I am hiding behind a wall of "xxx"!? You sure you are drugfree!?

But hopefully you stick to your words, i mean you forced yourself to a point there no conversation is even possible anymore because you only read that you are willing to read. GL in Reallife with that attitude.

Anyway have a good time.

Cheers.
Last edited by ÐeathwinG on Apr 22, 2016, 1:55:12 PM
So I made this build specially for ubers and you are saying that I am dead if i get hit 1 time by anything in the alluring abys? :))
Never invite Vorana, Last To Fall at a beer party.
hi,

1. what would be to your opinion the order in which you will +Quality your gems ?
which gems are the most important for the 20% quality ?
i suppose Ice Trap first (for the increased AOE), then ?

thanks
Last edited by frenchlion on Apr 23, 2016, 9:52:54 AM
"
Vendetta wrote:
So I made this build specially for ubers and you are saying that I am dead if i get hit 1 time by anything in the alluring abys? :))

You can get hit by some ranged stuff and not die.

But yeah, even a white melee mob, if it hits you, will have a good chance of killing you. But this isn't unusual. A lot of high DPS builds are in the same boat. Play very cautiously on trash and then let good technique and high DPS get you through the boss encounters.

But this build is certainly one of the best affordable Uber killers currently, so if you've rolled it to kill Ubers you've made a great choice.
Last edited by hankinsohl on Apr 23, 2016, 12:34:07 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info