Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Make Lab Optional - some Ideas

So clearly a lot of people hate the lab... or to say it another way, they hate being FORCED through the Lab. Others clearly think it's the best expansion ever.

I don't think you lose anything, GGG, by making lab optional. People who find it challenging can still do it for some rewards, and those who do not, can pay them to go get those rewards.

So here's what I'm thinking

1) do not lock ascendancy classes behind the lab. Make them available through normal game progress. Like... maybe at lvl 70 u get 2 points, lvl 80 you get 2 points, lvl 90 you get ur last 2 points. lvl 90 is easy to get for some, but others will find it challenging --- but will only need to play the game they love and not be forced into some Zelda style trap system. or maybe lvl 65, 70, 75? That way you can actually use your skills in content from lvl 75-100 ?

2) Make the lab have better, more consistent rewards. Like, maybe each key you get will drop some guaranteed currency with a value above an alch... so you get a good chance of a chaos or an ex or something. I don't know, but maybe some way to clear all the lab secrets, get all the keys, and fight izaro in a certain way (not destroying portals etc) so that you will then have a 10% chance to drop an ex... that makes grinding it pretty good... but optional and not really OP compared to MF, which can yield half an ex an hour....

3) make enchants more consistently good. From good to amazing being rare but worth grinding for!
So I got some attack enchant on my gloves and I'm a caster... it's useless. And it's not good enough to sell to another player. So why not have another style of selection like "here are 3 options for your gloves, pick which one you want. One is melee, one is casting, one is defensive... and you pick which one you want and it rolls randomly from that pool of enchants. You might get the low level caster enchant but AT LEAST IT BENEFITS YOU IN SOME WAY.

4) Make higher difficulty "general map" in the lab. Like why is it T1 lvl maps or even less? Why can't the general rooms in the lab be T7 or T10? How can you scale it differently so people might want to actually go in there who don't currently enjoy it at all? Maybe the game ... I dunno is smart? Maybe it sees that you've been running T7's all day long without dying and it just bumps up the lab difficulty or something? Or maybe... *gasp* I dunno it asks you if you want to up the difficulty? How bad would that be? "are you ready for a challenge?" and you say yes, and pick what lvl difficulty you want the area to be. if you die, then you get a chance to downgrade the difficulty or something. That would be an ALTERNATIVE to map grinding. Why NOT make alternatives to maps? Give people variety of things to grind.

Changes like this make lab-hating population free to just play the rest of the game... if they ever want the enchants, or think it's a good way to get currency drops, then they can stomach it occasionally AS NEEDED OR NEVER - and not required

The people who LOVE running lab right now... clearly do not run it for MORE ascendancy points... as they already have them. They run the lab because they LOVE IT. So reward them more consistently, just as if they were running maps - but since it's harder with annoying traps - you can lock the "enchant" system behind it.

Meh, people would bitch that you lock enchants behind it... someday you'd probably just make those available in some other way too?

Point being, you do need to change this

PS: My personal opinion is I like the lab, but it's too weak for me to grind for any reason. Rewards are too hit/miss, and the traps are dumb and annoying (unfun). I would def grind it and enjoy it if general map diff. was higher or scaled somehow, and the rewards were much much better.

Last bumped on Mar 13, 2016, 3:28:08 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info