Labyrinth - Fix trap damage to set amounts in normal, rather than % of life / ES

I just finished up the first attempt at running a hardcore character through Labyrinth on Normal. Level 60 with good life and regen, so I figured she'd be ready. She didn't die, but it was close several times.

I gave up when I couldn't find a way through an extended series of the "poison bullet + spiked log" traps without draining flasks. The key challenge was that multiple times I couldn't see a safe place to land from a current safe location. So, I needed to time every move like I'm playing Mario or Galaga until I could somehow find the next safe haven in the split second that I had time to check while moving through dangerous places.

In other words, I needed to find a safe location while simultaneously moving through bullet hell.

With that in mind, consider fixing trap damage to set amounts for normal difficulty Labyrinth so that those who severely over-level their characters can practice and get better, without grounds to be concerned that one or two wrong moves means they're dead.

That would be far, far more new and casual player friendly than the current design.
Now that prestige classes will finally leave lab in 4.0, will GGG get it right this time or will they find new ways to repeat old mistakes?
Last edited by EnjoyTheJourney on Mar 13, 2016, 1:34:20 PM
Last bumped on Mar 13, 2016, 2:27:10 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
While i understand the GGG's logic behind puting %damage on traps and not flat there is a very big flaw.

This totally negates our characters' choices in the skill tree and not only the gear. In other words it doesnt matter for a 33lvl trap that i invested 300% armour on the tree and 250% life it still gonna cut me down. What is even more outrageous is that a person than has no investment in defences and lets say 120% life thus specing more into damage and maybe mobility has a much easier time to navigate through. Take into account for example that a healing pot would instantly heal him up while on more tankier characters you might need two or even three charges for the same effect.

This can offcourse be rectified with small changes that even promote skill

1) If traps totally negate one's gear choices + plus their tree choices its only natural that they negate everyone's choices. Fix : When in labyrinth movement speed is set to 0, items and passives that modify movement speed are muted as long as the player is inside the lab.

2) Why should glass cannons have an easier time? Fix : Make trap's damage deal both percentange and a flat number of damage. So if a trap does 60% max hp dmg now it will do 60% + 6000k flat but only the bigger amount of damage applies, so if a player has 15k ES only the 60% will affect him, and if one has 3k HP only the 6k flat will affect him (numbers ofcourse can change as GGG sees fit).

3) Im sure GGG spent a lot of time in the lab for people to actually spent time there too. Instead of this players just use momevement skills to grab the rewards as fast as possible. How is this tactic deserving of the Ascendancy Points that they so gladly gated behind "hard" content? Fix : Every
movement skill inside the labyrinth has 5seconds cooldown.
Inundated with cockroaches, I am

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216 - labyrinth rework ideas/suggestions

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info