No state save on disconnect in Labyrinth??

Why is there no state save on disconnect in Labyrinth??

I just lost 50 minutes for nothing, since right before 3rd Izario fight my internet went down for whatever reason, and the labyrinth is now reset??

It takes a long time to complete, and without portals, so why isn't there at least a protection from disconnects fucking up your play?
Increasing Field of View in PoE: /1236921
Last bumped on Mar 12, 2016, 10:23:11 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
50 min lol ?
IGN TylordRampage
Look at it this way: You are not supposed to be disconnecting. This is not the way the game is supposed to function. GGG should not implement features based on problems with the game.

Would you rather have GGG spend time and resources on adding a temporary system to relieve the symptoms of a larger issue or spend time and money on fixing the DC issue itself?

I'd much rather they fix the disconnect issue than add a band-aid. It's not only affecting the lab, either. My zana rotations get all sorts of messed up from DCs.
But this is really getting irritating, finally getting in the final trail only to have the game crash couse of some weird error.
Another half hour down the drain.......
Its making me want to run the labyrinth less and less and i really want to play the Ac classes.

Besides the servers have been unstable the entire day so one would recon they would know to adapt to the weekend player increase by now...
"
Maswasnos wrote:
Look at it this way: You are not supposed to be disconnecting. This is not the way the game is supposed to function. GGG should not implement features based on problems with the game.

Would you rather have GGG spend time and resources on adding a temporary system to relieve the symptoms of a larger issue or spend time and money on fixing the DC issue itself?

I'd much rather they fix the disconnect issue than add a band-aid. It's not only affecting the lab, either. My zana rotations get all sorts of messed up from DCs.

Sure, fixing disconnect causes takes priority, but state saving should have been implemented before releasing the Labyrinth, so that disconnects wouldn't have caused much trouble vs completely erasing all progress.
Increasing Field of View in PoE: /1236921
From the announcement post https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1604958

"
Chris wrote:
The Labyrinth
The goal of Labyrinth's design was to make a section of a game that players have to complete in one run. This means that we don't need to design around Alt-F4ing in combat or refilling flasks via portals. This makes for a very different experience to regular Path of Exile play. It also give Standard players a taste of the adrenaline experienced by Hardcore players.

The stability issues mentioned earlier are unfortunately frustrating for players who are playing the Labyrinth because it's a lot of content to re-play if you're disconnected due to a server issue. We're really sorry about this. We believe that the fixes so far and those planned for the next 24 hours will almost fully resolve any issues that cause Labyrinth runs to be aborted. While we're sympathetic about disconnected players wanting to be able to reconnect, we can't tell the difference between legitimate and intentional disconnections. We don't want people to drop their connection on purpose just before they die in the Labyrinth.
Please contact support@grindinggear.com if you need any assistance.
"
Maswasnos wrote:

I get where this sentiment comes from, and I certainly don't want to see POE become a mass of bandages covering up various issues in the game. Programming to the lowest common denominator surely comes with a laundry list of problems. But POE could certainly afford to handle things like this more gracefully than it currently does.

"
Gary_GGG wrote:
From the announcement post https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1604958

"
Chris wrote:
The Labyrinth
The goal of Labyrinth's design was to make a section of a game that players have to complete in one run. This means that we don't need to design around Alt-F4ing in combat or refilling flasks via portals. This makes for a very different experience to regular Path of Exile play. It also give Standard players a taste of the adrenaline experienced by Hardcore players.

The stability issues mentioned earlier are unfortunately frustrating for players who are playing the Labyrinth because it's a lot of content to re-play if you're disconnected due to a server issue. We're really sorry about this. We believe that the fixes so far and those planned for the next 24 hours will almost fully resolve any issues that cause Labyrinth runs to be aborted. While we're sympathetic about disconnected players wanting to be able to reconnect, we can't tell the difference between legitimate and intentional disconnections. We don't want people to drop their connection on purpose just before they die in the Labyrinth.

I do not care. Seriously. Do. Not. Care. Want to solve the problem of people DC'ing on purpose in combat? Don't always load the character in town. Save the character's position at the last known good connection state until the instance times out. Players losing connection due to their internet or a client/server issue or whatever have at least a decent chance to pick up where they left off. Players trying to cheat death can come back into combat with their sliver of health and die like they should have anyway, or have to wait 10 minutes or so to log back in.

*I'm not actually as pissed about the situation as that sounds. I don't like it, but it doesn't anger me to that degree. What does anger me is what I perceive to be GGG's flippant attitude toward the situation. Disconnects? Too bad. This is HARDCORE GAMING!
They seem to be working on the disconnect issues. Given that you have a stable connection.

It does suck, but the Alt-F4 problem would otherwise remain. Saving position is not an option because of party play.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
Admittedly I did not consider the implications for party play. Partying has never interesting me, so it didn't cross my mind. I'm tempted to say I don't care about the consequences there, but then I'd just be... what's the word I'm looking for... Ignorant? Biased? An Ass? Something like that.

I suppose you could say the same about this statement, but I will stand by my position that the labyrinth without some kind of checkpoint or state saving mechanism is objectively bad in a world where unintended disconnects can occur.

All I'm saying here is that I believe GGG is creating an online game without accounting for the pitfalls and realities of online gaming. Unless GGG can somehow magically fix both everything in their code while simultaneously fixing the internet connection of every single one of their players, something has to give somewhere. In the past it has been the players (see past complaints of unfair HC deaths). I hope this time something changes with the Labyrinth, but honestly I don't think it will.
"
Nobake wrote:
"
Maswasnos wrote:

I get where this sentiment comes from, and I certainly don't want to see POE become a mass of bandages covering up various issues in the game. Programming to the lowest common denominator surely comes with a laundry list of problems. But POE could certainly afford to handle things like this more gracefully than it currently does.

"
Gary_GGG wrote:

"
Chris wrote:
The Labyrinth

I do not care. Seriously. Do. Not. Care. Want to solve the problem of people DC'ing on purpose in combat? Don't always load the character in town. Save the character's position at the last known good connection state until the instance times out. Players losing connection due to their internet or a client/server issue or whatever have at least a decent chance to pick up where they left off. Players trying to cheat death can come back into combat with their sliver of health and die like they should have anyway, or have to wait 10 minutes or so to log back in.

*I'm not actually as pissed about the situation as that sounds. I don't like it, but it doesn't anger me to that degree. What does anger me is what I perceive to be GGG's flippant attitude toward the situation. Disconnects? Too bad. This is HARDCORE GAMING!

why not let players chicken so they don't lose xp? does a player not losing xp really effect anything? not really other than the player not getting angry.

so players get angry when they dc and when they die instead of players safely resuming gameplay if they dc or die... hmm... shouldn't the priority be to satisfy the wants of players so they want to spend more money on the game?
Last edited by pandasplaying on Mar 12, 2016, 10:24:02 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info