I've made up my mind about the Labyrinth

I don't like it. Here's why:

• First and foremost, it's too freaking long to not have checkpoints. Die or disconnect due to a lag spike and you have to start the whole damn thing over again. Losing progress in this manner at or near the final Izaro fight is demoralizing and me want to stop playing.
  • Leveling flow. Due to the length, and therefore high number of monsters, running the Lab at level causes you to severely outlevel the following content. Then, once you're done facerolling Act 4 you also faceroll Act 1, 2, and probably 3 in the next difficulty. Yawn.
  • Alternatively, and surely more common, you can finish the current difficulty and backtrack to the Lab. Now you severely outlevel the Lab and are bored again. Lose-lose situation.
  • I do not enjoy the trap-dodging gameplay in POE. That style is not inherently bad - I've enjoyed it in other games. I just don't like it here for some reason. Perhaps it just doesn't mesh with my perception of what an ARPG is, I don't know. Not very helpful feedback I'm sure, but it is what it is.

There is one bright spot in all this though: Izaro. Cool fight, I enjoy it.
Last bumped on Mar 12, 2016, 1:30:08 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info