Why does Lab actually reset zones? That is terrible design.

I'm doing my first Labyrinth right now, but the resetting zones actually just screwed me. It's taken two hours to do it all, making sure I found all chests and keys. But there's a branching fork at the end seemingly designed to screw players and force them to restart if they chanced into going the other way.

http://imgur.com/J0jhKyk

At the second to last silver door area, it forks. I went on the upper path and found the gold door, but you of course can't see the whole map at that point, and I didn't know if the bottom path was the one I needed to go to. So I had to backtrack and go down, which leads to an empty zone, then the last silver door zone, then the boss. Once I realized that was what happened, I had to make sure I got everything and go back to the previous Gold Door zone to go up. Except, you guys made it so these zones actually RESET in 8 minutes. Even if you've already used the key, the zone resets into locked state again.

Now I'm standing here stuck with the doors locked again, because it actually expended my key, because the map was seemingly designed to screw the player by having the forked path be so long. There's no way I could check the other way then return and beat the reset timer. And now I can't go back and get the key again, because the boss zones don't let you go back. So I've 100%ed the labyrinth and gotten all keys and chests, but I have to restart the whole damn thing now. This is so frustrating... Why wouldn't the whole labyrinth be connected as an instance and each constituent section is locked in while you're inside?
Last bumped on Mar 12, 2016, 4:08:10 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
TheRoomy wrote:
I'm doing my first Labyrinth right now, but the resetting zones actually just screwed me. It's taken two hours to do it all, making sure I found all chests and keys. But there's a branching fork at the end seemingly designed to screw players and force them to restart if they chanced into going the other way.

http://imgur.com/J0jhKyk

At the second to last silver door area, it forks. I went on the upper path and found the gold door, but you of course can't see the whole map at that point, and I didn't know if the bottom path was the one I needed to go to. So I had to backtrack and go down, which leads to an empty zone, then the last silver door zone, then the boss. Once I realized that was what happened, I had to make sure I got everything and go back to the previous Gold Door zone to go up. Except, you guys made it so these zones actually RESET in 8 minutes. Even if you've already used the key, the zone resets into locked state again.

Now I'm standing here stuck with the doors locked again, because it actually expended my key, because the map was seemingly designed to screw the player by having the forked path be so long. There's no way I could check the other way then return and beat the reset timer. And now I can't go back and get the key again, because the boss zones don't let you go back. So I've 100%ed the labyrinth and gotten all keys and chests, but I have to restart the whole damn thing now. This is so frustrating... Why wouldn't the whole labyrinth be connected as an instance and each constituent section is locked in while you're inside?

It is indeed very frustrating, I have noticed the same. Gave up after nearly 2 hours of not getting anywhere despite completing/traversing all traps and other nastiness. Have come to the conclusion that playing the labyrinth is best accomplished when under the influence of very strong beer......can't get anywhere when sober....
😹😹😹😹😹
I do not and will not use TFT.
Gaming Granny :D
🐢🐢🐢🪲🪲🪲
Actually I got really pissed off ealier as whatever I did I could NOT find dear Izaro or his delightful pet Argus.....was looking forward to wiping the floor with them again too....
😹😹😹😹😹
I do not and will not use TFT.
Gaming Granny :D
🐢🐢🐢🪲🪲🪲

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info