~Ahfacks~ Spectral Throw DOT PVP/PVE Build (Shadow)~

Hey guys! Just doing a quick guide for this toon. Can update more later.

Main Setup as of 4/9//2016

First thing's first, I gotta give a shout out to Icedeal who really rocked this build out. He's a bit more secretive than I, so I never saw his tree or anything, but he did give me advice on what to prioritize etc...

I wanted a quick offscreen-y type build to grind with in Talis and to pvp with a bit. I wound up hitting L95 with it in League pretty effortlessly. Almost all of my gear is from Talisman league (except for the boots obviously), so it's a very accessible build, but you just need to be patient and grab the right gear. What's great about this build in PVE is as long as you're careful, you shouldn't die to reflect. Most ST builds from old-meta are low life, so they oneshot themselves often. I didn't have that problem with this build!

Again, this character was made in Talisman, if I could do it all over again I would most likely go with a ranger Deadeye because of the additional projectile from ascendancy tree, but that wasn't an option at the time :).

I chose to go Trickster on the shadow to aim a little more defensively. Free WB lets you do wb/fa(or bcr)/melee phys/Bloodlust which is extremely powerful for a 4L, and you can kite away while regenerating both life and mana, which I find very useful for this build. I'm acro with this toon, so more dodge/spell dodge is very nice as well.

Prioritize:

Crit/flat phys/life/res/mana regen

Auras: L11-13 Clarity + Herald of ash or Hatred or Haste. HoA is great against casters as the burn helps against es regen (and is another form of DOT), Hatred is great for PVE damage mitigation, and Haste is great for pvp if you can sufficiently sustain your mana.

Get jewels with life/dot/phys/dagger/atkspd/crit

You need to have as close to 5k life as you can get, and overcapped res with this character because in HLD, he's a squishy little guy! :). After you clean and make your bleed dagger, the next thing you need to concentrate on is your vuln on hit gloves. The gloves I got in Talisman are the best rare vuln-on-hits I've ever seen, and that's how I'm able to wear the Brinerot boots. In SC those gloves would be way too expensive, so I'd recommend going maligaro's vuln on hit or if you're dual curse asenaths vuln/tc on hit gloves are also nice.

Tree

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYCAAAGAx4DhwSxBbUHHgkgDHMNjQ5IES8RlhNtFAkUdRXtFfYWvxjbGo0brR9BI_Yk_SaIJpUqCyzhLiMwcTB8Nj031DpCRwZJUUp9S3hMg02SUUdR2VS9VUtW9VsmW69cQF3yYeJieWKsbAhsjHBScFZw1HSBdf12gnsUfXV943_7hG-HdonTjDaNfY2_joqP-pAbk5mVLpVmlouX0JoTnMSdqqEiotmjiqOjrGawkrDYsbO0xbTRtUi3IrcwuT67nrvjwuzEosgM037UI9W52HbbbtvU2-fdqOLV45_l5udU62PtP-1B7g7w1fGK-aT8xf66_5P_3g==?accountName=dalb3&characterName=Ahfacks

Gear/Gems

Swapouts:
For PVE:

Against Blockers:

For lulz:

🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
Last edited by Ahfack on Apr 9, 2016, 3:36:43 PM
Last bumped on Jun 7, 2016, 5:32:16 PM
Those daggers man gg!

Are those boots bis for this build?

If you wouldn't have those gloves, then would you use winds of change and rare boots?
IGN: Márkusz
My builds: thread/1600072
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
wow man you're awesome!! dat dagger with reduce enemy block chance! cool! i need to fix my skill tree lol tyvm for share your build , i think im going to try a Ranger version for Perandus league! gl!
Haha! Thanks Markusz. Man yeah, I'm proud of that brimstone scratch too. It might be slower base, but I want strong/slow hits instead of a shit ton of tiny hits. I got 1 off perf mods on both my main daggers. I've divined that block chance one 7 times and it's never gone over 12%bcr lol FML. Would love to see that 15% ofc :)

I really feel that the boots are BiS, but I could be wrong! Again, I've only been playing it since Talisman and my original plan was to focus more on this toon since we're in the Path of Offscreen meta, but I just missed my melee too much :)

Espada, happy to help! Have fun with your build man! Ranger is best for sure IMO, and the tree should be about the same.
Last edited by Ahfack on Mar 11, 2016, 5:34:35 PM
Nice build.

[Paid advertisement by dalb3]
[I'm dalb3 and I approve this message]
Winds of change corrupted + rare boots seem like a better combo imo.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
Vuln on hit winds of change would be sick, but obviously since I found those rare gloves there was no question about what I was going to wear. :)

Mulla I would agree with you (and of course always value your input - keep it coming!), but the big reason why I don't use winds of change is because I actually do not want a single bit more projectile speed. ST bugs out after a certain distance and 80% of your projectiles will no longer come back to you. They just travel to their destination and dissapear. I don't see this being fixed ever as they would have to address the skill as a whole.

Also, I don't really like the -move speed (even though wb is primarily how you get around).

I find that the Brinerot's boost 40ishproj and 20 all phys, that it's really about the same in the end (plus you get a small amount of lightning res).
Last edited by Ahfack on Mar 11, 2016, 6:09:15 PM
Have you thought about dropping the belly for a lioneyes chest? Now that pierce adds more proj damage lioneyes chest should add a lot of DPS. Cant see your tree atm website is being lame.

IGN:Dethklok
lllllDanziGGlllll - 100 Ranger ~ HOGM
Mirror Service: View-thread/2479762
Old:870532
"
Dethklok wrote:
Have you thought about dropping the belly for a lioneyes chest? Now that pierce adds more proj damage lioneyes chest should add a lot of DPS. Cant see your tree atm website is being lame.

lioneyes chest is BiS for sure. 29% more damage. gg.

gl on rolling 5 off Greens though.
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Last edited by Rupenus on Mar 11, 2016, 6:27:53 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info