[2.2] Varunastra Gladiator (budget, 78/78% block, 10k armor, 25k+ DPS)

"
Endler wrote:
"
sheeeeeeets wrote:
I have meshed together like 2-3 different builds and have basically come to this exact same build. LOVE those 2 nodes with this sword. May not be top end, but it's pretty a badass weapon.

I have around 25k dps with Reave, running Hatred and Ash in a BoR setup. Great minds think alike TS :)

How is your armor with Bringer of Rain? I have a double legacy BoR waiting for me in Standard league, so I might use it if I can manage to get an Aegis.

12k armor right now. When maxed endurance charges I am pushing 70% phys reduction, then friends determination maxes me.

That's with not so great gear either IMO. Bringer helped me bridge the gap between 4 linked chest and 6 link chest, now I am comfortable enough with it to wait out a NICE 6 link (Belly of the Beast probably) and a really good helmet.
What is your life and current level
ign DominusDontTouchMe
Last edited by Frustrasian on Mar 11, 2016, 11:01:53 PM
how can you use Riposte when you use 1h and shield?

"Perform a deadly counter-attack when you block. Uses both weapons while you're dual wielding." this is the skill description :/
"
Losfisk wrote:
how can you use Riposte when you use 1h and shield?

"Perform a deadly counter-attack when you block. Uses both weapons while you're dual wielding." this is the skill description :/

You can use Riposte with a shield, it will only hit with your main weapon. It hits with both weapons if you happen to be dual wielding, meaning it's twice as damaging for a dual wielder.
Just hit 80 and changed quite a bit up. Miss my BoR, but trying some new stuff.

Spoiler

Thinking about switching to Aegis soon, to at least try it. Afraid of losing the close to 100 HP and all the armour on the Lionseye though. Anyone have experience with Aegis? Worth it?
Last edited by sheeeeeeets on Mar 12, 2016, 8:08:55 PM
Just a remark - you stated that you'd use EC with CWDT. If I'm not mistaken, it's not possible anymore, since EC is a Warcry, not a spell. So... Only way to generate Endurance charges would be via Blasphemy+Warlord's Mark or e.g. CoH+Warlord's Mark on Reckoning?
"
sheeeeeeets wrote:
"
Endler wrote:
"
sheeeeeeets wrote:
I have meshed together like 2-3 different builds and have basically come to this exact same build. LOVE those 2 nodes with this sword. May not be top end, but it's pretty a badass weapon.

I have around 25k dps with Reave, running Hatred and Ash in a BoR setup. Great minds think alike TS :)

How is your armor with Bringer of Rain? I have a double legacy BoR waiting for me in Standard league, so I might use it if I can manage to get an Aegis.

12k armor right now. When maxed endurance charges I am pushing 70% phys reduction, then friends determination maxes me.

That's with not so great gear either IMO. Bringer helped me bridge the gap between 4 linked chest and 6 link chest, now I am comfortable enough with it to wait out a NICE 6 link (Belly of the Beast probably) and a really good helmet.

One of you should take a video. As with a lot of these super tanky builds, the DPS is kind of lackluster at times; so i'd like to see how this stacks up.

Also, what kind of hps you guys looking at?
Last edited by kallell on Mar 22, 2016, 3:41:06 PM
"
Vierhon wrote:
Just a remark - you stated that you'd use EC with CWDT. If I'm not mistaken, it's not possible anymore, since EC is a Warcry, not a spell. So... Only way to generate Endurance charges would be via Blasphemy+Warlord's Mark or e.g. CoH+Warlord's Mark on Reckoning?

You are right. They changed that before I started playing again so I missed the update. I guess my endurance charge generation is good enough because I never noticed that it wasn't working, haha.

I replaced EC with Molten Shell in the guide, it should work out much better than a skill that literally doesn't do anything.

I generate charges with the Reckoning setup which grants charges on stun, although Warlord's Mark is great too.

"
kallell wrote:
One of you should take a video. As with a lot of these super tanky builds, the DPS is kind of lackluster at times; so i'd like to see how this stacks up.

Also, what kind of hps you guys looking at?

I run this game on a toaster so I can't capture video. One of the reasons I even made the build was because I wanted something that could live through all the massive lag spikes from the Perandus chests we were getting at the beginning of the league.

The DPS of the build as it is probably caps out at about 30k with fully leveled gems and quality where it matters. Maybe 40k if you use Ice Crash and Conc Effect. I was considering trying a crit variant due to all the tasty Varunastra crit nodes and the cluster right next to Resolute, but the gear investment was too high for me to test this league. As it stands, I have about 30 chaos worth of gear on this character, and that was enough for me to kill Merciless Izaro and Malachai with little issue.

As far as life goes, I have no idea. The tree has easy access to ~200% life without heading to the Scion life cluster, so it's all a matter of personal preference and gear. I was able to do Merciless Izaro, Argus and Malachai with like 3500 health at level 70. It was scary and I wouldn't recommend doing it on hardcore, but Life Gain On Hit + Double Strike will carry you through some crazy situations.
Last edited by Endler on Mar 23, 2016, 5:29:39 PM
Hey, not sure how often you check this or update, but i was wondering if this build was doable with Champion instead of Gladiator?
this perandus hc viable ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info