[2.2] Video - 2h Crit Flicker Juggernaut

I'm just leveling this build with not too high hopes, but it seems rather legit for now, or may be not.

Most flicker strike builds posted here are either oro's or mirrored daggers, I just did a jungle valley with utter crap, level 30ish leveling gear except a
- tabula rasa
- hegenmony's era
- abyssus

On corridor like maps, the clear speed could be unbeatable.

Here is the video, if people are curious I can post gem setup, tree etc.

pros

- insane cheap for clearing until T7-T8 maps, all you need is a tabula rasa and Hegemony's Era (may as well clear more, did not tested)
- bizarre clear speed
- 7 endurance charges, 5 power charges, 5 frenzy charges. Legit build to get the "overloaded" achievement. All charges are up all the time without any effort thanks to the synergy between: Ice Bite, Hegemony, Smashing Strikes, Blunt Trauma

cons

- no party play, over 2-3 man parties
- can't do atziri
- physical reflect can be painful, if you are using abyssus like myself

Videos

Jungle Valley

My first recording with OBS and for some reason quality is not great and very "bright"

Current Passive Tree

Links

Flicker Strike - Ice Bite - Multistrike - Melee Physical Damage - Melee Splash - Added Fire Damage
Ice bite is used to create our frenzy charges

Frenzy - Faster Attacks
Just In case we run out of frenzy charges in a boss fight

Blashphemy - Assassins Mark - Hatred
Aura - curse setup

Leap Slam - fortify - faster attacks - endurance charge on melee stun
ECOMS is totally optional, smashing strikes notable keeps our 7 endurance up all the time

CWDT(LVL20) - Immortal Call - Flame Dash - Increased Duration
You may want to keep CWDT a lower level, I don't. I like keeping my 7 endurance charges up for the constant damage mitigation.

Ice Golem - Blood Rage
Last edited by kaliXL on Mar 13, 2016, 9:40:00 PM
Last bumped on May 9, 2016, 1:49:23 PM
[reserved]
Hi !

I am interested to see your tree and gems setup if it is possible I like to try this build.
Thanks.
Not bad, though only works as long as you do enough damage to kill stuff for Poacher's Mark/Blood Rage to keep your charges up right? Do you not run into any issues when you go up against a boss solo and burn all your charges and it's still up?
"
Habrarik wrote:
Hi !

I am interested to see your tree and gems setup if it is possible I like to try this build.
Thanks.

updated the post with some info
"
Not bad, though only works as long as you do enough damage to kill stuff for Poacher's Mark/Blood Rage to keep your charges up right? Do you not run into any issues when you go up against a boss solo and burn all your charges and it's still up?

There are generally adds in boss fights, or if the boss is solo standing there and you arrive with 5 frenzy charges, it will die in 5 flickers anyway,

or worst case scenario and this is really bad you have to use frenzy to get a few quick charges. If the boss is a physical damage dealer, your immortal call will proc and will give you 6+ seconds of physical immunity where you can finish the job.

or if you know the boss is solo in that map, you can go in with a The_Writhing_Jar to get 4 charges during the fight, which again should be enough
Thanks for the build! Seems very fun! But what about bandits? :) If I were to guess I'd go:
Normal Kill all
Cruel Help Oak
Merciless Kill all

Would that be right, or just plain stupid?

Regards,
Last edited by inkui on Mar 19, 2016, 2:33:12 PM
"
inkui wrote:
Thanks for the build! Seems very fun! But what about bandits? :) If I were to guess I'd go:
Normal Kill all
Cruel Help Oak
Merciless Kill all

Regards,

Merciless is Kraityn for the fifth Frenzy charge, I'd do Oak in Normal for +40 HP, but skill point works too. For Cruel, I usually go skill point, not sure what kaliXL did.
"
inkui wrote:
Normal Kill all
Cruel Help Oak
Merciless Kill all

Regards,

Hi, apologies for the slow replies but I've never intended this to be a "real guide"

It is something I did to have fun which actually is a lot of fun (giant marauder flying around with a staff?! yes please) It does retarded amount of damage with my lvl 30-40 leveling gear. If someone fills all item slots with proper items, I believe this build is up there with the fastest clear speed builds.

I already re-specced this char to oro's to play in parties.

The way I went with bandits.
Oak(HP) - Kill(Skill Point) - Kraityn (Frenzy charge)

I'm currently level 80 using this build, with the following (non-optimal, but decent) gear.

Spoiler

It sometimes feels too fast, to the point where it can be hard to keep track of what's happening in maps. It's fun, but I don't really feel all that safe.

I levelled using this axe with Cyclone. Started grabbing Int in the skill tree, going for Blunt Trauma ~10 levels before I could use the Hegemony's Era. Started to feel a bit weak at the end, but it held me over until the 4-5x damage boost from the Hegemony's.
Spoiler
Last edited by Siouxsie871 on Mar 31, 2016, 7:44:50 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info