[2.2][Raider] The Blade of Shakuras (ST)

Videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBCGl20iUIk

Introduction

Since the patch, ST was buffed 20%% and so it was time to take a look and make build around this.
If you talk about ST, there are in general 2 directions to go namely elemental or phys. And then we have to choose between Crit or no crit and what weapon will grant us the most dps.

Focus

For now since it's still early in the league and there is not alot of rect gear and the prices are rather high we will go for Bino's, so phys dagger also because it's easy to scale crit on those aswell and we will make up for the one downside, low attack speed with raider ascendancy.

Tree

Ascendancy
Well I already tried Deadeye and it was total rubbish for this build. So I would recommend raider for now to make up for the low attack speed of bino's. In the future with high attack/high cc on phy dagger we might have to take a look .... mana sustain will be hard.

Bandits

Life / Attack speed / Frenzy

Gear

Only notable gear right now is bino's and tabby.

Spoiler

Dream-gear;

Good phy dagger
6-link coil
Corrupted +1 frenzy boots, more frenzies :)

Gems

ST - FA - GMP - Added Fire - Phys Project - (free to choose Critical Chance - Multi - ... )

CWDT setup with whatever you want. I'm using IC and molten shell (although those don't help that much for instance cursing with temp chains / enfeeble / ... )

Ice golem with FA

Wrath - Anger (only run 1)

Herald Of Ice - Herald Of Thunder - Curse On Hit - Ass Mark.

Why no ele?

I did have some ele foils, but their CC was just too low ...

Total achieved damage / Run maps

Right now I'm running tier 4 maps and total dps is 17k. With all the flaws the build still has pretty good I would say.

Q&A

So why no frenzy scaling items like snakebite, ... ?

Spoiler

One item that you totally need to take into consideration is Hyaon's Fury. Keep in mind that in the end we have 8 fury charges. This is incredible. Using the fury would give us a whopping 12%*8 = 96% increased lightning damage. 20 life * 8 = 160 life on kill . So what are the downsides on fury, well simple 3% increased dmg => 3*8 = 24% 'increased' dmg. Which is crap but not totally fucked up. No crit base to start off so picking raider and this would mean no crit and only ele scaling. You can add wrath, herald of thunder and some static ele. jewels to get an absolutly huge amount of lightning damage and the aps wouldn't be that bad either, right now we scale 1.4 aps to 3.9 with fully frenzy and onslaught. So if we take ele nodes from tree and focus on boosting ele damage and sword aps.
This option def. needs to be tested, there is huge damage potential here. If you add snakebites you can even poison like bino's.
Snakebites seem really good gloves for this build => 2% aps * 8 = 16% app speed boost at the lost of res and possible aps on gloves. Poison is the only real upside for using this gloves. We can find rare gloves with 10 aps on it => so I'll leave this in the middle. But it's def. an option though.

Foils vs daggers?

Spoiler

Right now there are points to be made for both. Lets take a look at some really high-end shit;

So we can cleary see that a high-end phy dagger thx to the crit outperforms a foil. The 0.13 extra aps isn't good to save lives here. While there are certain good points to be add in ele scaling for foils, we can also scale phys. Anyway food for thought.

Last edited by sklipnoty on Mar 10, 2016, 11:56:03 AM
Last bumped on Mar 21, 2016, 9:43:00 AM
I don't really understand why you're running an hybrid phys/ele version here.

You should chose a road and stick to it.
You should also consider pierce gem for a more multi on your 6L setup.
"
Isdp wrote:
I don't really understand why you're running an hybrid phys/ele version here.

You should chose a road and stick to it.
You should also consider pierce gem for a more multi on your 6L setup.

There is nothing hybrid about this build. It's full phys atm.

Pierce gem isn't really needed for 2 reasons a) st pierces itself b) max more damage is 29% at lv 20 compared too 44% with added fire damage.

Crit multi is def a good choice if you can cap your crit chance, for now my crit chance isn't capped yet.

I might have to swap wrath wit hatred though, i'll test that out tonight :) should yield more deeps.
Last edited by sklipnoty on Mar 10, 2016, 11:57:09 AM
pierce gives MORE damage where as added fire is increased. big difference. but i do agree i dont think pierce would be worth socketing just for that
"
xMustard wrote:
pierce gives MORE damage where as added fire is increased. big difference. but i do agree i dont think pierce would be worth socketing just for that

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Added_Fire_Damage

Gain x% of Physical Damage as Extra Fire Damage

It's def. not increased and doesn't stack additive but rather multiplicative.

Anyway I don't have a leveled pierce gem laying around to test this out; But I'm guessing the result would be less damage than added fire. Since they both get scaled at the end.
Added fire is sort of "increased damage":
As long as you only have one instance of "% of physical added as x" it's basically a "more" modifier. But if you use, for example, Hatred, HoA and Added Fire they all stack additively, while true "more" modifiers are multiplicative with every other modifier.
In this case of Pierce vs. Added Fire you'd have to do the math or test it out with leveled gems to see what will be better.
Crit happens.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info